Sorcs SUCK!

revolana

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that every single game i play i happen to choose the most crapped on class there is? I mean i pick a Sorc for ranged DPS and what happens? Stun, Stun, Snare, Blinded, Immobilized dead. Seriously what fun is that? I get 1 insta cast 4 second stun and 1 30 minute cast time whirlwind. However if i dps someone they get broke out. Me, hell no i get stunned and im dead from all the damage thats being put out on me.

I cant for the life of me figure out why all the other classes are feeling so OP when it comes to 1v1. I stand 0 chance to beat anyone in 1v1. Now i see why everyone rages about the failfest of a pvp system in this game. Seriously needs overhauled and balanced a TON.

I beat guardians, commandos, sages, gunslingers (depending on location) fairly easily.

Shadow and scoundrels are more problematic, but doable.

Vanguards and sentinels are the most difficult. I don't think I've ever beaten a vanguard 1vs1. As I play a vanguard as well I can understand why. I never lose 1vs1 as a vanguard. Vanguard > everything else.

Same old thing. People complaining X class can win against them. Because we all know all PvP games are balanced 1 VS 1 no matter the class combo with all possible three trees permutations.

Refresh my memory: all of PvP in SWTOR is pretty much objective based, isn't it? What is this focus on the outcome in duels?

You want the damage of a BH, but also interrupts, force speed, force slow, pulling a team mate and bubbles?

Yes, of course you do. Silly question.

Sillier question still. If you want the damage of a X, why are you not playing X? Because you want the force speed, force slow, bubbles and etc, BUT you don't want the problems that X has.

These 2 pics were before the 1.2 update:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Sergetov/Screenshot_2012-04-03_22_58_53_719300.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Sergetov/Screenshot_2012-04-03_22_58_40_657300.jpg

This one is yesterday:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Sergetov/Screenshot_2012-04-19_18_30_17_783400.jpg

The opponents were 30% warhero with the rest in BM. I'm only in BM. These are not scrubs we play, as a matter of fact, the republic used to roll us constantly before 1.2 but for some reason, the tables have turned. We now win 95% of our matches against republic.

The DPS side of sorc for PVP is fine.

Same old thing. People complaining X class can win against them. Because we all know all PvP games are balanced 1 VS 1 no matter the class combo with all possible three trees permutations.

Refresh my memory: all of PvP in SWTOR is pretty much objective based, isn't it? What is this focus on the outcome in duels?

You may have hit the nail on the head. So what exactly are the objectives in the pvp zones?

Huttball - Cary the ball to the enemy base. Yes, sorcs do shine in this Wz, although no more than juggernauts of tank bounty hunters, who also have a lot of utility usable in this particular game. This is also the reason why I love huttball, because it offers a lot of room for tactics, strategy and cooperation and allows a small team to dominate the game even if the rest of the team does nothing.

Denova coast - The target hear is to kill the enemy forces at the capture point to allow you to take it and you need either good burst damage or survivability to achieve this. Sorc has none of these. All the utility and kiting abilities are useless, since you need to stay at a rather small area and I'm slowly getting tired of running circles around the buildings.

Void star - The target hear is to kill the enemy forces at the capture point to allow you to take it and you need either good burst damage or survivability to achieve this. There are the short periods when running between phases where sorc utility can serve amazingly well in slowing down the opposing team, essentially securing a free bomb or two, but these phases are relatively short compared to the gate mash up.

Civil war - The target hear is to kill the enemy forces at the capture point to allow you to take it and you need either good burst damage or survivability to achieve this.

See what I mean? When we try to play true to our class, we are at a serious disadvantage in 3 out of 4 war zones.

It is really frustrating trying to remain at the objective while trying to kite at the same time and interrupting attempts at capture. I find myself dying quite often simple due to the fact that in order to win against the other person I would have to abandon the objective and this is the reason why I believe the sorc class might need some other form of burst than relic + recklessness every 2 minutes and even then you only get burst if you do the full force lightning channel, which is rather counter-productive for a class that dies immediately once it stops moving.

These 2 pics were before the 1.2 update:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Sergetov/Screenshot_2012-04-03_22_58_53_719300.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Sergetov/Screenshot_2012-04-03_22_58_40_657300.jpg

This one is yesterday:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/Sergetov/Screenshot_2012-04-19_18_30_17_783400.jpg

The opponents were 30% warhero with the rest in BM. I'm only in BM. These are not scrubs we play, as a matter of fact, the republic used to roll us constantly before 1.2 but for some reason, the tables have turned. We now win 95% of our matches against republic.

The DPS side of sorc for PVP is fine.

Those numberes tell absolutely NOTHING. A Voidstar 90% of the games in 400k+ damage for me, no matter against who we play.

Total damage in the end of a warzone IS NOT what pvp is about, try to understand this. Dotting multiple enemys and throw in aoe's (deathfield) won't help your team as much as a for example a marauder who does 300k damage and just shuts down the enemy healers with his burst.

Edited by iphobia

Those numberes tell absolutely NOTHING. A Voidstar 90% of the games in 400k+ damage for me, no matter against who we play.

Total damage in the end of a warzone IS NOT what pvp is about, try to understand this. Dotting multiple enemys and throw in aoe's (deathfield) won't help your team as much as a for example a marauder who does 300k damage and just shuts down the enemy healers with his burst.

Look at the whole picture and not just the DPS. Also, you know NOTHING of how i play and what my objectives are in a match. I don't go in trying to get the most dmg. I go in with my premade and I'm tasked with pressuring healers, baiting defenders to follow me out of objectives, and assisting in trains. I don't just dot everyone up and DF at random.

Yes we are squishy, but I still believe we are good enough as is.

Try experimenting with your builds.

Why is it that every single game i play i happen to choose the most crapped on class there is? I mean i pick a Sorc for ranged DPS and what happens? Stun, Stun, Snare, Blinded, Immobilized dead. Seriously what fun is that? I get 1 insta cast 4 second stun and 1 30 minute cast time whirlwind. However if i dps someone they get broke out. Me, hell no i get stunned and im dead from all the damage thats being put out on me.

I cant for the life of me figure out why all the other classes are feeling so OP when it comes to 1v1. I stand 0 chance to beat anyone in 1v1. Now i see why everyone rages about the failfest of a pvp system in this game. Seriously needs overhauled and balanced a TON.

I cannot re-iterate how true this is. Other healing classes have so much more survivability....almost every other healing class (smuggler healers and Merc Healer). Bioware, wt....as soon as I level my sorcerer to 50, he is only coming out to do guild and daily stuff. I might actually enjoy pvp with my maurauder, or maybe even roll a tank assassin with some good damage pvp gear. Thanks for making the sorcerer suck, and everyone knows it...:mad:

Look at the whole picture and not just the DPS. Also, you know NOTHING of how i play and what my objectives are in a match. I don't go in trying to get the most dmg. I go in with my premade and I'm tasked with pressuring healers, baiting defenders to follow me out of objectives, and assisting in trains. I don't just dot everyone up and DF at random.

Yes we are squishy, but I still believe we are good enough as is.

Try experimenting with your builds.

I don't have to look after the other stats, endgame chart screenshots prove nothing.

Yes, I don't know anything about your playstyle, I'm not debating this.

I don't see any reason to pick a dps-sorc over for example a marauder or powertech for a ranked group except for the shields and grip, but even for this I'd rather pick a heal-sorc. You see one?

Edited by iphobia

I'm an aspiring Sorc, and i'd have to say that reading theese posts are really discouraging. However i understand that most forum posts are a mere satisfaction to MMO players whining habit, so i'll continue with my Sorc and prepare to wreck som ultimate carnage in future WZs.

On a side note i would actually like to hear if the Sorcs are THAT bad? Or is it all just general QQ?

I'm an aspiring Sorc, and i'd have to say that reading theese posts are really discouraging. However i understand that most forum posts are a mere satisfaction to MMO players whining habit, so i'll continue with my Sorc and prepare to wreck som ultimate carnage in future WZs.

On a side note i would actually like to hear if the Sorcs are THAT bad? Or is it all just general QQ?

We are not THAT bad, we just lack in burst and are very squishy. Not optimal for PvP and not really helpful for getting into a group for upcoming Rateds because there are other classes that are just better.

I'll also continue with my Sorc, switching between healing and dps'ing.

Players suck not the toon. If you play your class well and know your strengths and weakness you are fine. You go around spammig a single key and hoping a stun will insta kill an enemy like the OP seems to hope then you suck. We are squishy by armor and name alone but a good playe is never taken down that easy. As it is ive had to get swarmed upon during Huttballs and Novera Coasts for simply causing too much DPS or killing defenders/ballrunners

I used to play a level 50 sorc healer pre 1.2 as an alt. My main is a DPS Jugg. After 1.2 I gave up on the Sorc. Dies too fast. you can burn all your CDs and all your CC. All you acomplish is that you die in 10 seconds instead of 5.

My Jugg has a field day with any Sorc. Hell!!! All other classes have field days with Sorcs.

Continue your sorc and prepare to be the ultimate target for carnage. You'll just be a moving practice dummy.

I used to play a level 50 sorc healer pre 1.2 as an alt. My main is a DPS Jugg. After 1.2 I gave up on the Sorc. Dies too fast. you can burn all your CDs and all your CC. All you acomplish is that you die in 10 seconds instead of 5.

My Jugg has a field day with any Sorc. Hell!!! All other classes have field days with Sorcs.

Continue your sorc and prepare to be the ultimate target for carnage. You'll just be a moving practice dummy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, see above. Thanks for the input, having PLAYED this class, as well as others.

I like being a healer and being a force user, but is it worth it to be nerfed on in pvp? I'm thinking not so much, although I love everything outside the pvp.

I play a 50 sorc and have no other toon besides a 20 powertech that I haven't touched in months. I continue to heal on my sorcerer while having fun and doing well in PvP. And of any AC/spec in the game, sorc healers got nerfed the hardest. I don't care what anyone says. Does it hurt us in PvP post 1.2? Yes. Can we still own it up if we play correctly? Sure. Maybe not exactly like we could in 1.2, but being the best at something never lasts in games like these.

If sorcs need buffs they will be buffed. Especially with the influx of these posts, they are forced to look at the situation and possibly even make a change, just to appease the masses. In conclusion, lets start making threads about other stuff. All I see in our forums now is whine posts about sorc nerfs.

I don't have to look after the other stats, endgame chart screenshots prove nothing.

Yes, I don't know anything about your playstyle, I'm not debating this.

I don't see any reason to pick a dps-sorc over for example a marauder or powertech for a ranked group except for the shields and grip, but even for this I'd rather pick a heal-sorc. You see one?

i can dot up assigned target, and then lock down a healer until target or healer drops. Or, depending on situation, I can kite the kill hungry marauder/assasin, out of healer LOS. Act as bait so stealthers can ninja.. a whole bunch of other things. Our utility is unrivaled.

It's just general QQ, at least when it comes to PvP. Most players are bad, and that goes for most forum posters too. With the nerfs in 1.2 it gave them something to point their finger at and blame their poor performance for, but there are still plenty of sorcs who perform well, both healers and DDs.

In our current state, I look at DPS sorcs as a majorly gimped version of assassins. Our best DPS tree (both in terms of damage, and mobility) needed to be augmented with melee attacks in order to be suitable for DPS assassins. What do we get in return? Useless heals, affliction, and a bubble that absorbs less than one hit.

The main problem was with all the "good players" padding their parses, and not bothering with the team game. Getting affliction on every player you can see, and spamming chain lightning when wrath proc'd merely tickles the opponents. These are the same people you'd see away from the play, having their own deathmatches attacking random people from safe positions. They're also the same morons who'd be DPSing people in the pit from the goaline ledge, giving PTs / warriors a great jump target. The sorcs who played the team game very rarely did well on damage. They're the ones sprinting through fire to knock the carrier off, suiciding in to interrupt caps, going behind enemy lines to pull ball carrier up, focusing and interrupting healers, etc.

Even with our CC breaker up, we don't stand a chance against a competent marauder, powertech, assassin, or operative, we don't really have enough burst to be able to kill healers, who aforementioned classes can just melt through. Those ACs are capable of parsing very high, and most of their damage is focused, not scattered like the sorc DPS is.

In our current state, I look at DPS sorcs as a majorly gimped version of assassins. Our best DPS tree (both in terms of damage, and mobility) needed to be augmented with melee attacks in order to be suitable for DPS assassins. What do we get in return? Useless heals, affliction, and a bubble that absorbs less than one hit.

The main problem was with all the "good players" padding their parses, and not bothering with the team game. Getting affliction on every player you can see, and spamming chain lightning when wrath proc'd merely tickles the opponents. These are the same people you'd see away from the play, having their own deathmatches attacking random people from safe positions. They're also the same morons who'd be DPSing people in the pit from the goaline ledge, giving PTs / warriors a great jump target. The sorcs who played the team game very rarely did well on damage. They're the ones sprinting through fire to knock the carrier off, suiciding in to interrupt caps, going behind enemy lines to pull ball carrier up, focusing and interrupting healers, etc.

Even with our CC breaker up, we don't stand a chance against a competent marauder, powertech, assassin, or operative, we don't really have enough burst to be able to kill healers, who aforementioned classes can just melt through. Those ACs are capable of parsing very high, and most of their damage is focused, not scattered like the sorc DPS is.

... and this is what all the bads keep saying no matter how many times we keep telling them that is not what we're doing, and that we have the win % to show for it.

Seriously, sorc dps is fine and so is sorc healing. Good players will do well, and bad players won't, just as it should be.

... and this is what all the bads keep saying no matter how many times we keep telling them that is not what we're doing, and that we have the win % to show for it.

Seriously, sorc dps is fine and so is sorc healing. Good players will do well, and bad players won't, just as it should be.

And this is what a member of a premade rolling PUGs all day long will say, in order to make themselves feel superior.

Edited by Rettkar

And this is what a member of a premade rolling PUGs all day long will say, in order to make themselves feel superior.

That would be pretty clever, if it was true. I, in fact, keep a tally of my solo queuing but not of when I queue with friends. Because as you hinted at, keeping a record of your team's performance is rather pointless until 8v8 queues makes their entrance. Nice try, though.

I am curious though: do you really think that a premade whose players won't play to win will pull a significant number of victories? (This is a bit off topic, but it seems contradictory to me.)

EDIT: Furthermore, you know it's not just me; do you think it's some major conspiracy that a lot of us are telling you it's fine? It really boils down to that bad players obviously will struggle, but because of the general climate on the forums and the nerfs in 1.2 they just assume it's the fault of the class. In the end, there's nothing we can do to change your mind if you choose not to listen to us, but at least we tried.

Edited by Heimur

EDIT: Furthermore, you know it's not just me; do you think it's some major conspiracy that a lot of us are telling you it's fine? It really boils down to that bad players obviously will struggle, but because of the general climate on the forums and the nerfs in 1.2 they just assume it's the fault of the class. In the end, there's nothing we can do to change your mind if you choose not to listen to us, but at least we tried.

This is not from SWTOR or sorcs. I noticed this all the way since my first playing on WoW. Come a nerf, or come a tweak in game play, or come a new expansion or.. Bam, forums full of people saying the class is broken, impossible to play, and of course, zher ultimate threat, that they will quit the game.

The few who dare to open their mouths and say they are still doing fine and enjoying the class and bringing something to the game are *immediately* shouted down.

For examples of such, just read this thread.

This guy has the right idea. I heartily suggest following his example.

I know when *I* decide a sorc is no longer what I would like to play I am not going to play the world's smallest violin at the forums, I will just pick a different class and play it.

Reading all this seems to me to point to the single best arguement in favour of getting DUAL SPEC activated and as soon as physically possible.

Healing as Sorc in pve is still absolutely great, even after the nerf though you have to work at it but it would seem you either have to move to dps or a hybrid to have any luck in pvp so hows about that dual now then pls cos just swapping back and forth isn't any fun at all.

With thanks and appreciation. im sure its on its way.

Vlad