1.2.1 patch notes

Black_anto

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Emergency 4 hour+ downtime incoming by the end of the week. Mark my words.

Friday prime time for Asian players :p

( And let's not forget the additional emergency emergency fix 4 h downtime hitting Europeans Friday prime time )

Edited by Blurps

Hope everyone is bug reporting the companion implant/earpiece thing so they know it is not fixed yet. I'd imagine such things might be difficult to pin down, and the sooner they know to keep looking, the sooner it can really be corrected.

Just, tested. Still prevalent. Mounting/Dismounting, resummoning companion makes the ear/implant stats dissapear. Have to re-equip every time.

Do they even test things they put in the patch notes? Seriously, what could they have possibly tested and saw it was working for it to not work for anyone on the live server?

Do they even test things they put in the patch notes? Seriously, what could they have possibly tested and saw it was working for it to not work for anyone on the live server?

No they dont test there patches correctly, just cast your mind back to all the patches released and the problems.

• A total of 4 mines must now be successfully defused in order to complete the minefield encounter.

• Chests in Hard Mode no longer drop Black Hole gear.

Not happy about these. Already cleared this in hard mode once, and the black hole gear drops was awesome. I can only foresee issues with the 4 mines thing considering at the moment the minefield configuration is random.

Edited by Aienir

Testing in an isolated environment =/= reliable results in a live environment. The only thing they are guilty of is not correctly setting and managing cusomer expectations.

Testing software in a sand box is always different than a live server. Or maybe they fixed it in one branch and it wasn't included properly in the final release. It happens - screws fall out all the time: the world's an imperfect place.

Testing software in a sand box is always different than a live server. Or maybe they fixed it in one branch and it wasn't included properly in the final release. It happens - screws fall out all the time: the world's an imperfect place.

Pretty much what I said mate, I completely agree.

My only complaint is that they need to improve their communication to teh customer.

Testing in an isolated environment =/= reliable results in a live environment. The only thing they are guilty of is not correctly setting and managing cusomer expectations.

These are publicly released patch notes, not internal documentation. Very unprofessional.

These are publicly released patch notes, not internal documentation. Very unprofessional.

I'd have to agree. Live settings certainly are different from isolated tests, but I've played enough games where the patch notes are consistently accurate to know that there is some way to go about consistently ensuring things are as they're supposed to be.

Note the term "consistently," which is the real issue here. I don't think anyone (well, at least not any reasonable person) would be that upset if the patch notes now and then claimed something were implemented which wasn't. Unfortunately, the SWtOR team has released patches which don't live up to the notes quite a large number of times in a short time span.

really...

like what controlled environment do you have for testing this ***** (with the companion gear) that's so different than the live environment?

****in' dismiss your companion and recall it. check for stats. result? unsatisfactory. test success, bug unsolved.

really...

like what controlled environment do you have for testing this ***** (with the companion gear) that's so different than the live environment?

****in' dismiss your companion and recall it. check for stats. result? unsatisfactory. test success, bug unsolved.

Hi. So you've tested this on the PTS? For you all know, the issue is resolved on PTS but there is another issue on the live server further compounding the problem.

Hence, results from your test environment can never be relied on when compared to the live environment. It's basic IT, although I appreciate testing goes over most users heads. This is also why you always have a roll back plan, irrespective of how "good" the testing goes. Any experienced IT professional will tell you that changes applied to the live environment will rarely go as planned. Extraneous variables and all that.

If you could step back from the keyboard, try understanding what I have said you might suffer some kind of technical revelation as opposed to foaming at the mouth and mashing your face into the keyboard in an attempt to post some kind of rage filled reply :p