Official Q&A Thread for April 27th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Are there any plans to outline what the benefits of crafting are going to be for the crafters?

I believe it's been mentioned as the intent that there should be at least end-game benefits for leveling up the various crafting skills but so far it's unclear what those benefits are.

Biochem still has the reusable consumables, Cybertech the grenades (for what they're worth) but when cutting back on BoP items (which is a good thing in the general sense) crafting itself still comes across as lackluster.

I'd expect novelty items (Cybertech Droid pets, unique-color Artifice crystals and so on) as well as purely statistical advantages (BiS earpieces for Cybertech, BiS wrists/waists for Armormech/Armstech and so on) but there's really little information about your intent here.

Also, if I may be so bold, I'd like to suggest not limiting any crafting-skill perks purely to the endgame. As of right now it's far easier to power-level your way to 50 with three gathering skills and then power-level the crafting skill of your choice.

If the crafting benefits were tiered (like a BiS earpiece at level 12/20/28/36/44/50 for Cybertech for example) you'd actively encourage players to keep a crafting skill up to par while leveling.

Thanks for the word.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can developers make Numeric pad enter bindable key so that we can use it? Also make NumLock key and rest of the numeric pad to work like it worked in SWG. Those keys only had one function so when you played it was no difference if Num Lock was on or off.

Can this be done?

Please lot of PvPers are playing on numeric pad but due to those restrictions we have trouble playing.

Thank you

If we are mounted on a vehicle when interacting with a Taxi droid, is there any chance that we can remain within our own vehicle while travelling along the taxi path, effectively allowing us to use our own vehicles as a taxi?

Not only would this remove the needless dismount/mount taxi/dismount/mount vehicle, it also adds worth to our own vehicles.

I was hoping you could share you thoughts on where you currently see class balance, primarily in regards to PVE (feel free to go into PVP as well). It seems most people running combat logs between players are seeing a significant difference in sustained DPS between classes with Sentinels at the top and usually commandos at the bottom. Yet in one of Georg's post confirmed that commando/merc still falls with targets after the most recent nerf to their damage.

What are you currently using as targets for both PVE, and PVP? Also do you consider it acceptable that people are often seeing a 20% to 30% difference in sustained DPS between DPS classes?

Any chance lockouts in ops can be changed so you're just locked out from loot rolls but not locked out from entering?

It would really be useful to guilds that are not divisible by 8, or have more than 8 geared for a new instance but less than 16. Please look into applying this as many other mmos do.

When or how fare are you in fixing the bugged coding/engine so more subscribers can play the game without those annoying long loading screens, rendering and occasionally disconnects caused by this?

When or how fare are you in fixing the bugged coding/engine so more subscribers can play the game without those annoying long loading screens, rendering and occasionally disconnects caused by this?

Same question, especially since people with high end computers are expercieng these issues.

specs:

I5-2500k 3.3-3.7ghz 4 core

Asus ROG z-68 motherboard

16gb DDR3 Kingston ram

XFX ATI 6950 1gb

The vendors inside of a warzone are no longer able to be accessed., yes i know this was implemented on 1.2 but why.

Why have those vendors been locked out from use, they are still in the warzone and if i am questing on other planets and get close to the limit of commendations or run low on consumables i have to go back to the fleet station to get them again.

Edited by Brules

Is there an ETA for either cross-server warzone q's, or a server merges?

<----- Unable to get a 50 q pop to save my life, and I'm a sitting duck in open world pvp to any players that have been able to get the WZ comms from before my server went on life support.

Still love the game though.

Many players who wanted to test 1.2 content on the PTS were unable to because of the inability to easily access endgame content on the PTS. Are there any plans to make PTS much more accessible so that players will be able to test out the new content when 1.3 hits PTS?

I absolutely love the direction Bioware is heading with their UI and opening combat metrics parsing. Would Bioware open up further and allow for LUA add-ons / mods in the future? Raid alerts, in-game combat logs, raid calendars, and threat warning mods are something many devoted fans in the community would be eager to share with each other. Thank you.

Is there any chance the credit cost of removing barrels, hilts, armouring, mods, enhancements and augments can be removed? With the introduction of augmented customizable gear this is now my biggest credit sink by far, and as a result I haven't been able to afford a single legacy unlock.