The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CC Locks - resolve bar is working as should be?

Eommer

As a sniper I really dont see how a Jugg can complain about anything. I agree that TTK is a little to short now but if you think its no fun as a Jugg try playing a class that doesnt have HP or mobility and see how fun that is.

Im not asking to nerf nobody. Still FYI, Jugg class with rage/vengeance spec its dps class with 0 survivable. with full bm i have like 15900-16100 depends if Im using a offhand shield or power. Im pretty sure that you have that hp too right? plus, to do something I need get close and against a sniper most of times I cant even charge.

anyway, if you think that any class should be able to kill any other class like you can see in the video above, well, i have nothing to say to you.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... in theory...

What happens in practice is the resolve bar slowly fills up as your health bar drops to zero. It's a useless system. DR should have been implemented - might have saved some subs.

pretty much....100% agree.

Even with a full resolve bar it's not working, just today I got CC'd from full to dead in huttball, even with a full resolve bar, I know because I was spamming throw and I never once got it off, apparently some CC's will lock you even with resolve on, and some roots will affect you with resolve on, mainly seems to come from consulars/sorcs but it's hard to tell sometimes.

Even with a full resolve bar it's not working, just today I got CC'd from full to dead in huttball, even with a full resolve bar, I know because I was spamming throw and I never once got it off, apparently some CC's will lock you even with resolve on, and some roots will affect you with resolve on, mainly seems to come from consulars/sorcs but it's hard to tell sometimes.

I to have had more trouble with resolve since patch, stunned when it was full just like you.

And it feels like it drains quicker now.

Have had ppl stun me to full resolve and then while stunned it has drained so they can continue to stun me.

Edited by jolten

I got hours of vids but i din't find 1 single resolve not working as intended. To bad because i do think stun locks are game killers. There are simply to many CC, snare, root, knockbacks in this game. When i play as my marauder i feel like a ping pong ball.

... in theory...

What happens in practice is the resolve bar slowly fills up as your health bar drops to zero. It's a useless system. DR should have been implemented - might have saved some subs.

Sure thing it would. DR system would be a great counter to multiple CC effects we have in game now. Currently, with this bad resolve system, you can be taken out of fight for 18 seconds max (8sec mez+10 sec mez, unrealistic sistuation, it would be rather 16 sec). With this great DR system it would look like this (againt fairly organized opponents):

8 sec mez - 4 sec mez - 2 sec mez - 4 sec stun - 2 sec stun - 1 sec stun = 21 seconds out of fight in a row, during 7 of them you take damage.

Wow, this change would seriously decrease amount of time you spend CC!

Additionaly, since it is so easy to track diminishing returns for different abilities (you may go and check wow if you want), predicting how CC you are going to use will work and if it work at all will be so much fun - all that guessing and counting on luck, it would be great and add new strategic depth to the game!

Now, on the serious note:

You cant get stunned with white resolve bar. I have 35 page long thread when I ask for video of such situation - not a single one yet. You can remain stunned with white resolve, but it is how it works. Roots are not stuns and are not affected by resolve.

Cries on this forum when BW would implement DR will be louder than anything we had here before.

Just a question:

Im a full dps BM Jugg and some class are able to CC lock me to the dead or 10% of life. When I start try CC they just break every single one. E.g. smugglers and Agents does that alot. I have NO CHANCE to fight back. idk, I have a feeling that CCs are not right.

is the resolve bar working as should be? anyone else Is having problem with CC locks?

I have no problem to die, but die without even have a chance to fight back its pretty annoying.

the resolve bar is even more broken than it was before 1.2 lol

It's pretty sad we even use that wortd in this game... 'stun lock'.

I'm of the opinion that there should NEVER be a time a player can be killed while stunned the entire time. How many time have you been stun locked and went from 100% health to 0% while having NO control of your character? Pretty amateurish design.

NEVER should you lose all your health without being able to move or fight back. How to fix it besides lowering the amount of CC in this game?

Well, maybe modify the way resolve works... if you take 50% damage within one stun the stun breaks! Simple as that. Someone locks you at 100% and then people proceed to unload on you, once you drop to 50% health, stun breaks automatically and resolve lets you out. You can now defend yourself and not go behind the wall for 20 seconds and end up hating this game more and more.

50% too high? 40%. 30%. It makes little difference where the number is as long as there is NO such thing as 'stun lock' in our vocabulary.

Shadowbane used to have a system where you'd be immune to whatever was used on you for a certain length of time. So if you're stunned for 3 seconds you're immune for 15, snared for 9 seconds immune for 30, slept for 5 seconds immune for 20, etc.

I agree the amount of cc of all types is way too much. Resolve is a joke, most of the time you're dead by the time you get immunity and that immunity is gone by the time you rez and get back to the fight. That said, I don't think it will change unfortunately. This message has been shouted over and over since launch and nothing, not an acknowledgment nor explanation from the devs about this has been made. So I come to the conclusion that it is working as intended. Your only courses of action are to suck it up and learn to live with it and do your best to mitigate it however you can. Reroll to another class that has lots of cc talents, won't keep you from stun lock, but at least you can stun lock folks back which does ease some of the frustration. Or quit and play a different game. By now the devs have certainly heard the outcry, and after 4 months if they aren't going to even comment about it, they certainly aren't going to change it.

Sure thing it would. DR system would be a great counter to multiple CC effects we have in game now. Currently, with this bad resolve system, you can be taken out of fight for 18 seconds max (8sec mez+10 sec mez, unrealistic sistuation, it would be rather 16 sec). With this great DR system it would look like this (againt fairly organized opponents):

8 sec mez - 4 sec mez - 2 sec mez - 4 sec stun - 2 sec stun - 1 sec stun = 21 seconds out of fight in a row, during 7 of them you take damage.

Wow, this change would seriously decrease amount of time you spend CC!

Additionaly, since it is so easy to track diminishing returns for different abilities (you may go and check wow if you want), predicting how CC you are going to use will work and if it work at all will be so much fun - all that guessing and counting on luck, it would be great and add new strategic depth to the game!

Now, on the serious note:

You cant get stunned with white resolve bar. I have 35 page long thread when I ask for video of such situation - not a single one yet. You can remain stunned with white resolve, but it is how it works. Roots are not stuns and are not affected by resolve.

Cries on this forum when BW would implement DR will be louder than anything we had here before.

Thank you, Kaarsa.

I didn't feel like typing how terrible DR is compared to Resolve.

This message has been shouted over and over since launch and nothing, not an acknowledgment nor explanation from the devs about this has been made. So I come to the conclusion that it is working as intended.

It was commented by devs and it is working as intended - link is in my sig.

Edited by Kaarsa

A: We have two completely off the resolve system effects, those are immobilize and snare effects. The resolve system is designed as a visualized diminishing returns system so the idea is that you can actually see when people are able to be controlled, and that really is the design goal of it. The resolve system is designed to minimalize the amount of time you are stunned, put to sleep, and knocked back so it only provides immunity to knockback/sleep/stun.

AHHAHHAHAHAHA, oh wow, this explains it, immobilizes and snares and other effects might as well be stuns in certain situations, especially since they dont break on damage, especially since certain immobilizes can come with a stun-like effect, and stuns if they hit you and make your resolve bar full, still last the full duration, so yeah.

Resolve is useless, especially as a JK Guardian.

AHHAHHAHAHAHA, oh wow, this explains it, immobilizes and snares and other effects might as well be stuns in certain situations, especially since they dont break on damage, especially since certain immobilizes can come with a stun-like effect, and stuns if they hit you and make your resolve bar full, still last the full duration, so yeah.

Interestingly enough, Guardians and Juggernauts are one of the best classes for chain CC'ing people.

: )

Edited by Varicite

Sentinels maybe, not so much guardians/JKs, I mean tank spec gets an extra stun or two, but the DPS specs don't get fire and forget stuns.

Leap > Push > Leap > Choke?

Although I really was talking more about the tank spec. I'm not terribly familiar w/ the Jug DPS specs, other than being on the receiving end of Rage Jugs a few times before wising up.

Rage from jugs/guardians doesn't root you like sentinels, it's VERY easy to run out of range of.

Also the leap, push leap thing is bad, our push unlike consular/sorcs is on a full minute cooldown, affects a single target and builds their resolve, so if we use it then we can't use it in an important situation... such as knocking down ball carriers and such. I mean YEAH we have it, but it's not as quick, easy, or effective as other classes, also force push itself has a very short range, if someone manages to get out of range due to the immobile on leap failing, and slow you, you won't get in a push OR second leap for a good long while.

Many other classes also have faster CDing, more effective knockbacks, and stasis if you aren't a tank locks you into place for the 3 seconds if it isn't interrupted or broken by a knockback by someone else. Which also means no attacking or using other CC or anything, the damage on it also isn't all that good.

The tank specs gets the stuns and the hands off choke, the DPS specs do not.

Edited by tkckrys

My favorite is when you go from knocked down, to standing and bent over with your head spinning, to suspended in the air holding your throat / spinning with lightening, to flying through the air as a corpse from knock back, all in 120 seconds or less. Edited by Quinlynn

My favorite is when you go from knocked down, to standing and bent over with your head spinning, to suspended in the air holding your throat / spinning with lightening, to flying through the air as a corpse from knock back, all in 120 seconds or less.

To be fair, that is kinda how I would imagine a fight against a bunch of Jedi or Sith would actually go "IRL". : )

Edited by Varicite

Leap > Push > Leap > Choke?

Although I really was talking more about the tank spec. I'm not terribly familiar w/ the Jug DPS specs, other than being on the receiving end of Rage Jugs a few times before wising up.

thats not enough to "CC lock¨ the target until he dies...you can break the choke...

the situation is really bad when you see something like on that video posted here at begin.

you got CC lock until got dead or almost dead.

Shadowbane used to have a system where you'd be immune to whatever was used on you for a certain length of time. So if you're stunned for 3 seconds you're immune for 15, snared for 9 seconds immune for 30, slept for 5 seconds immune for 20, etc.

yeah. i think that will be better then this current resolve.

btw: i dont think that you can get stun with full resolve. what happens is: you get stun and your bar fill and you are still on the same stun. after that stun finish you cant get stun again. of course, the resolve bar drops REALLY REALLY fast.

still, I think is useless...

I agree the amount of cc of all types is way too much. Resolve is a joke, most of the time you're dead by the time you get immunity and that immunity is gone by the time you rez and get back to the fight. That said, I don't think it will change unfortunately. This message has been shouted over and over since launch and nothing

pretty sad. I just posted because I think is worse after 1.2. Idk, maybe is because Im dyeing way more easy now. As a Full BM dps gear and rage spec I have less 16000hp (serious) and I have a feeling that Im get "stun" lock ALOT now.

I think if your health drops 25% with a burst dmg you should get immune to any kind of cc like someone already said.

pretty sad. I just posted because I think is worse after 1.2. Idk, maybe is because Im dyeing way more easy now. As a Full BM dps gear and rage spec I have less 16000hp (serious) and I have a feeling that Im get "stun" lock ALOT now.

I think if your health drops 25% with a burst dmg you should get immune to any kind of cc like someone already said.

1.2 buffed DPS and nerfed healing, so yes, you can expect PvP to be nearly 100% zerging for a while. You will charge in an die a lot.

I gotta disagree with you there. If I am rooted I can still fight, I can stun you, hell I can pop a pot or use my defensive cooldowns. When I'm stunned I can't do anything.

Resolve is only useless as a JK or SW because the force choke/stasis apparently ignores the resolve bar. I don't mind taking the dmg but when the bar is full you should still be able to move.