Remove the rakghoul plague now

It's all over today. You guys can move on to a different 1%'er soapbox tomorrow.

I hope so; will be good to proceed onward with my Alts. And it will be good not to jump a little when the green haze coming over my shoulder turns out to be my Companion struggling with the normal effects (ie; poison, I believe).

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so; will be good to proceed onward with my Alts. And it will be good not to jump a little when the green haze coming over my shoulder turns out to be my Companion struggling with the normal effects (ie; poison, I believe).

Same here. What a silly event this was. IMO of course.

I am disabled and hoimebound, so I really do not get out enough to infect others as I should. And I try to limit my complaints to matters of great concern, such as Griefing in RL or gaming.

Your concern is appreciated!

Elhanan, your obsession with what you perceieve as griefing in this event is unfounded.

I almost feel bad that you've wasted a whole week debating your feelings here on an issue that's simply a random game mechanic for a world event.

You make out the majority of the population on your server to be very vindictive and malicious with their intent to infect you... and I think you know they really are not.

With an effect like being able to explode every half hour or so RANDOMLY it's not the type of thing you can easily force upon another. If there really are people trying to do so.. there's a reason for it.

The regular player that makes an effort to avoid it and doesn't bring attention to themselves, will find it fairly easy to not become infected.

I don't see a negative to being infected, I think it's cool. But to spew stories that people on your server are pretty much out to get ya... I'm not buying it.

In the last 8 days, since the event started, I've leveled a Gunslinger from 1 - 16, a Shadow from 1 - 13, a Sentinel from 1- 11 and I've gained 3 levels on my level 39 Vanguard. The ONLY toon that was infected during this time was my Vanguard and that was only when he wanted to be infected. And all of the characters visited the fleet to get their ACs and also crew skills before heading to Coruscant (I even ran Esseles with the Shadow).

The event was not a big deal, at all. You guys are blowing (up...lol) the infection mechanic way out of proportion. It was not that easy to be infected and there wasn't someone hiding around every corner waiting to jump out and grief you. I also play on Jedi Covenant, which averaged 180-200 people on fleet most of the week.

Edited by Galbatorrix

It's a temporary world event, not a permanent game addition.
So? There's still no believable attempt at quarantining the fleet...

Other than that, this entire event can be toggled off with a 6 hour stim.
That doesn't stop it from being griefing.

No one is forcing anyone to spend credits.
If you're standing at the fleet pass zone in, then you're forcing people to either spend credits or get infected even if they don't want to. Same thing if you're standing at the pvp terminals.

Again, with unrated warzones - you don't need stims in PvP warzones. Most are dying far before they explode naturally.
I don't have a problem staying alive long enough for the plague to be a performance hit. So I did need stims in pvp.

I'm no special snowflake. I guarantee there is a plethora of players that are more wealthy than I am.
What does wealth have to do with the fact that losing pvp matches, even unrated ones, isn't insignificant to some people?

Compared to other world events that I have experienced in other MMOs, <snip>
This doesn't have anything to do with the text you quoted above it.

the objective truth remains: Losing unranked pvp matches matter to some people; the fact that it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean losing one is insignificant to someone else. It just means that it's insignificant to you.

going off on a tangent doesn't make that any less true.

Then it sounds like you don't need immunity stims either.
Sure you do... the immunity stims prevent a condition that is detrimental to your performance in the warzone. The ship does nothing for your performance in the warzone, positive or negative.

Personal choice. Much like you deciding you don't even need your ship.
Which is why your stance of *if you don't go get your ship at 10 instead of pvping you're doing it rong* is so absurd. You're asserting that your personal choice is the right way to do it and their personal choice is wrong. Edited by ferroz

I've only done part of it to date, and I'm not impressed.. I find it more of a nuisance then anything.. I wish they would of spend resources on something more dynamic then playing plague tag like little kiddies at recess.. Neener, you're it!!

Elhanan, your obsession with what you perceieve as griefing in this event is unfounded.

I almost feel bad that you've wasted a whole week debating your feelings here on an issue that's simply a random game mechanic for a world event.

You make out the majority of the population on your server to be very vindictive and malicious with their intent to infect you... and I think you know they really are not.

With an effect like being able to explode every half hour or so RANDOMLY it's not the type of thing you can easily force upon another. If there really are people trying to do so.. there's a reason for it.

The regular player that makes an effort to avoid it and doesn't bring attention to themselves, will find it fairly easy to not become infected.

I don't see a negative to being infected, I think it's cool. But to spew stories that people on your server are pretty much out to get ya... I'm not buying it.

I do not believe the majority are Griefing; believe they are playing events on planets well away from me. That said, there are those hanging out in Shuttle Bays, the marketplace, Med Centers, etc waiting for their next victims to arrrive.

So I choose to play Ship Combat, and level up my starting Alts instead. Now they both have their ships, and are relatively safe until the Event is concluded.

Events are cool; Griefing is not.

So? There's still no believable attempt at quarantining the fleet...

Yes there is. If you are infected/feverish - you will be attacked when entering/leaving your ship on the Fleet.

That doesn't stop it from being griefing.

It's not griefing when there is a daily quest to infect 10 people.

If Bioware removed the daily quest to infect 10 people, then you would have a case at claiming someone willingly exploding near another player is griefing them.

If you're standing at the fleet pass zone in, then you're forcing people to either spend credits or get infected even if they don't want to. Same thing if you're standing at the pvp terminals.

World event is a world event.

If there was truly any detrimental effect to getting sick with the plague (like deleveling or gear damage on death), I'd be in your corner, clamouring for an opt-out. There is none, aside from 2 or 3 puke sessions and finally a exploding death in which you are GIVEN currency freely.

I don't have a problem staying alive long enough for the plague to be a performance hit. So I did need stims in pvp.

Still not convincing me that a 2 second stun that happens once or twice over the course of a 20 minute infection is going to alter the course of any warzone. Both teams are subjected to the same randomness of the same infection - the overall effect to both sides are going to be relatively the same. Where you may get sick and have a capture get interrupted, the same thing will inevitably happen to the other side too. Maybe not in this match, but in a future match.

What does wealth have to do with the fact that losing pvp matches, even unrated ones, isn't insignificant to some people?

Relax man. If you get this worked up on an unrated warzone match - how soon until you rage completely out of video gaming at all?

This doesn't have anything to do with the text you quoted above it.

the objective truth remains: Losing unranked pvp matches matter to some people; the fact that it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean losing one is insignificant to someone else. It just means that it's insignificant to you.

going off on a tangent doesn't make that any less true.

Sure you do... the immunity stims prevent a condition that is detrimental to your performance in the warzone. The ship does nothing for your performance in the warzone, positive or negative.

You are blatantly over-exaggerating the random 2 second puke session stun revolving around getting infected.

Which is why your stance of *if you don't go get your ship at 10 instead of pvping you're doing it rong* is so absurd. You're asserting that your personal choice is the right way to do it and their personal choice is wrong.

What is absurd to me is how someone would be content leveling from 10 to 50 in the same 3 to 4 maps doing the same warzone over and over when that is all you'll have to do at level 50 too.

To each their own - I'm sure you are just employing a significant amount of hyperbole in this thread.

In the last 8 days, since the event started, I've leveled a Gunslinger from 1 - 16, a Shadow from 1 - 13, a Sentinel from 1- 11 and I've gained 3 levels on my level 39 Vanguard. The ONLY toon that was infected during this time was my Vanguard and that was only when he wanted to be infected. And all of the characters visited the fleet to get their ACs and also crew skills before heading to Coruscant (I even ran Esseles with the Shadow).

The event was not a big deal, at all. You guys are blowing (up...lol) the infection mechanic way out of proportion. It was not that easy to be infected and there wasn't someone hiding around every corner waiting to jump out and grief you. I also play on Jedi Covenant, which averaged 180-200 people on fleet most of the week.

Well done! I have lvl both my Alts to 17th-18th, and have obtained ships for safety. During the past week, I was infected once; approached by at least three others that intended to infect me, and failed.

But all that was with the first Alt; the Trooper origin planet is isolated thankfully; not a drop of vaccine on the islands. I mailed him some from my Main before he left for the Fleet.

The Event was not a big deal; the chamge in play was not a major pproblem as there is a lot of content. But Griefing is and will always be a large concern for me, as it is not that removed from bullying. IMO.

Edited by Elhanan

So I re-rolled onto a higher pop server a few days ago, and I bounced onto the fleet last night.

There were so many more toons on compared to my other server. I was like "oh noes I'm going to get infected endofworld."

Guess what? Didn't happen. Unless you guys are running up into the pit trying to access your cargo hold, no sympathy from me. I was at the GTN, nobody blew up on me (which BTW, you can only have like...2 windows open at a time, and they leave enough room for you to tell if someone comes near you/is infected, so I don't buy this "I can't see anything" nonsense). I was at the crew skill trainer, nobody blew up on me. I was at the commendation spendy areas, nobody blew up on me. I finished my business on the fleet and jumped a shuttle to Coruscant.

I call shenanigans. To the extreme.

Avoiding the plague is like crossing the street. Stop, look, and listen.

So I re-rolled onto a higher pop server a few days ago, and I bounced onto the fleet last night.

There were so many more toons on compared to my other server. I was like "oh noes I'm going to get infected endofworld."

Guess what? Didn't happen. Unless you guys are running up into the pit trying to access your cargo hold, no sympathy from me. I was at the GTN, nobody blew up on me (which BTW, you can only have like...2 windows open at a time, and they leave enough room for you to tell if someone comes near you/is infected, so I don't buy this "I can't see anything" nonsense). I was at the crew skill trainer, nobody blew up on me. I was at the commendation spendy areas, nobody blew up on me. I finished my business on the fleet and jumped a shuttle to Coruscant.

I call shenanigans. To the extreme.

Avoiding the plague is like crossing the street. Stop, look, and listen.

Or perhaps, some do not play on your server?

:D

Well done! I have lvl both my Alts to 17th-18th, and have obtained ships for safety. During the past week, I was infected once; approached by at least three others that intended to infect me, and failed.

But all that was with the first Alt; the Trooper origin planet is isolated thankfully; not a drop of vaccine on the islands. I mailed him some from my Main before he left for the Fleet.

The Event was not a big deal; the chamge in play was not a major pproblem as there is a lot of content. But Griefing is and will always be a large concern for me, as it is not that removed from bullying. IMO.

So, if I'm infected, I'm on fleet and I go to the GTN to look for some armor, I'm griefing if I explode and infect someone near by?

Or perhaps, some do not play on your server?

:D

C'mon, I re-rolled on the 3rd highest pop server out in the US...And the forums (I've been told) make up only a portion of the community (something like 10-15%). That if anything should multiply the possibility of gettin sploded on.:p

Edited by tehsaturn

So, if I'm infected, I'm on fleet and I go to the GTN to look for some armor, I'm griefing if I explode and infect someone near by?

In my opinion, the Fleet should have remained Off Limits, as well as any Med Stations and starting planets.

C'mon, I re-rolled on the 3rd highest pop server out in the US...And the forums (I've been told) make up only a portion of the community (something like 10-15%). That if anything should multiply the possibility of gettin sploded on.:p

Congrats! Maybe my Alt that encountered at least four drew them off you.... :D

Griefing should be Reported and banned from the game.

So you are saying that you only encountered someone with the plague a total of 3 times and of those 3 times, you were only infected once.

I know from debating with you over the last week that you had to have invested at least 20 hours of effort reading/responding to posts in this thread - had you invested that amount of effort in playing the actual game - you could have profited to the point where you would have had at least 500k credits from this event. Please note that this is a conservative number and the actual amount of money accrued from selling DNA over the course of 20 hours is probably much higher.

All that said, you could have easily ignored the plague completely and had one of your characters leveled to the capacity to where earning a meager 2k credits to buy a stim is a 5 minute activity. Not to mention the fact that you get at least 5 stims a day for doing the Tatooine dailies, which take a total of about 45 minutes to do, start to finish.

After weighing all of the "facts" that you have presented about yourself and your stance regarding this event - I have only one conclusion to describe your participation in this multi-part thread. I'm going to stop here before I get myself in trouble, again.

I will say that your endless labeling of "griefers" in this thread has become exactly what you claim to hate.

Edited by Raeln

So you are saying that you only encountered someone with the plague a total of 3 times and of those 3 times, you were only infected once.

I know from debating with you over the last week that you had to have invested at least 20 hours of effort reading/responding to posts in this thread - had you invested that amount of effort in playing the actual game - you could have profited to the point where you would have had at least 500k credits from this event. Please note that this is a conservative number and the actual amount of money accrued from selling DNA over the course of 20 hours is probably much higher.

All that said, you could have easily ignored the plague completely and had one of your characters leveled to the capacity to where earning a meager 2k credits to buy a stim is a 5 minute activity. Not to mention the fact that you get at least 5 stims a day for doing the Tatooine dailies, which take a total of about 45 minutes to do, start to finish.

After weighing all of the "facts" that you have presented about yourself and your stance regarding this event - I have only one conclusion to describe your participation in this multi-part thread. I'm going to stop here before I get myself in trouble, again.

I will say that your endless labeling of "griefers" in this thread has become exactly what you claim to hate.

Nope; at least 4 encounters, and infected once. That happened on the first night before reports of the infection and Griefing started to appear. You welcome, BTW.... ;)

And personally, I do not care about the Event credits; same as Social Commendations to me. I seek neither by choice, and have no interest in them other than the overall effect for the game (eg; is Grey gear coming next?).

Maybe the next Event will not remind me of Lifeforce or Event Horizon; two films I loathe. I will ne happy to join those other storylines if they appeal to me. But Griefing needs to go, and the sooner; the better.

If there's no danger, then there's no world event.

There would still be danger, as the infection would exist on every other world except for the four. Protecting them from being infected at all would have been a more viable story for myself, but whatever.

If there's no danger, then there's no world event.

^ This

I always find MMO world events (when done well, as this one was) add to the RP experience. You can easily avoid getting infected if you so choose. Personally, I found the extra credits for selling DNA samples a bonus for my newly re-rolled Assassin. If you don't want to get infected, stay away from green smoking people. ;)

Moal

^ This

I always find MMO world events (when done well, as this one was) add to the RP experience. You can easily avoid getting infected if you so choose. Personally, I found the extra credits for selling DNA samples a bonus for my newly re-rolled Assassin. If you don't want to get infected, stay away from green smoking people. ;)

Moal

Does that include the Cantina dancers? :D

Personally, I did just that; remained away from crowds and signs of the Plague as much as possible.

Nope; at least 4 encounters, and infected once. That happened on the first night before reports of the infection and Griefing started to appear. You welcome, BTW.... ;)

I exploded at least 6 times yesterday, I think.

And personally, I do not care about the Event credits; same as Social Commendations to me. I seek neither by choice, and have no interest in them other than the overall effect for the game (eg; is Grey gear coming next?).

Grey gear for what? Run a few operations or do a little bit of PvP and all the Light/Dark V gear offerings become moot.

Maybe the next Event will not remind me of Lifeforce or Event Horizon; two films I loathe. I will ne happy to join those other storylines if they appeal to me. But Griefing needs to go, and the sooner; the better.

At this point, your definition of griefing is so bloated that you would probably include someone doing an /emote at you without your permission as "griefing".

There would still be danger, as the infection would exist on every other world except for the four. Protecting them from being infected at all would have been a more viable story for myself, but whatever.

I would protect at least 17 people from the plague right now, that is how many stims I have on me.

The problem is, no one is asking for them.

For an event that is so grevious to everyone, no one seems to want protected from it. Rather, most seem to not be able to run fast enough to get infected.

/boggle

Edited by Raeln

I exploded at least 6 times yesterday, I think.

Grey gear for what? Run a few operations or do a little bit of PvP and all the Light/Dark V gear offerings become moot.

At this point, your definition of griefing is so bloated that you would probably include someone doing an /emote at you without your permission as "griefing".

Sounds messy....

Grey gear for my choices to follow the path of Revan, and to avoid the sim look as others. No OP's or WZ for me; solo Flashpoints only thus far, and by then the gear is too underpowered to help. But did play some good stories.

My definition is fairly simple IMO, and evidently is close to those once seen on the Wiki. And if that emote has a negative effect on the character (eg; Death), then it could be Griefing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.