50 active auctions on AH limit are you kidding me?

Oriox

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would you do this? I need to make space you are killing me Biofail. Please God change this.

Stop trolling the forums in different threads.

Kthnxbye

EDIT: When you manage to actually put up 50 different things that people might actually want, give me a heads up. MMO noobs ftw.

Edited by freakyinmate

The devs have gone on record saying they are emulating WoW, and I am selling greens, blues, schematics, crafting materials at 1 per stack. Not a chance in hell you promote any sort of economy with this restrictions.

Why even bother AHing greens when they are so common. Personally I wouldn't bother AHing blues half the time, just offer them to guild or save them for an alt, and that includes crafted items IMO.

Can't say I'd care if they raised the limit or not. Odds are I won't even touch the GTN except maybe to see if I can afford some lvl 50 high end gear. Everything else, I'd rather go to the trouble of collecting it myself. The game already seems on the linear side to begin with, I need some reason to go back to places aside from missions that just double-back on themselves...

50 is a bit low for people who sells lots of stuff. 200 would be more fair.

But "unlimited" just encourages the idiots who put up "stack of one" auctions which clutter up the auction house in WoW for 20 pages, before getting to the bigger stacks. Which in itself is a form of trying to domineer the AH by simple attrition, so I am happy that this is made difficult by BioWare.

50 is ok. LOTRO has 30 limit and I need 2 bank toons but I can live with 50.

Yup - it's 50 per character. I will make 2 or 3 bank toons on each server.

I make my credits/gold etc by playing the market. It's a MASSIVE part of the fun for me.

Record is around 300 auctions on at once, (sold all my cloth just before they nerfed cloth hand in rep building in WoW - 300 stacks of mageweave - made about 4,500 gold in about 2 hours)

Having said that it's rare for me to go over 100 - so a couple of bank toons will do me fine.

Also - with 2 or 3 accounts on the go (once things have settled) it should be pretty simple to play the market. Not as good as EvE...but pretty good all the same.

Yeah... I can imagine wanting that many items on the GTN when I've reached end-game and have maxed my crafting. In rift I'd put multiple stacks of runes on the AH at once (one at a time so people would actually buy them) so that I wouldn't have to worry about it for a couple days. I probably had at least 75 items or so on there at once, which wasn't near the amount that some others put on there.

Credit Farmer much?

Yeah..So?

Didn't do RMT - just loved playing the markets. It's part of the game.

What's the issue with that?

I have a toon on Anachronos (EU) with 730,000 gold even now.

MInd you - If I actually actively played WoW these days, that sort of money would be barely a weeks hard trading. INflation in that game has gone mega stupid.

Greys farmed from end level instances are going for almost 100 gold these days. A quick instance run and the once cherished "Epic Flying Training" is yours in about an hour.

WoW really has gone to wrack and ruin.

Scritty

Credit Farmer much?

Um no. You don;t seem to understand that a strong economy is vital to the success of an MMO. You do this by giving players the ability to make that happen. A clunky broken GTN that is inferior to WoWs AH 7 YEARS AGO is not doing that.

Um no. You don;t seem to understand that a strong economy is vital to the success of an MMO. You do this by giving players the ability to make that happen. A clunky broken GTN that is inferior to WoWs AH 7 YEARS AGO is not doing that.

Except that the economy here is different than it is in WoW. Use your 50 auction limit wisely. Make times shorter, sell for lower than you would like until you build up the market. If you are truly concerned about a strong server economy, you will adapt. If you're only concerned with your personal wealth, well, we get threads like these.

Please, go back to WoW then. I for one do not want this game to be any more like WoW.

Even if it makes things better?

Its not good to hate something so much that it blinds you to positive improvements.

The attitude of "WoW had it therefore it sucks and should never be allowed here" is pretty closed minded and frankly, a bit ridiculous.

People putting 100 stacks of 1 on auction are what this limits. Thank god for it, I say. Maybe don't take it to such an extreme and you won't have a problem.

Why is that a bad thing? You as a buyer only want small amount most of the time, and the people who craft and maintain their auctions give you that option. The alternative is that you are forced to buy in bulk when you dont want to.