The Weekly of 1.2 is WORTHLESS!

Dirtmagurtt

How much sense does it make to give a weekly that yields just as many commendations as the daily does?

I for one, used to look forward to Tuesdays (prior 1.2) because I was going to get to do my weeklies all over again and have a chance of getting additional BM commendations. I feel there def needs to be a change in this, the weekly should give at least the equivalent of 5 days of dailies.

Am I alone on this?

I for one, used to look forward to Tuesdays (prior 1.2) because I was going to get to do my weeklies all over again and have a chance of getting additional BM commendations.

Am I alone on this?

No. I agree with you. The faux weekly we have is of absolutely no interest to me. Like you, I used to really look forward to Tuesday and the PvP I KNEW we'd have on Ilum. Now...it's just more freaking warzones...

The Technicalities of the it being worthless are irrelevant....

I know I'm not the only one who looked forward to being able to do their weeklies again for the soul purpose of them yielding much more than the dailies do. My issue here is why make a weekly that gives the same amount as a daily, BUT takes longer to complete. If its going to be 9 wins vs 3 wins, it should give the equivalent of 3 dailies. I don't believe math would disagree.

i just want the daily to play 10 matches brought back... when i had a quest to "play 10" and a quest to "win 3" it was a lot less upsetting going on 5 game losing streaks with awful pug teams vs premades because at least i was progressing towards something, and i always got my 3 wins before playing 10 matches, so then i would just play a few more matches just for fun without getting upset if i lost. now i just get really mad whenever i lose cause i just want to get my 3 wins and go do something else.

I think part of the problem is that most of us remember the previous weekly reward. We did 3 times the work as compared to the daily and got 3 times the reward. Post 1.2 patch we do 3 times the work as compared to the daily and get the same reward. When compared to the previous reward this is a vast downgrade.

Many feel that since you do the weekly at the same time as the daily that it is "something for nothing" and thus no one should complain about the decrease. While I know that many of us would complain about the decrease no matter what, I think many of would be more willing to accept it, if we knew the reasons for the decrease. This appears to be a "we want to slow you down and make you grind longer so you keep paying us for longer" move and nothing more.

With the recent changes in PVP rewards, let's look at the Daily and Weekly Quests for PVP (and if I'm wrong I'm sure people will point it out).

Rewards seems to be pretty similar regardless if one wins or loses (assuming the same number of medals are acquired). Let's assume that an average person can get 8 medals per match. That would be around let's say 80 medals. In order to finish the daily, 3 matches need to be won. I think it rare that the average player can win 3 matches in a row (240 coms) so lets go with 2 losses and 3 wins (400 coms). At this point the rewards from the Daily quest look pretty good.

Now let's assume that one spreads the Weekly quest over 3 days doing the 3 dailys at the same time. Sure some of us love to run marathon PVP sessions, heck some of us only do PVP. But let's assume that we are trying to do other things like FPs or OPs or whatever. Now if we go with the same senario, 2 losses and 3 wins over 3 days that would be 1200 coms from playing the actual WZ themselves and 300 (yes I'm rounding up so the numbers are neater) coms from the Dailys. That would be 1500 coms. The weekly adds 100.

Does that look pathetic to anyone else?

Less than 10%. Wow I did all that work to win 9 WZ matches over serveral days, and I got.... this.... underwhelming would pretty much summarize my feelings.

If you compare just the bonuses then 300 to 100, that looks better. Except that our pre-1.2 patch memories rear their ugly heads and we think 3 to 1 or 3 to 3... which would I prefer? Hmm let me think...

Sure all the trollfans scream "Bioware doesn't have to give you anything! Shut up and be grateful!" Well I think it would have been smarter to remove the weekly quest instead of nerfing the reward. Then it would have been nothing for nothing. No quest gives no reward. Instead we have a quest with exactly the same requirements as before but 1/3rd the reward. If this were a job (which it obviously isn't but the work/reward analogy holds I think) and I paid you a bonus if you did extra work over the course of the week but later said "Hey how about I give you one third the bonus instead?" I think "angry" would only begin to describe your feelings.

I think part of the problem is that most of us remember the previous weekly reward. We did 3 times the work as compared to the daily and got 3 times the reward. Post 1.2 patch we do 3 times the work as compared to the daily and get the same reward. When compared to the previous reward this is a vast downgrade.

Weeklies only gave 3x the reward if you weren't battlemaster. If you were, weekly and daily was the same.

Like I said before. The weekly is easier to do, so if anything we should get less reward for it.

There's nothing wrong with the weekly. You get commendations. If you were to get more commendations, it would make it to easy to get War hero gear. Once you get your war hero gear you will come back and make a thread saying that PVP is not fun and there's not point of playing. <- Can't please some people.

Getting commendations is going to take time. Let's just all try to complain less and have fun.

Oh well it's free stuff. And it's a remnant of an older system.

If they gave us monthly PvP quests that also just give the reward of a daily I'd still pick it up, but I agree the design is poor.

You can't expect all systems to be designed intelligently. They'll get to it eventually and either remove it or make it give rewards proportional to the effort invested.

i just want the daily to play 10 matches brought back... when i had a quest to "play 10" and a quest to "win 3" it was a lot less upsetting going on 5 game losing streaks with awful pug teams vs premades because at least i was progressing towards something, and i always got my 3 wins before playing 10 matches, so then i would just play a few more matches just for fun without getting upset if i lost. now i just get really mad whenever i lose cause i just want to get my 3 wins and go do something else.

This was the only post worth reading in the thread so far

I agree... I think it is a little lame for it to be the same amount as the dailies.

You have to do absolutely NOTHING extra to accomplish it, you do the daily 3 times (getting the benefits for doing so) and voila! the weekly is done, why should it give more?

Now, if it involved extra steps, say, win 15, play 50, earn 150 medals, etc. that would be a whole other story.

It's just an extra incentive to do 3 daily missions in a 7 day week (and on day 3 it's as if you did 2 daily missions, woot!)