Sorcs SUCK!

revolana

Attention, attention, the numbers are now out there, the information there. Sorcs are inferior in nearly every way except save utility (for team mates).

So get your finger out of your rear, stop spouting, "Tha problem is between da keyboard an' da chair," and open to your eyes to how broken and worthless this class is. I don't even touch my Sorc any more. I can play fairly competitively, but why bother? I'm a waste of space on the 8 man team, another class would be better. So I will happily play and faceroll on my (pre 1.2) marauder.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention, attention, the numbers are now out there, the information there. Sorcs are inferior in nearly every way except save utility (for team mates).

So get your finger out of your rear, stop spouting, "Tha problem is between da keyboard an' da chair," and open to your eyes to how broken and worthless this class is. I don't even touch my Sorc any more. I can play fairly competitively, but why bother? I'm a waste of space on the 8 man team, another class would be better. So I will happily play and faceroll on my (pre 1.2) marauder.

It's ignorant posts like this that are causing SWTOR to tank in subscriptions; this is the type of player we seem to be stuck with.

It's ignorant posts like this that are causing SWTOR to tank in subscriptions; this is the type of player we seem to be stuck with.

See what I did there?

Unless if the sorcs are master LoS types, I can take them down with my BH (powertech), Sniper (MM) and Assassin (Darkness) very easily. For the BH and assassin, you need only be in their face and interrupt things, and with the sniper you need only hit hard and fast.

Valor +8x Sorcerer playing on Tomb Of Freedon Nadd, though the server has many 'new' players it has a large number of +80 and +90 Valor players with pre mades filled with WH teams.

I do not enjoy healing, if I did the best build for thos class is the 2x/xx/xx healer/dps hybrid.

I do not play 31 Madness as 1vx is meaningless except to PuG game play whch is basically every WZ in TOR until we get rated and cross server.

I do not play 31 Lightning because against those WH pre mades unless you are on the move +9x% of the time you are of little use because EVERY one is moving constantly unlike PuG play.

Against BM/WH pre mades as Sorcerer 1 Sin / Powetech / Marauder / Jugg / Opertv will kill you.

Here is what happens:

Player X attacks Sorcerer--------> Sorcerer uses Stun/Knock Back/Force Speed------->As soon as Sorcerer uses Force Speed-------->Pull Sorcerer----->Sorcerer Dead!

If you PvP in this game and play multiple classes including Sorcerer you have discovered that in team play the target that goes down with the least amount of time as compared to others would be a DPS Sorcerer.

Light armor no mitigation CD classes tend to have high burst.

Until people play other classes and we have cross server and rated, unless YOU play many hours for many days AGAINST WH pre mades -and the other 4 randoms are also in WH- you have no clue what you are talking about.

See what I did there?

He gave a bunch of useless information and acted as if it was fact; as most sorcs do. To me the burden is on sorcs to prove that the class is broken, since bioware released it as is. So many people are clamouring that it's broken and it's bad, but the burden of proof is on them and all most people prove is that they aren't very good at what they're doing, not that the class is broken.

It's the same thing in PVE and PVP for sorcs, a bunch of players that aren't very good who were used to the easy mode that it used to be, saying it's broken; with the slim majority of players who actually know what they're doing saying "Well, maybe a minor tweak here and there would be nice, but overall we're fine."

If you're going to say sorcs suck, give us some real proof, something that will change the minds of the players who think the class is just fine as it is... and not "oh some marauder or jugg 1v1 owns me every time" because they're a pretty hard counter class to us, as are tanks in general.

Sorcs are not a 1v1 class; we can't really 1v1 anything at all. Sorcs are an amazing class as a support in a team fight, and are incredibly good when supporting by healers or tanks. We're not a stand alone class, we have a great escape though so we should never need to 1v1. If they gave us more 1v1 tools, we'd be too good in group fights. (see marauders)

Edited by xenofire

Then you better hurry up and get out of this section cause all your complaining is doing is proving the problem of "behind the keyboard." Unlike you I'm not worthless during raids and in fact my guild is one of the best on my server with many of us having main Sorcs we use on raids

so i spent about 2 hrs reading every post in this thread

i loled at some an some exactly state my experiences (mostly some parts of post #9) with sorc

i started swtor about 2 to 3 weeks prior 1.2 due to lack of time. sorceror was the one an only class i wanted to play.

just love the robe style, cant help it.

i will not state here that i am the most skilled olololsorc on my server an i roxxx0rizor every game im in.

this is just my experience until now

got 50 after 1.2 was released. had pvped to vr 45 pre 50, but most of my friends told me

that this was normal due to valor gain buff in wz's. did mostly pvp since 1.2 an im full bm with 3 wh now an i gotta say i still like dps

sorc since i started to do relatively well. grouped game with guild mates is rarely a lose. huttball rocks due to sprint an pulling

ballcarrier. playin 2/8/31 btw (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201bZbczMZcMfRsMkrfz.1). winnin some 1v1 here an there. would win some more but mostly someone else comes runnin an butts in.

well thats life. sure sorc is not the best 1v1 class but sometimes u tend to win some.

most times i get frustrated when there's some pt killin me with somewhat 70% hp left cuz they just tend to overnuke me :S

did some duels with a friend of mine who is one of the best pt's i've seen until now. of about 15- 20 duels i won about 2 or 3.

thats cuz he didn't use cd's cause he thought he wouldn't need them.

i get highly frustrated in 1v1 vs marauders or juggs. they charge, hit smash an u'll eat around 4,5 to 5,5k dmg as starter. NICE!

u dot them, they keep hittin through your shield. u got 30% hp left snare them, try to sprint los an eat some 4k lightsaberang execute.

thats when i really get mad. kitin is a posibility to survive ofc. but u may not run to far or you will get charged again an you tend to die.

stay too close an u tend to die either. win/win for our jugg friend.

to tell u how i perform vs sins would be to much effort. its easiest told if i say i just die. dot.

so where's the problem? am i really that noobish:rak_02: well i wouldn't say it that way. is sorc way too weak:rak_02: thats not it either.

sorc lacks of some minor things like the force speed snare/stun break mentioned. or some execute like shock deals double dmg to targets >35%hp

also we could need some useful 4piece set bonus. pt -> 15% crit chance on railshot. sorc -> +5m range of shock an jolt! YAY!! MUSTHAVE!... NOT

started to play dps with 2 dmg an 2 heal sets cuz those 3s reduced shield cd saved my *** really often until now. way better than 4piece set

bonus

i don't wanna play an OP class but i at least want to be a considerable 1v1 class.

if some ppl say u won't survive vs op/jugg/marauder/pt/merc/assa, which classes are left to survive against ? think about it.

surely the "dps sorc is unplayable" is bs but imho every class should be able to perform at least well against other classes with same eq & skill

an not playin cleaning rag while the oponent has 70% hp left

just my 2 cents

-Modai-

ps: an don't tell me "lol L2P noob" or somethin like that. just wanted to tell my exp on my sorc. also can't tell anything about heal

specc either. i just dont like to play healer.

ps ps: if my grammar or english suck, consider it "working as intended". also capital letters do NOT exist on my keyboard :p

Edited by Modai

I have to disagree with the above.

Sorcerer is really an extremely squishy class with no damage mitigation cds (and for the one person intending to mention bubble, it is not damage mitigation and is done in 1hit from most dps classes).

On the positive side, sorc has a lot of utility and escape mechanisms, which help against some classes.

Depending on your spec, you need to obtain access to snare, either through 31 points in madness or a talent in the middle of the lightning tree that ads snare to your overload.

Naturally, this only helps in some cases, as assassins have force shroud and juggernauts in vengeance are immune to any form of cc full 4 seconds after leap. Those 4 seconds are quite often enough to get you killed and there is not much you can do about it at the moment (so no, the problem is not necessarily between the keyboard and the chair). Skilled assassin can also rip you apart without you being able to do much about it.

For these reasons, you need to resort to thinking ahead.

Do not be in places where you can encounter enemy stealthers.

Do not be in places where you are an obvious target.

Do not use force lightning before you have DoTed every single enemy there is, force lightning is a very nice way of saying: Look at me, here I am in my Squishiness, come get me.

While dotting, hug pillars, corners or any other objects you can use to break line of sight.

Mostly useless cybertech offers a wonderful grenade that awards an insane aoe 70% slow for 8 second every 3 minutes. Abuse it.

And most important, avoid 1v1 situations. You do not have the burst or survivability to win against similarly geared/skilled opponents, so just don't even try unless you have to.

I use the same tactics. DoT every sigle target before casting something that can easily linked to you. When someone even looks at you RUN away. 1vs1 should be avoided because our burst is so slow and killing something will take ages. We are at the low end of the food chain and you need to play like it.

Why is it that every single game i play i happen to choose the most crapped on class there is? I mean i pick a Sorc for ranged DPS and what happens? Stun, Stun, Snare, Blinded, Immobilized dead. Seriously what fun is that? I get 1 insta cast 4 second stun and 1 30 minute cast time whirlwind. However if i dps someone they get broke out. Me, hell no i get stunned and im dead from all the damage thats being put out on me.

I cant for the life of me figure out why all the other classes are feeling so OP when it comes to 1v1. I stand 0 chance to beat anyone in 1v1. Now i see why everyone rages about the failfest of a pvp system in this game. Seriously needs overhauled and balanced a TON.

What spec you play? if you specced right you will have 3 instant cast stuns, more that any other classes. I am fine with my sage. I play balance.

Once again you guys need to check yourself when you say sorcs/sages suck lol here are some suggestions

.1 Stop backpeddling, just unbind S key already please

.2 Stop keyturning, rebind A-D with right and left strafe

.3 Play fully zoomed out so you can have more situational awareness(very important)

.4 When melee classes run at you !!IMMEDIATELY!! use "Slow" and start kiting them using as little CDs as you can

.5 Once a melee class has used their gap closers THEN use "force speed,overload..ect)

.6 Try to force their stun break b4 you use your stun weather that be by using snares whirlwind...ect

.7 Fighting ranged classes use LOS to your advantage we are a DOT(damage over time) class! POLE HUMP

.8 Play the spec your most comfortable with, or try something new and get comfortable! :)

.9 Use cooldowns at the right time avoid popping all your cooldowns if you think you might get CC'd or stunned

.10 Learn your class inside and out talents abilities...ect

.11 Learn other classes Offensive/Defensive abilities and their tooltip icons!(very important)

.12 Learn other classes as much as possible mainly the ones you have most trouble with

.13 Duel more/ play more warzones!

That's just a short list of things which will IMPROVE your gameplay. as for the guy who was saying sorcerer damage is slow and we have no burst you sir....are you trying to saber strike people to death? Don't get me wrong my sorcerer is geared i have 9 peices of war hero gear i believe something like 1180 expertise which really is not much as i could have around 1300 easy. my sorcerer specs are.

1180 expertise, 27% crit, 815 power, 76.90% surge, 6.50% alacrity, and 16600ish HP. i play lightning because its the most fun and on a target with light armor+1310 expertise i can do 16500/18500 damage in under 4 seconds.

As for my friend who plays Madness he can do bursts of up to 14000-15500 in just around 3-5 seconds and his gear is half as good as mine :). I will be making movies on how to fight each class in this game very soon after i release my fourth movie "Remedy IV" you can pick up some good tips from just watching my movies. Please stop trying to mislead people into thinking sorcerers suck as i have said once ill say it again our class is not the most powerful and also not the weakest. When played right its one of the best dps classes in the game atm.

Good no posts for a few hours seems i have shut this thread up. Hope you all can go practice what i have said and if not im in the process of making How to video's for 1v1ing each class on a sorcerer :)

Lets be honest. You're footage is cherry picked and self glorifying (like all PvP videos). It is in no way representative of how the class CONSISTENTLY fares against equally geared and competent opponents of other classes. Although they are somewhat entertaining and motivational to the community so I give you credit for that.

Seriously dude? You really think that we have to be told not to backpedal? 1-3 are easily dismissed. You really think you can kite melee? War Hero Maras and Sents steamroll you before you can bat an eyelash you'll be at half HP. You just can't easily counter **** like that. You would have to react flawlessly and hope for some RNG on your side. Then again, dueling is a completely different scenario versus getting focused in a warzone.

Edited by Xsjado

Once again you guys need to check yourself when you say sorcs/sages suck lol here are some suggestions

.1 Stop backpeddling, just unbind S key already please

.2 Stop keyturning, rebind A-D with right and left strafe

.3 Play fully zoomed out so you can have more situational awareness(very important)

.4 When melee classes run at you !!IMMEDIATELY!! use "Slow" and start kiting them using as little CDs as you can

.5 Once a melee class has used their gap closers THEN use "force speed,overload..ect)

.6 Try to force their stun break b4 you use your stun weather that be by using snares whirlwind...ect

.7 Fighting ranged classes use LOS to your advantage we are a DOT(damage over time) class! POLE HUMP

.8 Play the spec your most comfortable with, or try something new and get comfortable! :)

.9 Use cooldowns at the right time avoid popping all your cooldowns if you think you might get CC'd or stunned

.10 Learn your class inside and out talents abilities...ect

.11 Learn other classes Offensive/Defensive abilities and their tooltip icons!(very important)

.12 Learn other classes as much as possible mainly the ones you have most trouble with

.13 Duel more/ play more warzones!

Wow, THANKS.

Thats what Im doing wrong!

On a serious note. No you didn't shut people up because you were right, its just that what you posted is perishingly obvious and EVERY good pvpers does all of this anyway.

Please, tell me (as a healer in augmented WH) how do you kite a jugg who has 2 charges both on 30s cd? You're welcome.

Honestly I think half of you guys must either be guarded 100% of the time (in which case you're balancing for 1v2) or play on a horribad server, because on my server on every map except huttball (due to terrain) WH sorc healers are free kills to any BM+ melee and no, they mostly arent kitable (except ops).

Edited by Annex

If someone owns everyone with sorcerer they should try to play any melee. They would be demigods then. Sorc are just cannon fodder and basically cannot kite anything if the enemy has some sort of brains and half of his/her firgers left.

Lets be honest. You're footage is cherry picked and self glorifying (like all PvP videos). It is in no way representative of how the class CONSISTENTLY fares against equally geared and competent opponents of other classes. Although they are somewhat entertaining and motivational to the community so I give you credit for that.

Seriously dude? You really think that we have to be told not to backpedal? 1-3 are easily dismissed. You really think you can kite melee? War Hero Maras and Sents steamroll you before you can bat an eyelash you'll be at half HP. You just can't easily counter **** like that. You would have to react flawlessly and hope for some RNG on your side. Then again, dueling is a completely different scenario versus getting focused in a warzone.

Lol its guys like you who think we should just roll over and die! Not only will i show you how to beat mara's assins, powertechs and operatives of equal skill and gear i will show you how to beat them without going under 50% hp and consistently! :) and btw my comment wasn't meant to be a troll or something those tips will legitimately help you out when playing sorc so dont bash my post because you are no good with your class and i am, about cherry picking ofc i do that way i can show 1v2's and such which is entertaining ofc i dont go around 1v2ing everyone all the time every game its impossible :) but if i was to film a whole game and just upload as is you would se i die 1-3 times max with 4 players focusing me because i know how to cut my losses and run and also you wont se me lose a single 1v1 :) even when im playing CRAPPY lightning spec. i can only teach if your willing to listen :)

Im not trying to be arrogant and act like i know it all and whatnot but what i do know is im good at this game and would like to help those who have troubles so stop getting offended and bashing my posts when im here to HELP you or at least try :)

Will the devs ,one day answer to me , and tell me if I can hope to see the madness once playable without being perma out of force after 1min ?

It's is absolutly unfair compared to lightning spec :mad:

Lol i hear ya man! thats one of the reasons i dont play madness :p because the fact that i like to play support throwing barriers and heals out all the time and still do a ton of dmg this is why i play lightning...and its just all together more fun :)

Play 'support' has been proven to not work by Blizzard. Rememberer Shadow Priests and the argument of making others better Vs making your self better.

I play this game to feel heroic, not to make others feel heroic!

Good thing it works in this game :) because i play it perfectly and also we don't need to shift out of shadowform to heal and such also having a talent which makes dark infusion cost 24 force on a 2.3sec cast thus making me regen almost all force used while casting it, when you need to heal reckless shock(crit) gain Lightning effusion buff then crit heal DI for 5.5-7k depending if i have relic/adrenal up as i already have 815 power :)

My objective view from playing a jugg and a sorc to good level/kit is that we are far from balanced currently. What is yours besides the usual lame "they're fine because I say they are" ?

If you play your Sorc like you play your Jugg, then little wonder you're having problems.

Seriously though, you're talking apples and oranges here. The only real comparison would be against a like class. If you're saying, however, that you don't think Sorcs are as powerful as they should be, or as they were, then just say so. Using any other class bar Sage (and an comparatively geared/specced Sage at that) as a comparison will not give your argument any greater emphasis.

The implication that you play/gear any class 'perfectly' and can thus benchmark this 'perfection' as a universal constant is quite ludicrous.

H.

So many noobs and PvE people posting in this thread.

I have a 50 BM jugg and a 50 BM/WH sorc.

Since 1.2 I've played the sorc as pure healer, madness dps and hybrid and tbh it pure sucks.

Heals > Nerfed into the ground with the joke cast time on DI. 2.3 seconds???? PLEASE NITERRUPT THIS HEALING SPELL

TTK > Are you joking? We were squishy before 1.2, now its just a die in 5-7 seconds from combat start fest

DPS > Yeeeaaaahh, let me stand here casting this awesome massive nuke that is interruptable and does UP TO 4k dmg!!! Oh wait you just smashed me for 6k (aoe), I LIE DOWN NOW.

Yes, with both specs I can still put out good numbers (500k+ heals, 400k+dmg) but these hide the actual effectiveness of the class. Pro tip - hots/dots and random aoes = big numbers but bad player. WZ numbers mean very little and are not an indicator of player skill.

My jugg on the other hand is worse geared, I'm less experienced at and Ive had to learn the specs from scratch. Obviously gonna be less effective, right? No. My jugg is a roflcopterfacerollyoulose fest. Its so easy to win its absurb. I just have to spam a few key abilities and bit numbers pop up and people fall over.

1.2 is simply a disasterous patch for sorcs (and any squishy rdps). Anyone saying otherwise is stupid, has no idea of what the other classes are seeing, is sub 50 (and hence has no valid opinion) or is an mdps with vested opinions.

Sorry for my harsh tone, just sick of idiots saying "sorc is fine" when those of us with wider experience KNOW different.

Well, I didn't have a lvl 50 Sorc before 1.2, but have since finished levelling mine, and I really don't see a problem with it. I'm healer specced (and pretty much levelled as healer), and can dish out some fairly decent damage, as well as some nice heals.

Sure, there are some classes that will screw me over, but for others I can stand there and take someone out one on one.

I am curious how you come to the conclusion that high healing and high damage means a bad player though? If you ask me, high healing numbers is effective healing, and high damage is also good. So what if it comes from AoE? Throwing a force storm into a large melee sprawl can have a brilliant effect on the fight.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

Lol its guys like you who think we should just roll over and die! Not only will i show you how to beat mara's assins, powertechs and operatives of equal skill and gear i will show you how to beat them without going under 50% hp and consistently! :) and btw my comment wasn't meant to be a troll or something those tips will legitimately help you out when playing sorc so dont bash my post because you are no good with your class and i am, about cherry picking ofc i do that way i can show 1v2's and such which is entertaining ofc i dont go around 1v2ing everyone all the time every game its impossible :) but if i was to film a whole game and just upload as is you would se i die 1-3 times max with 4 players focusing me because i know how to cut my losses and run and also you wont se me lose a single 1v1 :) even when im playing CRAPPY lightning spec. i can only teach if your willing to listen :)

I see they didn't teach grammar at your PvP School of Excellence :p

I'm just putting 2 and 2 together looking at the numbers I receive and what I can dish out. I know my burst damage is nowhere near theirs, yet (prolly won't be regardless of max gear). I have a few more BM pieces and a whole lot of War Hero still to get (which I prolly wont stick around for now that D3 is out). I haven't dueled at all truthfully - I see no opportunity unless I joined a PvP guild. I just know that most players take advantage of our class in BGs because they know in most cases we don't have the ability to match their damage or control them (other players ruining CC) once they've gotten the jump on us.

It's sickening feeling like bait in warzones...it's not even about skill, it's just situational criteria we can't change. I'm just tired of feeling like our class is viewed as free, easy kills in warzones. I know and observe players (I even do it!) that immediately focus a sage / sorc first and keep focusing those players the whole match - to the point of it sucking the fun out of the game experience. Maybe I'm just sick of how frail clothie classes are in PvP; when I played a rogue in WoW I'd be lucky to finish off the target I opened up on before 3-4 people focus me and blow me up in mere seconds. At least I could vanish, cloak, etc though. A petty shield and a 3 sec sprint isn't enough, most players will go the extra step to hunt you down and see you dead.

At least admit that our class isn't as easy to play and doesn't have the same ez of ownability "out of the box" like certain classes with higher armor and higher burst do. Tell me our class takes more skill to excel at and master. I can admit I haven't played at 50 more than a few days, nor have I mastered a spec etc...but from the looks of things this class feels underpowered.

Edited by Xsjado