Would it be wrong to ask that Stealth takes +300% dmg

Ghamsar

their penalty is that they can't surprise you anymore and get the first attack in.

I understand this, but that only is a big deal for the acid blade opener.

They can blow their CD and restealth remember. Their IMO needs to be some type of drawback to being invisible,

Agreed. Great post, I would love to see this implemented to see what would happen to a deception speced assassin that gets pulled out of stealth. I can only imagine how long that fight would last. Edited by cycao

In this game you have to have eyes in the back of your head and far more awareness than any other class. People can easily see you in stealth if there facing youaround 10 meters out. An since this game has a rediculous amount of aoe going on you will be knocked out of stealth every now an than. Edited by Trineda
removed quote

They can blow their CD and restealth remember. Their IMO needs to be some type of drawback to being invisible,

really another nerf ops/scoundrel thread. 8k grav and demo rounds going off and you wanna complain about an opener that hits for maybe 4500 on a good crit let alone we cant even keep acid blade up as much as we did do to the nerf on BS.

You mean like being squishy or having no gap closer? Stealth breaks easily enough already. Are you really trying to argue that they can use a long cooldown move to restealth? What are they going to do for the next few minutes after that? You already get an advantage if you break them early from an opening. A damage increase to them would be simply insane.

when they are in stealth and get knocked out?

I think they should have a penalty for getting caught. Like +300% dmg for 3 secs after getting knocked out of stealth.

Take time to learn the stealth classes before making this post. Stealth is a form of gap closer very similar to force leap,force speed, a vanguard's charge, etc. Combat stealth operates on a huge c/d and ops/scoundrels do take increased damage when coming out of stealth (as far as I am aware). Their burst damage cannot be sustained and to successfully down someone 1v1 without taking much damage requires they blow through every c/d they have.

Shadows/Assassins are light armored classes and need to have some way to get in close before being cc'd, slowed, or stunned to give a ranged class the upper hand.

If I have a class try to unstealth and burst on me on either my sentinel or sage, I use every interrupt, cc, slow in the book to gain the upper hand. Knowing your enemy is the first step to overcoming them.

You mean like being squishy or having no gap closer? Stealth breaks easily enough already. Are you really trying to argue that they can use a long cooldown move to restealth? What are they going to do for the next few minutes after that? You already get an advantage if you break them early from an opening. A damage increase to them would be simply insane.

I played operative, we have the best stealth. AT BEST, You can only see them when they are in striking distance.

You have to be able to click on them and press an ability in a split second to break them before they get their ability off..which 99/100 won't work for you.

And even if it does, what happens next, stun, backstab, shiv, restealth, faceplant, lacerate,lacerate...dead

not to mention its not like the stealth in this game is worth crap. You can be seen 30meters away half the time. Feel free to read all the stealth is broken threads. Its not like WOW where you almost stand right next to someone and dance. With that said what OP is really saying is he is bad the pvp's and tired of getting owned by the most nerfed class in the game operatives.

I think they should have a penalty for getting caught. Like +300% dmg for 3 secs after getting knocked out of stealth.

They have that already lol, look at their damage mitigation compared to yours. Stealth is 99% of their total defense. And if they are a tank shadow, then they were never counting on sneaking up on per se, only on avoiding getting shot from range while they closed to melee.

I played operative, we have the best stealth. AT BEST, You can only see them when they are in striking distance.

You have to be able to click on them and press an ability in a split second to break them before they get their ability off..which 99/100 won't work for you.

And even if it does, what happens next, stun, backstab, shiv, restealth, faceplant, lacerate,lacerate...dead

this is completely untrue you clearly didnt play an Operative stop lying.

this is completely untrue you clearly didnt play an Operative stop lying.

what? I have played both Gunslinger and Concealment operative to level ~60 valor

How much dmg does Acid blade, Hidden strike, shiv, debilitate, Back stab, lacerate, lacerate...do?

any level 50 operative can get this off before the opponent can do anything (1 vs 1) most of the time.

If they are knocked out before, how much does this change? Just restealth and open again

They get no utility and no opener thats enough... But honestly I would kind of be down with this idea if the stealth mechanics worked better and there was an ability like WoW's distraction)?) The pebble throw turning ability.

thats bull, operative can still hit, they just can't take out ALL classes when they don't have their opener.

I can understand their thinking, you rely on something so much, you never have to learn any other way to play

If they are knocked out before, how much does this change? Just restealth and open again

Then what would be the point of the change?

On one hand, you want a "penalty for being caught" ... and on the other you're saying "stealthers never get caught anyway".

Sounds like you're thread title should have been "give gs/snipers scanning probes"?

"Clickers die in PvP. Film at 11".

Edited by SableShadow

LOL.... I ALWAYS stun stealthers to break their stealth. Stealth is the same for all stealth classes. You can specc to pick up 3 levels of stealth higher than your level. Operatives/Scoundrels just get the option to pick up the see stealth ability in the same tree unlike shadows/sins.

See stealther, tab, stun. Laugh as my team wrecks them.

The only reason Sins/Shadows are seen easier is because those players are tank spec and they don't have the 3 levels of higher stealth unless they gimped themselves just to get that perk. Deception/Infiltration are just as hard to see as operatives/scoundrels.

would be like if a heal spec healer casts spell which does dmg he gets 300% more dmg for 3 secs,caught doing dmg ^^

no realy losing stealth is a lot penalty.

tab on stealth doesn't work for me, is that something in the settings I have to change?

Use "target nearest enemy" and put it on its own button. I use a mouse thumb button ... the near one for "target enemy near" and the far one for "target friend near". Not perfect if you're in the scrum, but I'll wager you're usually off by yourself a bit, ranging in on the scrum, right?

Edited by SableShadow