1.3 eta?

ViciousFett

Lol not being a fan boy and not even emotionally hurt. Pay to win means whatever you are buying is giving you an advantage. Nothing there is giving you an advantage. The xp boost doesn't mean a thing depending on the person. If you have a hard core player not using against a casual player using xp boost I promise you the hardcore guy will hit max lvl weeks before the casual. If it is two hardcore players with one guy having xp boost then guy MIGHT beat the other guy by a couple of hours if that. If it gets to the point where no group will take someone unless they have a rez orb then all they have to do is trade in gold for the gems. Seeing as how gw throws as much gold at people as they do xp(which if you haven't played Nightfall or factions they throw a lot of xp and gold at you) it will be little to no effort to get the gold for the gem.

p.s Try not using the fan boy defense. It makes it seem like you actually have nothing to say and that you are just pulling at whatever string you can find :D

As I have said arguing this will change nothing, you even agreed with me in your above post "Pay to win means whatever you are buying is giving you an advantage". Regardless of how much you feel the items offered give an advantage, on an even playing field the DO give an advantage, therefor as I said before, you are arguing a moot point. This will be my last post on the matter because if you still don't get it, you never will.

In regards to your point about the term fan boy/boi, again I stated that I hate the term but that is indeed what you are appearing as (whether intended or not) because you are ignoring the facts and continuing to blindly argue against the facts in an attempt to further your point.

Edited by Jaymanus

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That whole post is based on assumption. I was under the impression you already played GW2. "The xp boost doesn't mean thing depending on the person." already admitting that depending on the person it may or may not affect them adversely. So you are admitting that it could be detrimental for some.

Then you go on about the crutch that people will create in requiring res orbs. Yes, because we know how cheap it's going to be already. You're assuming that the price of gems for gold is low, but to me something like gems that allow you to buy certain account options would never be cheap. Otherwise you may as well just give them to everyone in the game without charging them gold.

This is going to be a brand new game from the beginning, not another "expansion" like Nightfall or Factions. The fan boy comment was a bit harsh, but it seems like you're putting a lot of effort into defending this game on the forums that are for another game.

SWTOR will be scratched by GW2, that is all. There will not be a mortal wound. TOR doesn't need 2 million players or more to thrive.

Well first off I'm actually trying to get this thread closed because honestly I hate threads that are asking when is the next update coming when one just got dropped.

It is determinal because a casual player will not be able to pass a hardcore player as far as lvling goes even if the casual keeps buying a 200 xp boost and if both the people are play the same then the xp boost will give him a very small lead if any.

I know the prices for the gems are going to be a lot of gold. I've seen the articles about it. As I said in my post GW throws so much money at you it's honestly hard not to be rich even if you barely try.

As I have said arguing this will change nothing, you even agreed with me in your above post "Pay to win means whatever you are buying is giving you an advantage". Regardless of how much you feel the items offered give an advantage, on an even playing field the DO give an advantage, therefor as I said before, you are arguing a moot point. This will be my last post on the matter because if you still don't get it, you never will.

In regards to your point about the term fan boy/boi, again I stated that I hate the term but that is indeed what you are appearing as (whether intended or not) because you are ignoring the facts and continuing to blindly argue against the facts in an attempt to further your point.

Yet again no advantages are given. Thanks :D

whatever the ETA for 1.3 If they can get cross server que for warzones, operations and flashpoints before gw2 hits, Im sure swtor will be just fine, and if they manage to reimplement open world pvp, even better.

About GW2, any game with a cash shop can make you spend even more money than a subscription, I know, I played League of Legends, and even in that game most of what you can buy is just cosmetic, they also sell IP Boosters so that you can end up buying a bunch of runes faster than anything else.

I highly doubt those games will hold a lot of people. Diablo 3 is not really an MMO, and is more themepark than SWTOR, with the only exception of randomly generated maps, but overall the same quests. GW2 is going to have less frequent updates, due to the fact that there is no active subscription, and less income to fund a large group of developers. They both will be flavor of the month, good for a few weeks, but then all the content available will be tackled and people will come back to the 'other game' because more people will be here, and newer content will be added here.

i doubt any mmo upcoming with hold alot of people.sw tor didnt,so what makes you think upcoming mmos will

whatever the ETA for 1.3 If they can get cross server que for warzones, operations and flashpoints before gw2 hits, Im sure swtor will be just fine, and if they manage to reimplement open world pvp, even better.

About GW2, any game with a cash shop can make you spend even more money than a subscription, I know, I played League of Legends, and even in that game most of what you can buy is just cosmetic, they also sell IP Boosters so that you can end up buying a bunch of runes faster than anything else.

people really shouldnt talk unless they've researched the game there talking about.the cash shop in gw2 is cosmetic crap from what ive heard

but meh,i dont know.the whole dodge thing kinda turned me off,but the pvp looks like its actually going to be good.not garbage like world of warcraft and sw tor

Yeah, because cross server queue's are really going to help open world pvp, i mean look at the other game that instituted those devices and their massive open world pvp....oh wait.

If you have fast travel to content options in a game, people will not use the slightly harder to get to open areas...it's simple logic.

still think people are missing the point, 1.3 and 1.4 arnt the big patches, there just adding small stuff to what 1.2 put in. 1.5 is the next big patch.

1.3 is meant to be the patch with rated WZ and 8 man queue's

i thing thats why we want that soon tho ^^

1.3 is meant to be the patch with rated WZ and 8 man queue's

i thing thats why we want that soon tho ^^

1.2 is rated warzones and 8 man q's they just havnt got it working yet, its meant to be here before 1.3. 1.3 is the start of the season or is meant tobe.

how do you know...?

Gamebreaker tv did a show a bit back where they got hold of what was in 1.2-1.5.

1.5 is loaded and has the hk companion in it.

Edited by Shingara

Yeah, because cross server queue's are really going to help open world pvp, i mean look at the other game that instituted those devices and their massive open world pvp....oh wait.

If you have fast travel to content options in a game, people will not use the slightly harder to get to open areas...it's simple logic.

I don't pvp, so I could be wrong here, but as far as I've seen people complaining currently this game has virtually no open world PVP anyway?

Also why don't we stop comparing things to other games. SWTOR isn't going to copy them to the detail, they can take an idea of a tool from another game and change it to suit their own game.

So how about instead of saying "That other game has this and this is why I don't like it in that other game." why don't you say "Here's my ideas of how they should design the tool for this game..."

The ETA for the patch 1.3 will be soon after they fix 1.2 once thats fixed they will apply 1.3 and proceed to fix that etc.etc.

Macdonald had a big recruitment drive maybe this was an undercover way to recruit game testers for bioware's quality control team ,certainly tier one customer service with some training could be escalated to ,"Would you like fries with that" employment status .although the first hurdle would be the language barrier lol.

They wont only play it for 7 days trust me. and this game will die when GW2 Diablo3 firefall SW Terra come out

Post like this makes me think of the early days of WoW. People said it was going to die out because of X game and Y that. I played TERA OBT and god it was terrible. Cool graphics yeah sure, good combat but the world felt so lackluster compared to SWTOR. UI is horrible, can't even walk while looking at the map, way too much popup... and Elins -.-' God I hate them! And the In-game Cinematic is far from good compared to SWTOR :D Questing is boring as hell... Instances is boring as well.

Now I haven't played Diablo 3, GW2, SW or Firefall.. but they all sound generic to me. GW2 will most likely disappoint, way to overhyped. And I thought people hated pay to win? That's pretty much what GW1 was and GW2 will be exactly the same. But I have played Diablo 2, that game was great, for a couple of weeks :) And I've heard around the so called internett that Diablo 3 disappoints on certain areas where Diablo 2 did better. They don't even include PvP.

SW... if you are referring to The Secret World it will be another Funcom fail.

Never heard of Firefall. It will most likely have a small chunck of players.

SWTOR will keep on growing and get better :) By the time GW2 is out SWTOR will have all the basic features and maybe more :D

Edited by xeenz

GW2 has openpvp....bioware at the moment has zip for openpvp...with openpvp you can make you own freakin content. :) Live by the sword die by the sword. Bioware "will" feel the hurt in subs when GW2 goes live.

Sure for whatever percentage of the whole is into open world PvP. I have a feeling, though, that's not that big a percentage. Could be wrong but I don't think that really big fans of OWPvP flocked to SWTOR to begin with. It was not marketed as a game with a huge focus on that like GW2 is.

I'm guessing late may or early june :) The next couple of content updates will be smaller than 1.2. If I remember correctly they are working hard at both 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5. So to me it sounds like 1.5 will be the next major update :)