Patch notes 1.2.1

Black_anto

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG SNIPERS ARE SO OP WHY DOES BIOWARE HATE ME SO MUCH WHY DO THEY INSIST ON EATING MY CHILDREN WHENEVER THEY GET A CHANCE OMG SKY IS FALLING SKY IS FALLING OMG OMG OMG

Hey, warzone consumables back down. Nice.

Roll d8

5!!! Sniper/Slinger

Flip coin

Heads!!! Its a buff!

Hilarious!!! Sad thing is that it's probably true...

But to be honest, snipers were kind've "I'll come help you but lemme kill this worthless sniper real quick"

THANK GOD they reduced the cost of rated war hero gear!!! I was SOOO worried about getting those ranked warzone commendations without ranked warzones, let alone trying to play enough ranked warzones to get the rating......

Edited by KhalDrogoe
Added comment about rated wz

OMG lets increase the classes DPS so the TTK can be more quickly because its not fast enough after 1.2.

NIIICE!!!

This.

It was a fun game until 1.2. They are still moving in the wrong direction.

Oh well.. hopefully they'll pull their heads out. In the meantime there is Tera, D3 and GW2 coming out.

According to their metrics, not enough people were playing sniper/gunslingers so they made them OP so that it would attract more people to those classes. Nerf coming in 3 weeks.

... 5% is OP. Really? I'm not even going to begin to argue with you and prove you wrong. You don't deserve it.

... 5% is OP. Really? I'm not even going to begin to argue with you and prove you wrong. You don't deserve it.

So many people don't get it. One guy cried "OP" or "TTK is to fast" and everyone jumped on it. Personally, the TTK at first seemed a bit fast but once I got a couple pieces of BM gear it was right back to normal. I was in full Champion at the time and had I bought the Recruit gear the TTK would have been slower because Recruit has more expertise than the Champ gear and the Dev's have stated that expertise is the most important stat in PvP right now.

A 5% boost to damage is nothing, instead of doing 500 damage it now does 525 damage. That's a HUGE boost isn't it? People really need to stop jumping on the bandwagon of what 1-2 people say and instead try it out for themselves. Also, the dev tracker is your friend. There are posts in there that say the TTK was a bit off due to some abilities that have already been fixed as well as stacking debuffs that they are in the process of fixing. In the end TTK will normalize itself back to what it was before 1.2. This is the norm after a big content patch.

What I want from the BW devs is either Ilum back or an AV style warzone. I like big battles over objectives.

So many people don't get it. One guy cried "OP" or "TTK is to fast" and everyone jumped on it. Personally, the TTK at first seemed a bit fast but once I got a couple pieces of BM gear it was right back to normal. I was in full Champion at the time and had I bought the Recruit gear the TTK would have been slower because Recruit has more expertise than the Champ gear and the Dev's have stated that expertise is the most important stat in PvP right now.

A 5% boost to damage is nothing, instead of doing 500 damage it now does 525 damage. That's a HUGE boost isn't it? People really need to stop jumping on the bandwagon of what 1-2 people say and instead try it out for themselves. Also, the dev tracker is your friend. There are posts in there that say the TTK was a bit off due to some abilities that have already been fixed as well as stacking debuffs that they are in the process of fixing. In the end TTK will normalize itself back to what it was before 1.2. This is the norm after a big content patch.

What I want from the BW devs is either Ilum back or an AV style warzone. I like big battles over objectives.

Thank you for having the patience I didn't.

According to their metrics, not enough people were playing sniper/gunslingers so they made them OP so that it would attract more people to those classes. Nerf coming in 3 weeks.

not true. Right now if anyone sees sniper/gs in WZ they are focused first so they cannot do even 5% of their potential damage. Besides this buff is for PvE not PvP. Stories about snipers hittitn for 8k are either made up or written by people who enter lvl 50 WZs in green gear.

Even if sniper/gs puts in all power/surge/crit mods he can he will not do more than 3k damage average per hit. Sure good burst but after that 90% of their abilities are on CD so you can easily kill them.

This is a PvE buff that Marksman (and the equivalent Gunslinger) snipers needed to be competitive in operations. Those that are stating that this will make them OP for PvP show what little knowledge they have of the class (hint: Marksman isn't the highest PvP damage tree for PvP).

With this buff, the Marksman spec will be closer but still be lower in damage than Lethality builds for PvE and PvP.

lol you guys. This buff is primarily for the Sharp shooter/ Marksman skill tree, as it have been proven to be lacking in DPS. Presently, the Smugglers/ IA's that deal the most damage in Warzones are spec'd into Dirty fighting/ Lethality; they won't benefit from these changes at all.

Sure they will. There's still the bonus damage to series of shots.

This is only going to last a day or so. When people play and notice it makes no difference, they'll be back on you.

I haven't been on my marauder in over a month honestly. Been having fun on my sniper and madness assassin.

I was just making a joke