Replace Recruit gear with Battlemaster

Herbertt

I think they need to bring back the valor requirement for the PVP gear or at least some type of requirement that says you have PVP'ed for this amount and can use this tier of PVP gear. This way people would actually see the value in getting the recruit set. Right now I think people are just skipping the recruit set because the BM pieces are so cheap to buy. Another way is to make the recruit set a requirement to get the BM set, like trading in recruit pieces plus war zone coms for a BM piece similar to the WH pieces.

Right now I think people are just skipping the recruit set because the BM pieces are so cheap to buy. Another way is to make the recruit set a requirement to get the BM set, like trading in recruit pieces plus war zone coms for a BM piece similar to the WH pieces.

I like this idea. I have seen quite a few people coming into warzones wearing full Columi or Rakata since 1.2 and its an absolute joke. They essentially hand the game to the opposite team because they are entirely useless. Any player with that level of PvE gear can afford recruit, so my only explanation for them is they think they can get carrier and skip to BM.

I'm of the opinion that in PvP all gear should be normalized. PvP should be about skill, not gear. So this would be a step towards that. However BW will never do it until there is yet another new tier of gear available. Gear grinds keep subscribers.

Normalization - Give the gear away, give everyone the same gear when they enter a WZ, etc. Never going to happen. This is an MMO and gear/character progression is a part of the fun for many people. PvP is Skill + Gear. If two people have equal gear then it is just skill (or class mechanics since there seem to be counter classes). If there is a gear difference and equal skill gear wins. If there is a gear difference but the lower geared player is more skilled then he/she has a chance.

Balancing all of this is the challenge. What stats should starter gear have so new 50s can contribute to a match? I think the Recruit gear is close to that.

People that don't want to buy the Recruit gear? Well that is a personal choice. Credit isn't that hard to make in this game. Maybe they don't understand just how gimped they'll be, even in Raiding gear, or maybe they just don't care. While I agree with the patch changes to give the losing team more rewards, it certainly won't help this problem.

Yeah I think the price should be re-evaluated. Gold sinks are good, necessary even, but this is not a good place to put one. Fresh 50's need the set to enjoy PvP, yet they are often the ones with the most trouble when it comes to credits. It's just not a good idea to remove money from where it is most needed instead of removing it from where there is a surplus of it.

So what happens is that a lot players don't buy the set and go into WZ's ungeared. After that they either ragequit or stick with it and cause losses for everyone. It's just not a good thing from anyone's perspective.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

300k is a pretty small amount of money, tbh - especially if one hasn't quit and re-subbed. I quit playing my 50, only dabbling on alts maybe once a week or two, since right around 1.1 and easily purchased max-level speeder, custom speeder, full starship upgrades, and a recruit set.

I've made around 150k since I came back (last friday), and have not completed a single non-pvp quest.

Money is easy to come by in this game.

As for recruit-battlemaster differences, I was in full recruit gear with 800ish Expetise. Full battlemaster gives right around 900-1k. It closes the gear gap entirely and lets you pvp just fine.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

300k is a pretty small amount of money, tbh - especially if one hasn't quit and re-subbed. I quit playing my 50, only dabbling on alts maybe once a week or two, since right around 1.1 and easily purchased max-level speeder, custom speeder, full starship upgrades, and a recruit set.

I've made around 150k since I came back (last friday), and have not completed a single non-pvp quest.

As for recruit-battlemaster differences, I was in full recruit gear with 800ish Expetise. Full battlemaster gives right around 900-1k. It closes the gear gap entirely and lets you pvp just fine.

I smell a troll.

Funny, I have had the opposite experience since dinging 50 less than a week ago. I spent all but 25k of my credits on recruit gear. Since then I have ONLY done PvP and now sit at 45k cool credits..........

Now, how much is that rank 3 speeder skill + speeder again??? Not to mention crew skills and gearing up for PvE....

Yup, I am making so much I made a alt to shoot the coins in the air as I recupe my health!!!!

Do you take the time to inform them about recruit sets??? They may be a fresh 50 and not know. 320k for the entire set, yet a lot of people don't pay attention to the forums/patch notes. Take the time say, "you do know you are a liability for the team with the gear you are wearing right???? You need to , after this match, go get yourself a full recruit set from the PvP vendor on fleet, not only will you be less of a liability, BUT you will have more fun in matches." And you might be surprised when they say "thanks, I had no idea." then you see them next match with full recruit on. Some people just don't know... its up to you to inform them.

When I see more than 2 people in greens with 12000 health i just leave the wz and que for another.

Truth bro. I've paid one particular sad case 2500creds a pitiful amount. with the comment "Go to the GTN buy yourself something nice. Just **** this wz."

Funnily enough he did.

Edited by Izshin

You can make 300k credits in 1.5-2 hours with any level 45-50 character by simply doing Boarding Party. How much easier do you want it to be?

Or running dailies on the planets you can easily make 200k in a hour, 2 hours if your not that good or take your time. Less time if you run with a group, not even counting the HM dailies you mentioned.

I knew it ould come, entitled gamers ftl.

If it would happen, then within 1 min next thread would come: " Replace recruit with warhero gear"

I'll quote myself from the previous page (post I was quoting got deleted so mine got deleted, but quotes of me did not get deleted):

Then lets break pvp down to i see you and do /played. This forces you to stop and do /played. If your time beats mine, I die. If it doesn't, you die. No need for all the special effects or keypresses, they just get in the way.

Pvp should be about the person behind the keyboard, not how long said person has been behind the keyboard.

In this game, gear is ENTIRELY a mechanic of time played. So why have gear? Why not just have a /played face-off? It's the same effect, far easier to balance, and you can wear whatever gear makes you feel pretty rather than the acid and/or opium-inspired designs of the endgame armor team.

Edited by Apocalypse-

If they want peeps to use recruit gear it should be made mandatory and a base requirement of actually being able to get into a fifty wf .. had no trouble with my main but my alt on the other hand who had been among the highest heals pre fifty was bullied out of his first 2 wfs less then an hour after turning fifty based on his gear (or lack of)

My main is doing ok on about 10million credits with gear and crap waiting for my alt. My alt on the other hand has less then 200k credits on him needing both pve and pvp gear. He has his bm weap and only needs a couple more wfs for the robe. I didnt farm credits on my alt knowing full well that credits and gear was on the way for him once transfers hit.

Recruits gear is not an official requirement anywhere and bullying is bad based on someones gear. Strikes me that noone pre fifty complained about other peeps gear pre fifty .. lvl 40 something happily played with lvl 12s and had fun doing it.

Come fifty peeps think its ok to turn into asses.

If peeps feel so strongly about gear requirement petition for it.. and dont bully

I for one will be haing a break till transfers so I can afford to pvp and pve ... so sick of questing and I dont want to poopsock for gear

Stopped reading around page 3....

1. Recruit gear full set is around 330K Credits.

2. Do your daily on corellia, belsavis and ilum to get (with loot) around 400K Credits... yay

3. who care which color of gear the recruit have? I've played 50 levels and got orange set with lvl 49/50 mods and the recruit gear had better stats. more than that for some reason repair a completly ruined set will cost you 700 credits top using recruit gear so why not?

4. Since last patch getting BM gear is damn easy.. do your daily and convert ranked into unranked com's to get 190 + 190 com's from the daily and the weekly. you get average of 80-90 com's per match (some you win and some you lose) but at the bottom line with a normal number of pvp matches this last week I've got gloves, boots and belt from the pvp set and right now I'm halfway to the "pants" parts.

should take me no more then 2-3 weeks of average playing to get full battlemaster set.