BCBull

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on record!

Post your predictions and why!

Hmm, I predict this thread will have some or all of the following:

1) References to subscription numbers dropping or not-dropping. Arguments for and against ,and arguments about how accurate the '1.7 million' is.

2) People will bring up a lot of facts and statements that aren't really salient to Fiscal Year results

3) People will talk about how they're looking forward to GW2/Tera/D3

4) People will talk about how bad/awesome GW2/Tera/D3 will be.

5) Someone will say 'D3 isn't a MMO'! To which someone will respond "Neither is SWTOR!"

6)Lots of comments about how a server is dying, and how when they logged in there were -4 people in Fleet

7)Someone will say "we need transfers now!"

8) Someone will say "They're not ready yet!"

9) Someone will say "Yes they are, look at Australian transfers!"

10) Someone will say "Forget transfers, we need mergers!"

I think that probably covers most of it...

And that's why we got the free month, to keep subscriptions from looking abysmal. I would guarantee that active subscriptions are below 1 million, but the free month will float it 1.1 million.

Nice theory, if it weren't for the fact that the 1 month free subscription was announced and added to accounts AFTER the fiscal quarter...

1) References to subscription numbers dropping or not-dropping. Arguments for and against ,and arguments about how accurate the '1.7 million' is.

2) People will bring up a lot of facts and statements that aren't really salient to Fiscal Year results

5) Someone will say 'D3 isn't a MMO'! To which someone will respond "Neither is SWTOR!"

6)Lots of comments about how a server is dying, and how when they logged in there were -4 people in Fleet

We will get mergers.

We will get mergers.

no you wont . we will see limited free transfers. in early summer. period.

limited. remember that fact limited. it wont be "open choice go pick new server" it will be limited to mostly repopulating servers and moving people from low pop, if your server is healthy and full of players dont expect transfers to be free to you. soon after there will be paid transfers available to all. just like in most every other mmorpg in existence.

early summer.

Do you have any idea the tiny fraction of people who purchased six months subs?
Eh, I 'm sure he's just as capable of guessing as you are. Without official numbers it's kind of silly to claim that it's a tiny fraction

You forgot:

11) Someone will say, "Those sub numbers mean nothing! Most of those will be the free month."

There we have it

 STAR WARS®: The Old Republic™ active subscribers are 1.3 million. Two new content

packs – Legacy and Allies, available in Q1.

1.3 million is still pretty good, but it is going in the wrong direction. :(

Some info to those who are to lazy to search them self :p

Let me provide you with an update on Star Wars:

Through the end of the quarter, approximately 2.4 million units have sold through. In our last

call we indicated that we had 1.7 million active subscribers, and as of the end of April we now

have 1.3 million, with a substantial portion of the decrease due to casual and trial players

cycling out of the subscriber base, driving up the overall percentage of paying subscribers.

We have already launched a number of initiatives designed to grow subscriptions.

The initial responses have been positive and we are encouraged by the gaming community’s reaction.

In summary, we delivered an extraordinary launch of a solidly profitable long-term franchise,

which contributed to both our gross and operating margin improvements in fiscal 12. We expect

this title will further expand our margins in fiscal 13 as we get the full year benefit of subscription

revenue.

Let us give you two additional points of perspective as it relates to our current subscriber base

and its impact on our fiscal 13 guidance. First, the current number of active subscribers, 1.3

million, is very consistent with the original assumptions we made when we acquired BioWare in

2008. Second, while this franchise is very profitable, it only represents a mid-single digit

percent of our total profitability in fiscal 13.

 Star Wars: The Old Republic now has 1.3 million subscribers, with a much higher mix of

ongoing credit card consumers, but on a lower absolute number of subs. The service is

stable, profitable and we have strong plans to grow it in fiscal 13.

 The 143% growth in subscriptions, advertising and other revenue was driven by the

December launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

 Star Wars: The Old Republic was the most successful subscription MMO launch in history

and is now firmly established as the #2 MMO in the west. The service is extremely strong

on the operations level.

 Full game downloads were up 76% year-over-year. Origin contributed $48 million of nonGAAP revenue, fueled by Mass Effect 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic and revenue

generated from our third-party publishing relationships.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.