The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.2.0c - increased rewards for lost warzones

oldshatterhand

The QQ'ers have won, congratulations.

Now everyone will be wearing BM and BH before you know it without any effort.

So what? Isn't it the skill that should matter? Afraid of people who can beat you now?

Edited by Drudenfusz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Credits seem fine based on what that leveling sage was posting.

no is not 5k for a win is not fine 10k for a win yes 5k hell no if it was up to me i will do a 10/15 10k for losing team 15k for winning team right now **** on this game cost way to much and creds come in slow

And what about letting as run duel spec so we dont have to keep respecin over and over

Have to wait and see if the rewards are even going to be decent before more people quit PVP/game altogether.

People who don't PvP if they don't get something from it, other than the fun of PvPing, should quit.

So how much do you gain from losing now?

On a -good- losing match you get about 50-60, winners get 90-100.

I just got out of a losing match of civil war. We had 6 vs 8 or less the entire match. After we realized they had a full team we dropped down to 3 players. They had all 3 nodes at first, those who stayed all took one node and sat on it. Then towards the end we bumrushed mid to get extra coms as we got extra players in but we never went above 6. I figured I'd stick around just to see what the changes were. I received about 2.5k credits and 78 coms.

Leveling via pvp now seems viable. I don't think the exp is amazing for a win, but a loss gives more than before. And both winning and losing gives credits now, and enough to buy skills at least.

Paople still play to win, at least when you get a team that is not full of lemmings.

I am satisfied :)

1. Good, that was needed

2. 4 medals was fine, no need to lower it to 1.

I agree, the ONLY reason lowering it to 1 is good is for those games where you get plopped into a 5-0 lising huttball with 45 seconds left. X-server should fix that, then they should raise the minimum back up to 3 or 4

I can't believe (actually I can...) some people think the 1.2 changes were good. Players should be awarded for participation not just pure wins. Though winning should give more rewards, as you are winning. If players don't get some kind of reward for even trying to play pvp it will discourage people from playing. The more people that don't play PVP cause they're discouraged, the less pvp all of you "1337" players get to do.

Also, if you really think this game having a system that gives players nothing for playing is smart for their business, then you're an idiot.

The idea behind the 1.2 patch was a good one, 3 medals to prevent people who go afk from receiving rewards but it turned out that it was completely possible to not get 3 medals in a match. Mostly in cases where the other team destroys your team. (Ie. a good huttball team vs some crappy pug.) Waiting for a queue then getting into a match only to get nothing for your time is not smart idea on Bioware's part.

I personally think they should re-implement a weekly for playing games. That way it incentivizes people to play more and thus more pvp all together.

I am a fresh level 50 and I approve this update.

I was dominating pre-50 WZs and once I hit 50, I bought all the recruit gear and a couple of BM pieces I was able to afford. Then I merrily stepped into a WZ... I had about 13K HP on my Sorc with about 800expertise going up again players with 20K HP and a whole lot more expertise. I didn't stand a chance and gave up on 50 pvp but now I will play again!

BW also fixed the team match-making problem that was causing lopsided game match-ups. That's not listed in the notes.

People who don't PvP if they don't get something from it, other than the fun of PvPing, should quit.

Perhaps now all of the QQing carebear baddies will stop whining every time they lose.

Edited by DarthOvertone