EPIC fail

Bobinstein

the event dailies did not reset for me on the 23rd. because of this i was not able to get the last few dna samples i needed for the black-green color crystal, or the final piece in the containment officer set.

now im stuck with 77 dna samples which are absolutely useless and no color crystal all because the system failed to reset my dailies on the last day of the event. did anyone else have this problem?

is there anything i can do?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...wait until the event runs again perhaps? Obviously they wouldn't take all the effort to do it once and then never reuse it again. I was purchasing peoples left over DNA for 500c last night, I intend to sell it for a profit once the event comes around again.

the event dailies did not reset for me on the 23rd. because of this i was not able to get the last few dna samples i needed for the black-green color crystal, or the final piece in the containment officer set.

now im stuck with 77 dna samples which are absolutely useless and no color crystal all because the system failed to reset my dailies on the last day of the event. did anyone else have this problem?

is there anything i can do?

Wait, you didn't think of trying to buy some extras from people?

Wait, you didn't think of trying to buy some extras from people?

i read that the event would run through the 24th, which is today. i thought i would be able to get the last samples i need today. and they were selling at 75k each on my server. i dont have that kind of cred

i read that the event would run through the 24th, which is today.

The event ran through 2 a.m. CDT of April 24, i.e. up to the time the servers were taken down for maintenance. The event is over.

Not everyone did that... I still hope that BioWare will punish the faction on each server which had the most deaths to this.

why would they punish the faction who has the most deaths like that....where does it say anywhere that it was an exploit??? bioware never came out and said it was..they never said that people couldnt do it..

wanting bioware to punish people for it is stupid.

Not everyone did that... I still hope that BioWare will punish the faction on each server which had the most deaths to this.

Seriously? Why would they punish people for this? If you get infected, you die. If you get infected again, you die again. I don't see your logic here.

They don't need to do anything. The event lasted for a good while and it's no ones fault but their own if they left things to the last minute and were left with DNA samples.

Exactly. I wasn't able to log in before the servers went down, so now I've got about 200 DNA samples camping in my vault, on the off chance that the DNA vendor mysteriously shows up on the Fleet or something at some point in the future.

I can live with that, because really it's my own damn fault that I slept through my alarm and my 2-hour power nap turned into a full 9 hours sleep.

why would bioware punish someone for doing something that actually gives you a reward..you get dna for dying.. why the hell would they turn around and punish you for it after the fact..

and by suggesting that they punish the largest faction that did it you are pretty much wanting to punish the imperials since they make up the majority in every server...

id assume you

1 hated the event and want a way to punish those you exploded on you

2 play a republic player and are mad at the server imbalances you precieve are biowares fault

neither of those things are worth ruining a great event.. and thats what punishign ANYONE would do for playing this game.. no one would do a game event again if you get punished after.

Noooo, I also thought it was running at least till the end of today >.<

oh well, pretty pleased with what I did get, just wish I could have got the belt to complete the gear set and spent the last my my samples, have to enjoy what I got and not worry about what I missed.

why would bioware punish someone for doing something that actually gives you a reward..you get dna for dying.. why the hell would they turn around and punish you for it after the fact..

and by suggesting that they punish the largest faction that did it you are pretty much wanting to punish the imperials since they make up the majority in every server...

id assume you

1 hated the event and want a way to punish those you exploded on you

2 play a republic player and are mad at the server imbalances you precieve are biowares fault

neither of those things are worth ruining a great event.. and thats what punishign ANYONE would do for playing this game.. no one would do a game event again if you get punished after.

dying gave dna samples? i was bugged from the first day i found out about the event. i didnt get to explode once.

I cannot believe that they were selling for 75k! I was pleased with the event overall. I didn't collect any armor but I did get a +41 expertise black/green crystal and made about 600k from the DNA sales.

dying gave dna samples? i was bugged from the first day i found out about the event. i didnt get to explode once.

ther was an easy fix for that spread all over my server.. cure it then get reinfected.. woulda fixed the problem.

but if you didnt explode then you didnt keep getting sick. so meh win win there:P

1) It wouldn't be a special event if they extended it.

2) It wouldn't be a special event if they kept the vendor hanging around.

3) it wouldn't be a special event if they brought it back anytime soon.

4) it wouldn't be a special event if they let you trade in the DNA samples for something else.

If you didn't get everything you wanted in THIS event then you have learned a valuable lesson for the NEXT one. Suck it up and stop the whining.

This is coming from someone who did not get to play it every day and did not get everything he wanted. I got some stuff and I actually gave away my remaining samples to some lucky slob that was standing next to me at the vendor when I was done.

This was awesome Bioware! Just awesome. But don't bring it back and roooooooon it.

1) It wouldn't be a special event if they extended it.

2) It wouldn't be a special event if they kept the vendor hanging around.

3) it wouldn't be a special event if they brought it back anytime soon.

4) it wouldn't be a special event if they let you trade in the DNA samples for something else.

If you didn't get everything you wanted in THIS event then you have learned a valuable lesson for the NEXT one. Suck it up and stop the whining.

This is coming from someone who did not get to play it every day and did not get everything he wanted. I got some stuff and I actually gave away my remaining samples to some lucky slob that was standing next to me at the vendor when I was done.

This was awesome Bioware! Just awesome. But don't bring it back and roooooooon it.

i did not play every day either. i did however, play enough to get the crystal that i want. or i would have, if BIOWARE hadn't ****ed up and i was able to do my missions yesterday.

Edited by Parali
avoiding language filter

i did not play every day either. i did however, play enough to get the crystal that i want. or i would have, if BIOWARE hadn't f****d up and i was able to do my missions yesterday.

I have no sympathy for people who can help themselves but don't and try to rely on someone else to help them instead.

I have no sympathy for people who can help themselves but don't and try to rely on someone else to help them instead.

Seriously. I started on the 18th, got myself three crystals without doing dailies on the 23rd. Ran into craptons of the plague bugging out, had to fix it just as many times. People's own dang fault for not finishing DNA collection if they're not willing to do the simplest of things to help themselves.

Seriously? Why would they punish people for this? If you get infected, you die. If you get infected again, you die again. I don't see your logic here.

okay let me explain. There was an option to become immune, but many willingly decided to ignore that, in favour of getting more of the event currency. But I think good stories (and BioWare claims that this game is about story) have consequences to the decisions that are made. By willingly not perventing invection and instead spreading it on your fleet and other worlds, the game should make a difference how the world will continue on this. That's why I think there should be a drawback for the faction which did that the most, otherwise why should the people care about not becoming a plague carrier. And then there is another part, stories are also about lessons, and to fail in teaching people that it is not a good idea to let deadly diseases spread, would mean that BioWare has not even grasped to basics of storytellung.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.