Operative/Scoundrel = useless classes in pve and pvp after the 2x nerf

Maryuss

I highly doubt you're any better geared than me or other scoundrel/operatives. Especially considering the lack of high power battlemaster mods that we need to keep expertise high as well. My crits on a well geared target reach to about 4k. Undergeared targets might reach 5k. 6k hits are basically impossible. Go and grab a screenshot next time you get one, and then I might believe your claims.

And while our burst might ignore tank shields, so does many other classes whose attacks are mostly force or tech. Plus it's the armor, tank stances, and other defensive cooldowns that really hurt the opening burst, which our attacks cannot cut through at all.

I have 2k cunning 350 power, 220 surge,300 acuracy, 41% crit, 1k expertise ... on top of that i use power relic and adrenals. Posted a screenshot on other thread. L2 gear

long story shot its a mixed bag, you can be successful but there's more caveats on attaining that success relative to other classes. At the end of the day the question is are you going to put the effort in to still make the class enjoyable or sit around and complain until it gets fixed?

Gear:

-augmented gear reins supreme. 6 augment slots from weapon/armor gives you the ability to design your armor set, and gain stats from mods and buff where you're lacking. So you can grab all those nice +75 crit pieces and come back and buff your surge if you like, or go for cunning to buff multiple stats. It also rounds out to about 600-700 more health.

-Crit threshold: you notice a nice improvement around the 40% plus mark. Granted it should be pointed out you have to approach criting almost half your attacks to be as viable as possible.

tactics:

abilties changed, change with them. Apply acid blade to yourself if you have to just for the armor pen buff, use your positional attacks specifically for burst, not just to "do damage." If you're going to have to blow your energy wad, blow it so you get the most bang for your buck (its surprising to me how few people actually use explosive probe).

You certainly are not going to 3 shot people in BM gear, 18K health and barely being able to get 5K damage stabs and lately hidden strike barely breaks 2K damage so I use backstab more often. Folks in recruit gear are easy to kill, but those in BM and those progressively getting WH gear aren't easy to kill as an operative no thanks to the longer cooldowns and reduced damage to shiv and lacerate.

I have 2k cunning 350 power, 220 surge,300 acuracy, 41% crit, 1k expertise ... on top of that i use power relic and adrenals. Posted a screenshot on other thread. L2 gear

So I got more Bonus Damage and Surge than you but without a Sentinel buff I won't hit geared players for 5k-6k. Seems like you overrated your damage a bit :o

Moreover 6k damage is not really a big deal for other dps classes.

PS: Would be nice if you post a real screenshot and not " http://i42.tinypic.com/2us9c35.png " that crap

OPs from stealth are absolutely devastating when played right.

OPs caught before they can open die pretty easily.

Fair trade off. I see no issue with their burst as a result of that simple fact.

OP healers though were great before the TA change to 3, just made them better (and quite frankly annoying as hell to kill)

Mind linking it, because I did not see it in your posting history. It would also help if you said what other thread.

By the way, 2000 cunning is quite a lot. I'm only hitting 1947 (consular buff) decked out in Rakata/Black Hole gear, so I'd be very curious to know what you're doing to get your cunning so high while also keeping above 1000 expertise. However, in augmented battlemaster/war hero gear, I'm running at 1600 cunning, 481 power, 200 surge, 1117 expertise.

Basically...what I'm getting at here...is your stats make no sense. You're basically running at full PVE gear cunning, still have decent power, surge, crit, and a high accuracy (which is all but worthless in PVP). So please enlighten me how you're managing to get all of this wrapped up into one gear set.

Just how much endurance do you have

This simply does not happen when two equally geared people fight each other. Plus the new 7.5 second cooldown doesn't really allow shoot first to restart the volley, and then you're losing the only good defensive cooldown scoundrels get.

Restart the volley? 7.5 seconds is nothing.

You don't restealth immediately. You toss your bleed and a few quick shoots. Maybe a stun. You can last just fine outside of stealth before first shoot is ready again. Unless of course.. you think you should be able to fight every other class toe to toe without any footwork after just taking off 50% of their health in 2.5 secs. If you're dead within 7.5 secs you must be undergeared, they are overgeared or you are just standing ther trading blows with a vanguard or jugg or whatever. If you want an easy mode class play a marauder. They have alot of buttons so people think they are hard to play. But all they have to do is hit buttons. They don't have to actively avoid damage while pushing those buttons at the right time and angle.

It's extremely unbalanced, it might be the best overall class in the game. Maras are better at pure damage it's true, but those Scoundrels/Operatives are now by far the best healers in the game, and can keep an entire team up if they're skilled. They can pop off 500k healing numbers in warzones while chipping in 170k damage or so, which is an insane total contribution.

500K healing and 170K damage? What a beast! Must have been a long Voidstar and the other team ignored him the entire time. I have seen OPs do 500K healing, but I've also seen a Sorc do 800K in Novar Coast this week....long battle won with 2% left on our shields. That ground AoE heal is OP when everyone is fighting in a little group around the console.

Your claim, if true is rare. The Ops healing "buff" was quality of life changes. Our healing output maybe went up a little, but really it's just not as annoying to keep TA up and now our AoE heal actually works.

Edited by mSum

Operatives are in no way underpowered, and in fact, in many situations, obscenely overpowered now. They are the best PvP healers in the game, incredibly viable for PvE, and their dps is superior in every aspect to assassin mirror spec. (with the exception of MAYBE defensive abilities)

So I got more Bonus Damage and Surge than you but without a Sentinel buff I won't hit geared players for 5k-6k. Seems like you overrated your damage a bit :o

Moreover 6k damage is not really a big deal for other dps classes.

PS: Would be nice if you post a real screenshot and not " http://i42.tinypic.com/2us9c35.png " that crap

Wow, 6k is not a big deal? You realize there are no other classes that can hit 6k right? Warrior maybe with adrenals. BH/Inquisitor cannot hit 6k damage without popping a stim and adrenal, no matter the gear.

Let's just get one thing straight here.

DPS operatives still outburst pretty much every other class. Whether or not that makes them balanced, is another matter.

I know, because I play a dps assassin. My dps is backloaded, and so is a marauders. They have to build rage, or apply dots. The merc too, because they have to charge up for free railshot or dots. Everyone might outdps you after 10 seconds, but for those first 5-6 seconds, yours is the best.

Let's just get one thing straight here.

DPS operatives still outburst pretty much every other class. Whether or not that makes them balanced, is another matter.

I know, because I play a dps assassin. My dps is backloaded, and so is a marauders. They have to build rage, or apply dots. The merc too, because they have to charge up for free railshot or dots. Everyone might outdps you after 10 seconds, but for those first 5-6 seconds, yours is the best.

Since Op DPS is front loaded that means you just stun one as soon as you see one exit stealth and it's usually GG from there. Unelss it's a 1on1, as long as anyone else saw you exit stealth, a stun might as well be instant kill on the Op in many scenarios. Now if nobody else saw them exit stealth you got a lot of pain coming your way, but hopefully you got teammates that you can count on.

Am i the only one that thinks the classes are very unbalanced ?

No.

But you are misguided in that you (like others) do not factor in the nature of Op/Sc and how we operate. We don't carry nuclear payloads in our arsena for delivery.

Also, by your own logic, we should only do medium damage since we wear medium armor. I regularly crit between 3200-3600 which I think is really good and will get better and I improve my gear combinations.

We are quite utile.

its surprising to me how few people actually use explosive probe.

This.

I'm a Scrapper Scoundrel, and after I got my AC, I stopped using Explosive Probe until about level 35. It's embarrassing how much DPS I left on the table for 25 levels. Moving to cover doesn't trigger the GCD, so it's just a double-tap to get EP out. I have my '=' key on my main bar cover and on my cover bar as Explosive Probe. I understand I could make it even faster if I mapped a hotkey directly to 'Move to Cover', but the time lost there is gained by not having to hit two different keys (for me, at least).

Macros would be better (BioWare, are you listening?? MACROS!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.