CC Locks - resolve bar is working as should be?

Eommer

Just a question:

Im a full dps BM Jugg and some class are able to CC lock me to the dead or 10% of life. When I start try CC they just break every single one. E.g. smugglers and Agents does that alot. I have NO CHANCE to fight back. idk, I have a feeling that CCs are not right.

is the resolve bar working as should be? anyone else Is having problem with CC locks?

I have no problem to die, but die without even have a chance to fight back its pretty annoying.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question:

Im a full dps BM Jugg and some class are able to CC lock me to the dead or 10% of life. When I start try CC they just break every single one. E.g. smugglers and Agents does that alot. I have NO CHANCE to fight back. idk, I have a feeling that CCs are not right.

is the resolve bar working as should be? anyone else Is having problem with CC locks?

I have no problem to die, but die without even have a chance to fight back its pretty annoying.

To my knowledge the most CC one class have is 2. Also you have a CC breaker ability. Therefore you shouldn't be stuck in CC for that long.

To my knowledge the most CC one class have is 2. Also you have a CC breaker ability. Therefore you shouldn't be stuck in CC for that long.

are you crazy? most of class has more then that. Jugg/tank speck have 2 stuns or 3 if you count charge. I will not even talk about interrupt, choke and force push. The problem is, my normal stun breaks if the guy get touch. Smugglers stun me and keep doing crazy dmg and Im still stuck on that CC.

Im not asking to nerf any class or something. I jsut wanna know if thats right...the guy comes out from stealth and drops you bellow 20% of health without no chance to fight back. you cc him, he breaks the cc, and now you have just one to use. Most of times Force Push does not work even when he has 0 resolve bar. My guess is because that cover crap....

i really think that resolve bar is broken right now...just asking if someone think that too.

Edited by Eommer

Stun - Complete loss of control that does not break on damage

Mezz - Complete loss of control that does break on damage

Knockback - Physical movement of your character to a new location initiated by a foe

Snare - Reduced movement speed

Root - 100% snare

Stuns, Mezzes, and Knockbacks all contribute towards Resolve Immunity and are all prevented once Resolve immunity is reached.

Snares and Roots are not affected by Resolve nor do they contribute to Resolve Immunity.

are you crazy? most of class has more then that. Jugg/tank speck have 2 stuns or 3 if you count charge. I will not even talk about interrupt, choke and force push. The problem is, my normal stun breaks if the guy get touch. Smugglers stun me and keep doing crazy dmg and Im still stuck on that CC.

Im not asking to nerf any class or something. I jsut wanna know if thats right...the guy comes out from stealth and drops you bellow 20% of health without no chance to fight back. you cc him, he breaks the cc, and now you have just one to use. Most of times Force Push does not work even when he has 0 resolve bar. My guess is because that cover crap....

i really think that resolve bar is broken right now...just asking if someone think that too.

The force leap only stops your movement now. I only count stuns as abilities that don't break while taking dmg. So I stick with my statement of 2.

The force leap only stops your movement now. I only count stuns as abilities that don't break while taking dmg. So I stick with my statement of 2.

did you saw the video? that happens with me and Im full BM gear. do you think that is right?

It was on CD, most of the time in WZ its on cooldown.

I do wish they would make it refresh on death, because it does suck to have to die a few times before you can use it again. That being said, if it is on CD you are pretty much going into the fight gimped and should expect to eat a lot of CC if you aren't playing with a healer.

As you can see in this Youtube vid, it is working as intended but... its pritty frustrating to die without doing dmg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCi5uT0o5xg&feature=youtu.be

Without being able to get out of stun lock, game over...

It's pretty sad we even use that wortd in this game... 'stun lock'.

I'm of the opinion that there should NEVER be a time a player can be killed while stunned the entire time. How many time have you been stun locked and went from 100% health to 0% while having NO control of your character? Pretty amateurish design.

NEVER should you lose all your health without being able to move or fight back. How to fix it besides lowering the amount of CC in this game?

Well, maybe modify the way resolve works... if you take 50% damage within one stun the stun breaks! Simple as that. Someone locks you at 100% and then people proceed to unload on you, once you drop to 50% health, stun breaks automatically and resolve lets you out. You can now defend yourself and not go behind the wall for 20 seconds and end up hating this game more and more.

50% too high? 40%. 30%. It makes little difference where the number is as long as there is NO such thing as 'stun lock' in our vocabulary.

I'm of the opinion that there should NEVER be a time a player can be killed while stunned the entire time. How many time have you been stun locked and went from 100% health to 0% while having NO control of your character? Pretty amateurish design.

NEVER should you lose all your health without being able to move or fight back. How to fix it besides lowering the amount of CC in this game?

Well, maybe modify the way resolve works... if you take 50% damage within one stun the stun breaks! Simple as that. Someone locks you at 100% and then people proceed to unload on you, once you drop to 50% health, stun breaks automatically and resolve lets you out. You can now defend yourself and not go behind the wall for 20 seconds and end up hating this game more and more.

50% too high? 40%. 30%. It makes little difference where the number is as long as there is NO such thing as 'stun lock' in our vocabulary.

If you reset the CC Break on death you would eliminate most of the "stun locks" in the game.

CC-Break = 2 Minute Cooldown

Stuns = 45 second cooldown

you only have 1 CC break for quite some time while classes with multiple knockdowns, stuns, roots don't care.

other abilities like force push knock you down for a full 2 seconds and then it take another 1-2 seconds to stand up.

usually if a smuggler/agent attacks me from stealth i throw them and just run. F-em.

They run from me when I get the upper hand anyways.

Just a question:

the resolve bar is even more broken after 1.2 then it was before. right now it feels like its not even working. im getting stunned 9 times in a row sometimes and thats just pathetic. stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun

the resolve bar is even more broken after 1.2 then it was before. right now it feels like its not even working. im getting stunned 9 times in a row sometimes and thats just pathetic. stun stun stun stun stun stun stun stun

exactly...I have a feeling that when Im doing pvp I spend more then 80% of time CC. This is not right.

I like your idea. and after break that kind of CC should not work anymore for like 10 seconds. E.g. after get one stun (does not matter if break or not) you should get a buff of stun immunity for like 10 seconds. In this case, the buff will protect you only against another stun. if someone try to stun you again while you have that buff, the buff just reset to 10 seconds again. Same with knockback etc etc etc.

so my idea is: after get any kind of CC you are immune for that kind for more 10 seconds.

CC breaker is not available enough. It should have the same cooldown as the 4 second stun: 1 minute. In addition CC breakers shouldn't be available earlier through talents like it is now. Its a huhuhuhuhuhuuuuuge advantage!

In addition all "complete loss of control CC" should break after a player loses 25% of his health:

100 % health - 4 second stund

2 seconds later the stunned player is at 75% health -> stun breaks

With re-balancing of expertise we are in essence back to square one when it comes to dying in a stun-lock. Post 1.2 it's not even just operatives that can do this - juggs, bh's can get someone pretty low within their 4 sec stun and marauders can fully dot you up then force choke you down to pretty low health as well.

CC breaker is not available enough. It should have the same cooldown as the 4 second stun: 1 minute. In addition CC breakers shouldn't be available earlier through talents like it is now. Its a huhuhuhuhuhuuuuuge advantage!

In addition all "complete loss of control CC" should break after a player loses 25% of his health:

100 % health - 4 second stund

2 seconds later the stunned player is at 75% health -> stun breaks

I still think you need a stun immune after get one stun.

With re-balancing of expertise we are in essence back to square one when it comes to dying in a stun-lock. Post 1.2 it's not even just operatives that can do this - juggs, bh's can get someone pretty low within their 4 sec stun and marauders can fully dot you up then force choke you down to pretty low health as well.

jugg??? are you talking about tank spec right? how a tank spec get you really low in 4 seconds?

As a sniper I really dont see how a Jugg can complain about anything. I agree that TTK is a little to short now but if you think its no fun as a Jugg try playing a class that doesnt have HP or mobility and see how fun that is.

Stuns, Mezzes, and Knockbacks all contribute towards Resolve Immunity and are all prevented once Resolve immunity is reached.

... in theory...

What happens in practice is the resolve bar slowly fills up as your health bar drops to zero. It's a useless system. DR should have been implemented - might have saved some subs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.