BH Merc Arsenal PVP

dlovin

FIX US NOW! We are the useless in pvp. Our Heatseeker Missle is worse then it was in *********** pre 1.2. Why the hell would you nerf us like this? We are broke and our mechanics dont even work...

yeah, they totally broke us.

and i dont know why? yeah we had to tracer spam, but they programmed us that way.

have to get 5 stacks to get the full potential of heatseaker, rail and our shield buff.

now we are pretty useless. ill give them a couple of days to see the error they made, if they dont fix it, they lose my money.

Well this will be repaired soon enough i guess, but this class needs a serious review in general we should either be the very best ranged dps class bar no-one other than sniper/gunslinger or we should get some usfull ability to be able to compete with sorcs/sages and I am talking about being useful for the entire group in a wz since that is all this game offers us with 0 world pvp.

And also the fact that we have no defense/escape skills like spint/stealth/imunities other than a crap -25 reduction shield with long cd .

Our heavy armour dosent even seem to mean **** we are as squishy as a hell onces focused bb.

Due to the complete lack of usefull group skills like sorc has freindly pull and can apply shields for instance

My point and concern is.... how useful in a group is a dps merc going to be in rated warzones?? will a group leader choose a merc over a sorc or a sniper? Not a smart one.At least a sniper can camp out and not be charged by worriors and be an actaul useful benifit in hutball for instance and sorc.... well any group that wants to win will grab as many as they can lol.

Snipers do better single target damage,can stun an enrire group for 8 seconds and can camp in safty from charging worriors.

Sorcs have got 3 usefull abilitys Sprint/friendly pull/apply shield to others AND do way way better aoe damage.

Just what the bloodyhell use is a dps merc to anyone?? stealthscan? ppfft only good merc in rated will be a healer merc.

My take on it is change sweeping blasters for a new more viable aoe damage attack and give us a sprint or smt ,, teleport lol anything and give us it before rated or dps mercs will phase out to nothing but an old story sorcs tell to thier little rakling pets at a camp fire :p

Well this will be repaired soon enough i guess, but this class needs a serious review in general we should either be the very best ranged dps class bar no-one other than sniper/gunslinger or we should get some usfull ability to be able to compete with sorcs/sages and I am talking about being useful for the entire group in a wz since that is all this game offers us with 0 world pvp.

And also the fact that we have no defense/escape skills like spint/stealth/imunities other than a crap -25 reduction shield with long cd .

Our heavy armour dosent even seem to mean **** we are as squishy as a hell onces focused bb.

Due to the complete lack of usefull group skills like sorc has freindly pull and can apply shields for instance

My point and concern is.... how useful in a group is a dps merc going to be in rated warzones?? will a group leader choose a merc over a sorc or a sniper? Not a smart one.At least a sniper can camp out and not be charged by worriors and be an actaul useful benifit in hutball for instance and sorc.... well any group that wants to win will grab as many as they can lol.

Snipers do better single target damage,can stun an enrire group for 8 seconds and can camp in safty from charging worriors.

Sorcs have got 3 usefull abilitys Sprint/friendly pull/apply shield to others AND do way way better aoe damage.

Just what the bloodyhell use is a dps merc to anyone?? stealthscan? ppfft only good merc in rated will be a healer merc.

My take on it is change sweeping blasters for a new more viable aoe damage attack and give us a sprint or smt ,, teleport lol anything and give us it before rated or dps mercs will phase out to nothing but an old story sorcs tell to thier little rakling pets at a camp fire :p

Even with all those pvp issues you missed the most important one and the main reason mercs will not be on many rated pvp teams. Every other AC in the game has an interupt. Why do mercs not have one? It makes absolutely no sense. And with the design of new ops/flashpoints it's even becoming a liability in pve as well.

Even with all those pvp issues you missed the most important one and the main reason mercs will not be on many rated pvp teams. Every other AC in the game has an interupt. Why do mercs not have one? It makes absolutely no sense. And with the design of new ops/flashpoints it's even becoming a liability in pve as well.

Don't forget Mercs are the only class without an ability that specifically snares/roots. CGS-Sweltering Heat is not very reliable and Jet Boost has a snare, but isn't an ability -designed- for the sole purpose of kiting.

Really, guys? It's not that bad. I'm still in the top three of my WZ team's damage every time, and I'm still half in Centurion. Alderaan is the worst for us, since we're always assaulting uphill with insufficient cover, but our knockbacks are killer in Huttball, and a reasonably good Voidstar match is an opportunity for heinous amounts of nuking.

And I'm not even that good.

Adjust your rotation to include more unloads and varieties of missile, and play like the glass cannons we are. Stand back; let someone else get in the enemy's face and earn their ire while you help that person burn their enemy down. Focus fire. Stay on the scaffolding in Huttball, and knock off anyone that comes to play with you or the ball carrier. (Please don't be the ball carrier.) Use your vantage point to find the healer and put pressure on them. Put up your shield and heal-over-time as soon as someone starts focusing you.

I admit I'm having a little more trouble with heat than I used to, but everyone's class was jiggered somewhat, not just ours. It all shakes out to being pretty okay. You're going to get steamrolled sometimes, with gear and organizational discrepancies, but that happens to everyone. In a relatively even team match, you can shine.

Really, guys? It's not that bad. I'm still in the top three of my WZ team's damage every time, and I'm still half in Centurion. Alderaan is the worst for us, since we're always assaulting uphill with insufficient cover, but our knockbacks are killer in Huttball, and a reasonably good Voidstar match is an opportunity for heinous amounts of nuking.

Adjust your rotation to include more unloads and varieties of missile, and play like the glass cannons we are. Stand back; let someone else get in the enemy's face and earn their ire while you help that person burn their enemy down. Focus fire. Stay on the scaffolding in Huttball, and knock off anyone that comes to play with you or the ball carrier. (Please don't be the ball carrier.) Use your vantage point to find the healer and put pressure on them. Put up your shield and heal-over-time as soon as someone starts focusing you.

I admit I'm having a little more trouble with heat than I used to, but everyone's class was jiggered somewhat, not just ours. It all shakes out to being pretty okay. You're going to get steamrolled sometimes, with gear and organizational discrepancies, but that happens to everyone. In a relatively even team match, you can shine.

I might be way off but it isnt (to me) about learning to cope, I can. I just built that character and enjoyed playing it the way it was. Doesnt look like I am the only one that feels that way.

I might be way off but it isnt (to me) about learning to cope, I can. I just built that character and enjoyed playing it the way it was. Doesnt look like I am the only one that feels that way.

Yeah, the issue isn't getting used to changes. We can and will (most of us at least). But there are reports of stacks of tracer NOT bumping HSM damage properly. That's something that's broken. This isn't QQ'ing by many, it's a concern that mechanics in 1.2.c (or whatever the hell patch just went out) screwed up the math behind how a 15-second top tier attack damage is calculated.

'Least that's my biggest concern.

I loved the playstyle right after 1.2. I think something got jiggered around just the other night though. I reported it as a bug. Hope you all will too.

I can understand that sentiment. It's just... I haven't noticed a huuuge difference. The biggest thing is heat buildup.

I guess it depends on what rotation or strategy a given merc was using prior to 1.2. I only had to make minor adjustments, it felt like. Still, such is MMO life. A nerf here, a buff there - if you don't catch it this time, you'll catch it the next go-'round.

I can understand that sentiment. It's just... I haven't noticed a huuuge difference. The biggest thing is heat buildup.

I guess it depends on what rotation or strategy a given merc was using prior to 1.2. I only had to make minor adjustments, it felt like. Still, such is MMO life. A nerf here, a buff there - if you don't catch it this time, you'll catch it the next go-'round.

You must have little to no gear then; 1.2, and its minor patches, have completely degraded our dps to a third of what it used to be, gear up and look closer...

Edited by tavrinDosa

Yeah, no way (not trying to be a jerk). The math and description the way HSM is supposed to be set up/ wrk and the way it's acting there is a definite miscalculation of processes that is not correct. Something is definitely a miss with this thing. POE_ is right that we should put in tickets for investigation... but even though i love arsenal, i'm done, here comes pyro,

Really, guys? It's not that bad. I'm still in the top three of my WZ team's damage every time, and I'm still half in Centurion. ...

if that is true, i definitely need professional help and i'm not shy to admit it. I hardly ever manage to get over 300k since the last patch (mind you, that is after the latest HS fix) and melees are constantly betweeen 300k and 400k (way further up in exceptional matches of course).

be so kind and whip together a video so we can learn how to play these days.

If you're arsenal in pvp, well yeah, you're a free kill once you're interupted. Respec to pyro and imo it's years ahead of arsenal in all categories. You have to constantly be on the move but your surviability vs most classes minus 1 is threw the roof. Use a proper rotation to manage heat where possible and there's no reason to not be #1 or top 3 every single match even vs double premades. Be prepared to have a lot more hot keys though, 20+ if you wanna be truely effective. Minus 1 or 2 abilities, you pretty much use everything given the situation at hand.

Apart from the heatseeker bug which they just introduced (and will probably hotfix soon), we're actually better since 1.2. The amount of crying in this place is unreal.

You are right ... except you are terribly WRONG.

There is every indication from in-game replies by devs that Heatseeker is working as intended, referring to the adjustment made in 1.20c to bring it and Dev Round into line with other DPS targets. Maybe you should read the threads before you ***** about people 'crying unnecessarily?'

I for one think the crying and whining is annoying too, but at least I'm following the info.

Edited by Poe_

Well, there is no other option for me but to switch to Pyro permanently now. The reduction in overall DPS is huge in the arsenal tree compared to 1.1 and I don't think it would even be better than pyro for PvE DPS anymore. So pyro is king for PvP and on equal footing for PvE DPS with arsenal now. No point playing as arsenal if you like to PvP anymore AT ALL!

Mercenaries are so powerfull now that we are left alone until they have killed the rest LOL

Im in 6 pieces war hero and rest BM and im struggling...

Mercenaries are so powerfull now that we are left alone until they have killed the rest LOL

Im in 6 pieces war hero and rest BM and im struggling...

I would like you to prove you are wearing 6 pieces of war hero gear in the current gear grind environment of 1.2. It would actually be impossible. Crit-crafted and filled with BM mods, sure.