To those complaints about master strike read

Dirematron

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you this, stop trying to 1v1 in a warzone where team effort is what wins. If you are a healer, makes friends with a Jugg/Guardian and he will nerf those pesky Sents/Maras with guard, taunt, etc...especially with a healer following him.

Translation: stop trying to 1v1 marauders and learn your place as their inferior. Take two friends with you if you want to fight him!

Translation: stop trying to 1v1 marauders and learn your place as their inferior. Take two friends with you if you want to fight him!

It's pretty clear you don't know much about PVP and if MS/Ravage is hitting you for 10k, you are not wearing PVP gear. Until you actually want to play PVP the way BioWare intended you to, you really shouldn't complain. Or you're gonna be crying for a long time to come...

P.S. Stop keyboard turning and clicking if you ever want to be good at PVP.

Sentinal became my main before 1.2 and even i think the recent buff to Master Strike should be removed. It hit hard before the patch and now is just a bit silly. We didn't ask for the buff to it nor need it, the class was fine as it was.

Speak for yourself. As a Vengeance Juggernaut, Ravage was totally useless, because it was weaker than any of our other abilities, and wasn't a Rage Builder, so allowing it to finish the entire 3 hits was a DPS loss, and using it as anything but a filler attack when other abilities were on cooldown in PvE was a waste (forget PvP), making the Vengeance talent that resets its cooldown totally pointless. Now it's actually worth using in a rotation - and by proxy, making Rampage useful - Vengeance is now balanced with the other DPS specs because of this change. Without it, Vengeance is totally, utterly gimped, as the new Ravage with Rampage is somewhere between 25-30% of our damage.

It's not just Vengeance, either - Carnage relies a lot on Ravage too, except since Ravage was weaker than other Marauder abilities per Global Cooldown, it was not worth having the talent that roots people for its duration. Carnage is not overpowered by any means - people STILL think Carnage is gimped compared to Annihilation. It's not Ravage that's overpowered, it's Ravage on top of the fact that Marauders have Undying Rage, Force Camo, Obfuscate off the GCD, party heal DoTs, Saber Ward, and Cloak of Pain. FFS, that's more defensive cooldowns than Tanksins have, and a good number of them are on short cooldowns. Ravage doesn't even hit that hard compared to many other abilities that even warriors can use - Crit Smash always has and always will hit harder, Vengeance has auto crit on its Vicious Throw, which is a guaranteed 4000 damage that can be used from 10m away. Ravage isn't the problem, it's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Ravage needed the buff to actually be useful compared to other abilities, and to be worth a 30 second cooldown, worth being a melee attack that rooted the user in place, worth using for both its GCDs, and worth being an attack that was back loaded to the final hit at 3 seconds on the dot. Ravage isn't even overpowered for Juggernauts at all. If it's overpowered for Marauders, and not even all Marauders, then it's marauders themselves that need tweaking.

It's pretty clear you don't know much about PVP and if MS/Ravage is hitting you for 10k, you are not wearing PVP gear. Until you actually want to play PVP the way BioWare intended you to, you really shouldn't complain. Or you're gonna be crying for a long time to come...

If MS/Ravage is hitting you for 10k, it's because the gods of RNG conspired against you to seal your fate. All 3 hits have to land and crit, AND you have to be wearing no expertise, AND the Marauder has to be Carnage right after using Gore (Carnage doesn't get dots, heals, or a better Force Camo, or a short cooldown on Undying Rage, so pretty much that's the only thing it has going for it in PvP).

Edited by Vid-szhite

Sents have more defensive CDs than any tank, and often heal for as much as a healer over the course of a warzone. So you're wrong. They're all three.

Lol i rarely hit 75k healing. learn what you're talking about and stop spreading lies.

Root/immobilize is already off Resolve, no class should have access to more than 1 root/immobilize.

Carnage has 3!

The Marauder forums still swear up and down that Carnage is gimped beyond all playability. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen, since they haven't shown any parses to prove their speculation, they're still all playing Annihilation.

Edited by Vid-szhite

The Marauder forums still swear up and down that Carnage is gimped beyond all playability. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen, since they haven't shown any parses to prove their speculation, they're still all playing Annihilation.

in pvp carnage is still pretty gimp. 2 seconds off our interrupt, bleed dot crits that heal us for 2% of our hp, and our heal on berserk/zen, then the 0-30m range leap on a 12 second CD, are all just far too good to give up.

One last note Psychology 101 when there is an argument and one side cannot come up with a valid counter the tendancy is to pick with whatever else they can. In this case the "enter" key lol

As a clinical social worker I'm well beyond psych 101 and I have a hard time making heads or tails of your argument without punctuation, proper grammar, and capitalization of first words in sentences. Must be my level of education interfering :rolleyes: Next time, take the 10 seconds to type something coherently and you'll find your argument gets more attention and your lack of ability to express yourself gets less.

To sum up what is there so far lol people really have no idea about sent/Marauders lol if they did they would know the dps they do now and 1v1 ability was always there prior to 1.2. The only two things they could change that would really effect us would be no focus to forcekick or awe other then that lol nerf away ill still top over 300k damage in wz as i did before and still beat the stank out of every other class because i have skill:-)

I said in another thread - as a focus guardian, with trinket alone /no adrenals, no wz buff, no offensive cd, because i have none/ i can do a 7.5k hit on MS /sum of all the hits/. On pvp target. Imagine what i can do WITH adrenal and wz buff. Then imagine what a marauder can do with offensive CD up. Then tell me that 10k is impossible.

Sentinels ARE A HIGH BURST DPS WARRIOR!!!!! NOT A TANK!!! NOT A HEALER!!!! NOT A AOE DAMAGE DEALER!!!! they did right by the masterstirke ability prior to the uninterupt change it wasnt even a feasable skill to use unless in combat spec or focus watchmen rarely used. Reason its a 30 sec cooldown takes 3 secs to deploy plenty of time to interupt not to mention the sentinel is rooted in place for the duration cannot move or take any action or its disrupted and lost for another 30 secs.

To many people dont know the class and dont realize this. Also to many people dont think hello uninterupt doesnt mean the sent cant be cc'd or stunned problem is this is Stun wars with a ton of not very good pvpers that do nothing but rely on stuns for everything so when its time to actually need it they dont have it cause they used it on some frivolous thing like stunning some guy 30 meters away drinking a beer hurting nobody so they would have 4 seconds to get a extra hit.

LOL learn to play your toons and you will see that you dont need stuns to win lol watchmen sents dont have stuns there the hardest class to play and the good ones use around 10 abilities in a fight with no stuns heck all classes have that ability but most are handicapped with no common sense that if they explore there class they will learn that combinations of abilites can be devastating. Stop complaining that you got hit hard by not stepping away 5 feet to interupt the sents master strike and learn your toons.

I love it when the hicks hit town!

Oh and BW please change the description of MS to..... Uninteruptable means cannot be interupted by using the various class "interupt abilities" inherant to 6 of 8 classes. Skill is still subject to interupt by stun, crowd control, knockback, or moving 5 to 10 meters outside of sent/marauder range.

That should help clarify to alot of folks that really had no clue what you meant by "Uninteruptable"

How does one move away when rooted again?

My jugg spec'd vengeance hits hard with ravage, I have to say devs overbuffed it a bit far. In WZ's lately all that ever happens to me is a sent or guardian charges me, and casts MS right away, I get away, and another one does the exact same thing right after that, everyone that's playing a mara/jugg or sent/guard are doing it.

15% was too much, especially when you add 8% from focus/rage talent box.

Funny thing, sentinels allways say stun through this stun through that, so master strike, rebuke, saber ward, guarded by the force, master strike, well I think the only class with that amount of stuns was the hybrid sorc, and as far as i know it's not possible anymore. So I guess BW should give all classes at least 2 additional stuns to counter the sentinel.

Really, learn how to play first. If you have time maybe play one sentinel~

I said in another thread - as a focus guardian, with trinket alone /no adrenals, no wz buff, no offensive cd, because i have none/ i can do a 7.5k hit on MS /sum of all the hits/. On pvp target. Imagine what i can do WITH adrenal and wz buff. Then imagine what a marauder can do with offensive CD up. Then tell me that 10k is impossible.

Makes yah wonder why little guys that wear medium armor,with no gap closers and DPS that stinks after their opener do not have crits near that high? hmmm

Sorry bro, this guy is claiming the last hit on MS/Ravage crits him for 6k.

And 10k MS is impossible.

"They are hard to play"

I almost choked.

You know, I had the "pleasure" of getting two level 50 characters. One is my Commando in Champion gear, the other one is my Sentinel with blue gear. That little Sentinel is 10 times more fun and 10 times more overpowered than the Commando. Interrupts, stuns, gap closing, buffs to the whole Ops.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about and that Sentinels is the only character you have. You are wrong, so very very wrong. You can't kill a good Sentinel, especially not 1 vs 1.

"They are hard to play"

I almost choked.

You know, I had the "pleasure" of getting two level 50 characters. One is my Commando in Champion gear, the other one is my Sentinel with blue gear. That little Sentinel is 10 times more fun and 10 times more overpowered than the Commando. Interrupts, stuns, gap closing, buffs to the whole Ops.

I think you have no idea what you are talking about and that Sentinels is the only character you have. You are wrong, so very very wrong. You can't kill a good Sentinel, especially not 1 vs 1.

Sentinels don't get stuns, lie more bro

you guys want tips on how to kill us? its really not that hard.

1 when we use the "godly" master strike push back us before we get the last hit of atleast.

2. stun us when we get to 20% health or lwoer so we cant use that 99% def buff

its really not that hard. think on how to kill something and just dont scream nerf.

now maybe some of u badies wont qq as much