Purple crystal schematics in game or not?

Pigdaddy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a schematic but can´t tell you where it drops cause I got it from GTM.

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2888/wsjf4nrq_jpg.htm

For those wondering, this is an Expertise Crystal schematic, which we've already heard come from PvP crafting boxes.

The mystery remains - do Purple (and Cyan) PvE Crystals exist anymore outside of Columi-grade weapons, and if so, are they craftable as Bioware had promised?

From my understanding all colors were to be craftable (not all combos). I dont believe this includes all the stat variables we would like. So if we have an expertise purple available to us then they kinda have done what they said.

For those wondering, this is an Expertise Crystal schematic, which we've already heard come from PvP crafting boxes.

The mystery remains - do Purple (and Cyan) PvE Crystals exist anymore outside of Columi-grade weapons, and if so, are they craftable as Bioware had promised?

Do I need artifice to grab the schematics, or can I remain a Biochem?

That guy is talking about magenta, which do drop from tatooine/alderaan WB.

People need to understand that magenta and purple are 2 distinct colors.......

This thread is about PURPLE, not magenta!

Indeed. For the L31 schematic, I've had drops on Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa (+End and +Crit, respectively). Purple, as yet, remains a mystery.

Honestly, I'm surprised they don't just institute a synthesis device in with the matrix cube assembler where artifice folk could go and mesh crystal ingredients to get something different. I'd love a greenish-cored saber with a blue aura to it. Those who enjoyed KotOR 1&2 surely remember the lava crystals as well.

Honestly, I'm surprised they don't just institute a synthesis device in with the matrix cube assembler where artifice folk could go and mesh crystal ingredients to get something different. I'd love a greenish-cored saber with a blue aura to it. Those who enjoyed KotOR 1&2 surely remember the lava crystals as well.

Honestly, that'd be fantastic. As it is, BW completely negates crafting in this game (thought 1.2 was supposed to fix that) by offering all kinds of color crystal schematics (except cyan/purple/green it seems) from npc's on fleet or daily areas.

I'd love to see something like this implemented, give crafters an identity, the ability to offer something unique! Artifice has been a very disappointing crew skill.

Edited by AdamGe

I hope the resolution is a free purple color crystal to everyone with a letter of apology and the assurance that whoever decided purples should be impossible to get was fired -_-

They are not impossible. And they did have a purple crystal vendor for awhile.

They are not impossible. And they did have a purple crystal vendor for awhile.

Yes. That vendor should be returned to the game for a short period of time, so that those of us who want Purple PVE Crystals can get them.

Either that, or they should allow us to get Purple PvE Crystal Schematics from a vendor. :)

Yes. That vendor should be returned to the game for a short period of time, so that those of us who want Purple PVE Crystals can get them.

Either that, or they should allow us to get Purple PvE Crystal Schematics from a vendor. :)

Why? Just because noone has found the recipe yet and some people did not but a purple crystal when they had the chance?

I kept very close tabs on the purple crystals since they even mentioned the vendor. They said the schematic would be around to find. But never did they say it would be easy or common. They also made no bones about exactly when the vendor was going to disappear.

Smart people bought the crystal from the vendor when it was available. It was around for a couple of months so that would've given most people plenty of time to get the money to buy one. If you chose not to or chose to wait then you took a gamble and lost.

Myself, I bought one for my lvl 50 shadow and bought a few extra for my lowbies who are still leveling. My lvl 30 Guardian has one in her bank right now.

There is a saying out there among those who deal with customers, Piss poor planning on your part does not constitue an emergency on mine. I am sure that BW is probably thinking along those lines, though they would say it much more politely.

Myself, I think that all the color crystals should be reasonably obtained, including purple. I am frustrated that there has been no word on the schematic. But I planned ahead and have my crystals.

So man up and realise you missed your chance and quit asking BW to fix a non-existant problem by just handing you what you want. Eventually the purple schematics will be found and life will go on.

This is exactly the kind of response that I DON'T want to see (no offense)... the various vendor's that sell any kind of anything that should be available thru the different crew skills have ruined crafting. Couple that with the fact that crafting is too easy and you can see why the game economy is the way it is (well that and the seriously low pop servers).

I want to be able to craft and earn my crystals and schematics, not buy them. If people don't want to grind the resources/schems and instead want to buy their crystals, then those items should be available through crafters ONLY... NOT vendors...

BW said the schems would be in the game, it seems no one has found one yet and that has caused rampant speculation that the schems don't exist. They may well be in the game, we just need to find them.

Regardless, a firm confirmation from BW would be nice. IMO all the color crystal schems should be available and reasonably attainable (not too difficult/luck of the draw based & certainly not too easy either) and the various crystals should be attained thru the GTN from crafters ONLY... period.

Really happy to see the community come together on this. Let's keep the talk going and hopefully BW will pay attention (unlikely I know but still).

I will always maintain that from launch it should've been open selection.. non of this rare elitism crap because we all know how that ends. It alienates the greater community and makes those that do acquire them resented. They should've followed Kotor tradition and had it open season on base colours (red, green, blue, yellow, orange, white, purple, magenta). Make the black cores rare but the base colours should be free for all available.

Keep it going forum community and maybe the force will smite BW and we get better and smarter devs.

Really happy to see the community come together on this. Let's keep the talk going and hopefully BW will pay attention (unlikely I know but still).

I will always maintain that from launch it should've been open selection.. non of this rare elitism crap because we all know how that ends. It alienates the greater community and makes those that do acquire them resented. They should've followed Kotor tradition and had it open season on base colours (red, green, blue, yellow, orange, white, purple, magenta). Make the black cores rare but the base colours should be free for all available.

Keep it going forum community and maybe the force will smite BW and we get better and smarter devs.

To be honest, before I knew anything about the game, I had kind of envisioned certain planets having hidden quests in hard to find areas or secret caves where you could obtain various color crystals or the components to make various color crystals. Thought it would also be pretty cool if you could mix and match crystals and materials... make your own colors and perhaps even make some money that way by offering something unique.

Now, crafters are useless and anyone can just purchase most colors (except for the ones BW has chosen to make uber rare elite) from NPC vendors.

Edited by AdamGe