My DPS from parsed combat logs

cedarghost

I haven't seen anyone posting this stuff yet, so I figured I would start. On my fresh level 50 SS specc'd GS I am averaging around 700 to 800. All orange gear (some crafted, some rewards, etc) with the exception of my BM saber and Champion relics. This seems REALLY low to me. Anyone else have a fresh level 50 GS to compare to? I have studied and tried different rotations, etc. This is about where I max out. Will post stats when I get home and can log into the game.

So, new level 50, SS, no endgame gear- 700 to 800 dps.

*EDIT*

As for my rotation, I usually try to keep up Flourish Shot and the Armor debuff, then Charged Burst (with the buff when it is up), Trick Shot (Every time it is up) Speed shot, Sab charge, Aimed Shot, Flurry of Bolts (to conserve energy), then start repeating. I will also use the triple speed shot with an Aimed Shot and trick shot in the middle of the 3 speed shots.

I have also tried mixing in Flyby, leaving off the debuffs, etc. I usually try to save Cool Head for when I am going to miss a Trick Shot or Proc'd Aim Shot and I know it would put me under 60%.

Edited by cedarghost

Fresh 50 here. Hit today about two hours ago. I have yet to test my damage as a 50, but at 49 and below

I was. Most recently, at 49, my best sustained dps was around 820ish. My gear, at level 49, was up-to-date for about a level 46. Orange where appropriate except belt... I refuse to spend that much money. At 50, with my shiny new BM main hand weapon, I'm curious to see just how much better than 820 I'll get.

Spec: DF 2/6/33

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bZbsZGbbkrMGdGR.1

I highly recommend this site for your dps parses as well:

http://www.tortools.com/

EDIT: Testing was done on the lvl 40 dummy on Coruscant. (Where are the level 50 ones?)

Edited by ByeToWoW

Fresh 50 here. Hit today about two hours ago. I have yet to test my damage as a 50, but at 49 and below

I was. Most recently, at 49, my best sustained dps was around 820ish. My gear, at level 49, was up-to-date for about a level 46. Orange where appropriate except belt... I refuse to spend that much money. At 50, with my shiny new BM main hand weapon, I'm curious to see just how much better than 820 I'll get.

Spec: DF 2/6/33

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700bZbsZGbbkrMGdGR.1

I highly recommend this site for your dps parses as well:

http://www.tortools.com/

EDIT: Testing was done on the lvl 40 dummy on Coruscant. (Where are the level 50 ones?)

just wondering since you are DF are you not as ranged and doing more DPS cause people are saying that the DF is better for raids and ops so just wondering

spec - dps I did on dummy (knight and smuggler buff applied) - energy management (1 to 5, 1 is so bad, 5 is so good)

2/31/8 - 1376 - 5

2/8/31 - 1311 - 4

0/18/23 - 1285 - 2

31/5/5 - 1243 - 4

• I wear full Rakata.
  • Tryed many times, all these scores are bests among my trys with appointed spec.
  • All these fights are against operation target dummy and 10 min fights.
  • My original spec is Saboteur so it is normal for me that I may do more dps with it, so if you are originaly using another spec, you might do few more dps than I do with your spec, but I tryed my best, it shouldn't differ much...

Summary: Saboteur and Dirty Fighting is best for pve, stay away from Sharpshooter.

Edited by Kakachan

spec - dps I did on dummy (knight and smuggler buff applied) - energy management (1 to 5, 1 is so bad, 5 is so good)

2/31/8 - 1376 - 5

2/8/31 - 1311 - 4

0/18/23 - 1285 - 2

31/5/5 - 1243 - 4

Summary: Saboteur and Dirty Fighting is best for pve, stay away from Sharpshooter.

You have the parse logs for that?

What relics did you use?

Power or crit/surge?

Edited by Caucasiafro

just wondering since you are DF are you not as ranged and doing more DPS cause people are saying that the DF is better for raids and ops so just wondering

Gunslingers, regardless of specialization, are all ranged. I do have blaster whip if I really really wanted to use it... but there is really no point.

Regarding raids/ops: I don't do them. I do PvE so I can PvP. If I don't need to PvE in order to PvP, then I don't PvE. So far, I have yet to find a need to PvE to PvP in this game.

I have upgraded to the Recruit Earpiece, both Recruit Implants, and upgraded mainhand and offhand weapons to Battlemaster. I parsed a longish fight with the level 50 non-boss training dummy and managed to finish at ~970 dps. A significant upgrade from my level 49 parse of ~820ish. After crunching some numbers once the fight was over, I determined that my priority list of my "filler" attacks was a bit off. This could have been because of not having the final level-50 versions of the spells. Between Speed Shot, Aimed Shot, and Sabotage Charge, their damage per energy is rather close to each other.

SC=89.7dpe, SS=88.2dpe, AS=82.5dpe

For actual DPS, the numbers went like this:

SC=1195.3dps, SS=612.5dps, AS=515.4dps.

So, for now, until my gear changes again or my spec changes, and I run my numbers again to see if any one ability is scaling better than another, I try and use them in this priority list:

#1 SC

#2 SS

#3 AS

Interestingly enough, I also ran some tests regarding a debate which I had read about on the forums of Hemorrhaging Blast not affecting the bleed "ticks" of Wounding Shots. I can confirm that for me, HB is INDEED affecting my WS ticks. Not the actual damage of the weapon damage part, but the yellow ticks. The math however was not the 30% damage increase that the tool tips suggest, but hovering around the 18% mark overall. Meaning, my ticks were around 15%-20% stronger with HB applied before WS. I would have to assume that there is either an error in the mitigation of the target dummies, an error in my math, an error in my testing procedure, or that the ticks are affected by armor or some other mitigation.

I'd be happy to post some logs online if anyone can show me where/how to do it.

Currently using http://www.tortools.com

2/31/8 - 1376 - 5

2/8/31 - 1311 - 4

0/18/23 - 1285 - 2

31/5/5 - 1243 - 4

• I wear full Rakata.
  • Tryed many times, all these scores are bests among my trys with appointed spec.
  • All these fights are against operation target dummy and 10 min fights.
  • My original spec is Saboteur so it is normal for me that I may do more dps with it, so if you are originaly using another spec, you might do few more dps than I do with your spec, but I tryed my best, it shouldn't differ much...

I dont know what you re doing = 0/18/23 - 1285!

with 2/16/23:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...6ef2ef8e3f2e3:

Rotation:

Flourish Shot, Shrap Bomb, Vital Shot, Shock Charge, (Illegal Mods), Wounding Shots, Sabotage Charge, Speed Shot, Wounding Shot, Shrap Bomb, Vital Shot, Shock Charge, Wounding Shots, Speed Shot, Wounding Shots

....sometimes you need Flurry of Bolts or Cool Head to drop not below 60%!

I did 1450-1500 dps on operation-dummy and i have full rakata too!

Edited by ImKayI

Can the people posting here actually supply their parse logs, and a link to the exact spec they used and most importantly, what their stats were at the time. Just saying "full rakata" isn't helpful. Provide stats please. Edited by ZDProletariat

Can the people posting here actually supply their parse logs, and a link to the exact spec they used and mot importantly, what their stats were at the time. Just saying "full rakata" isn't helpful. Provide stats please.

This, im full rakata and im not getting anywhere near these numbers...

It's also important to note what kinds of buffs and consumables you're using. When testing my DPS on dummies I always go (only) smuggler buff, no adrenals, no stims, but yes relics (since it's a gearing choice what to use/not use).

It's also fair to point out that while SS is notably worse DPS on a boss dummy solo fight, it shows a far larger increase in an OP where there are more armor debuffs. My equally geared guildmate does between 1400 and 1500 dps as DF on a target dummy, while I average about 1200 as SS (with previously said restrictions), but in actual fights I'm often neck and neck (and often just above) him in overall damage done. Raid synched live MoX parser.

Edited by Synavix

It's also important to note what kinds of buffs and consumables you're using. When testing my DPS on dummies I always go (only) smuggler buff, no adrenals, no stims, but yes relics (since it's a gearing choice what to use/not use).

It's also fair to point out that while SS is notably worse DPS on a boss dummy solo fight, it shows a far larger increase in an OP where there are more armor debuffs. My equally geared guildmate does between 1400 and 1500 dps as DF on a target dummy, while I average about 1200 as SS (with previously said restrictions), but in actual fights I'm often neck and neck (and often just above) him in overall damage done. Raid synched live MoX parser.

You make a very good point. Because raid bosses have about 35% armor mitigation we do more damage the more armor reduction skills your party has applied. DF for the most part remains the same. Also SS gets bigger hits on crits on quickdraw, which we can't apply to the test dummies.

In my opinion, damage parsings are only relevant and valid if taken from an actual battle, not the test dummy. test dummy is for your rotation and energy management practice.

• 2 months later...
I used to run SS and I never went above 1300 dps. Since that time, I both upgraded my gear a little bit and changed to a SAB/DF hybrid and I pull 1600 DPS and above on the Boss dummy, and I pull 1550 with the same build in a boss fight.

What does your spec look like....what points in what tree and for what? I would love to continue to improve my dps (altho i only do PvE).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700G0rkrMhdZrI0bRob.2

Round 1: Flourish Shot, Shock Charge, Shrap Bomb, Vital Shot, Wounding Shot, Cover, Sabotage Charge, Aimed Shot, Exit Cover, Wounding Shot

Round 2: Shock Charge, Shrap Bomb, Vital Shot, Wounding Shot, Cover, Aimed Shot, Exit Cover, Flurry of Bolts, Flurry of Bolts, Wounding Shot

Repeat

Ensure that you get your energy regeneration skills in there as needed. You have mandatory skills in this rotation and you have optional fillers. Your optional fillers are that you use inbetween your Wounding Shots.The above is a good damage/energy ratio. If you are short on energy, start using Flurry of Bolts instead of Aimed Shot. Remeber that with your spec, your Sabotage Charge will regen your a ton of energy, use it whenever possible.

This is what I use on the Dummy. In a boss fight, you will need to use Quick Draw whenever possible and use Thermal Gernade on adds(a good example on when to use this are the mouse droids that spawn durring the Karagga fight or the adds on The Foreman Crusher). You need to keep in mind that the more dot crits that you have, the more energy that you get back. Crit is very important, you will need to be far above the soft cap to get a good energy return. The more energy you get back, the more skills that do more damage that you can put in, like XS Freighter Flyby. If you can manage your energy better, you can pull 1800 DPS with this, but it is very difficult. Start with this rotation and add as needed.

This has been very helpfull in both PvE and PvP.

This Build and Rotation has been brought to you by:

Captain Terrible and Captain Darkhawk

Omega Guard

The Harbinger

Edited by InflatableFriend

I second what Captain Terrible says, the first time I parsed a Boss dummy with this build I got 1770 DPS for 3+ mins. I do throw in XSFF on the dummy, but in real fights it is a little tough. I average around ~1650 DPS on dummy.. will see how it does in OPs tonight.

Darkhawk

Omega Guard

The Harbinger

I think as long as you can pull 1k a fight you are fine. Also dont go by the dummies. there are not real ops situations. having to move or gettting interupted really lowers dps. Usually the boss dieing is a good sign you had enough dps :)

Having to move or gettting interupted really lowers dps. Usually the boss dieing is a good sign you had enough dps :)

My old guild did not understand how dps is effected by moving.

And they most certainly did not feel that killing the boss is what mattered. I did EC HM several times; I was not the one dying. I was the one cranking out consistent dps.

My old guild did not understand how dps is effected by moving.

And they most certainly did not feel that killing the boss is what mattered. I did EC HM several times; I was not the one dying. I was the one cranking out consistent dps.

I believe to qoute is one persons tool is another persons weapon. DPS parser fit perfectly. Too many people just dont know how to adapt and learn to play different ways. I play both melee and range dps and the best advice i can give is know the patterns of the fights. nothing is more frustraing that haveing a channeled ability interupted by karaga .1 seconds after casting.

I dont go by the dummy, but I do use the dummy to know what my max potential is. Learning the fights are very important and the ability to get as close to my max potential is a constant effort. I have been able to pump out a constant 1200 on any boss fight, more on the more stationary bosses. With practice, I hope to raise that number to at least 1350.

Here is a DPS parse from KP Foreman crusher story mode:

http://www.torparse.com/a/4975/time/1343055082/1343055326

I removed the starting portion and the ending portion of the fight (for some unknown reason in the last minute, something happened that i started missing a lot of shots for no apparent reason, no accuracy debuff that i know of, especially from Foreman crusher.

DPS: 1492

The build was a PvP MM 35/3/3 build,(http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4000cZhZbsrrdRsRGR.2) with a lot of skills that did not contribute DPS for PvE (like reduced CD on legshot, siege bunker and so on..) I could have easily gotten extra ~ 8000 damage from orbital strikes alone.

If I had to criticize my rotation, then I say i was very terrible and clumsy at keeping Followthrough (trickshot) on cooldown (24 vs 40 for perfect rotation). I spammed quite a lot of rifle shots because i had only 100 energy max. I messed up with corrosive dart, this was my first try to incorporate it into normal rotation. I bet i lost quite a good chunk of DPS because of terrible skill rotation alone.

My gear is basically augmented blackhole with rakata main hand, offhand and 7-8 rakata mods in random pieces of armor. I used Campaign power relic and power adrenal.

My stats are 640 ranged bonus damage, 42% ranged crit chance, 41% tech crit chance, 77% surge both ranged and tech, 100% accuracy

So judging by all this, if I had a PvE tailored spec, MM or Leth, being more through in skill rotation i think i could beat 1600 DPS quite reliably.

I recommend Foreman Crusher as a DPS benchmark because this is one of the easiest bosses for DPS rotations, you dont have to move you can just sit and use your abilities.

Anyway, if you want to judge how good your SS or Leth rotation was, check the time delay between each of your FT (trickshot) for MM/SS or Cull(wounding shots) for Lethality/DF. You should always use these on cooldown.

Edited by NoTomorrow

I removed the starting portion and the ending portion of the fight (for some unknown reason in the last minute, something happened that i started missing a lot of shots for no apparent reason, no accuracy debuff that i know of, especially from Foreman crusher.

Just to add to this point. While Foreman Crusher himself does not have any accuracy debuff, the places where his rocks land will have smoke covering it. Moving into/pass this smoke will inflict a debuff that reduces accuracy and healing done - kinda like how Diversion works. This debuff works on Foreman Crusher himself too, so if he happens to move pass one of those smoke clouds while running about, he'll start to miss a lot.