Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New great site/forums

MrSchmo

"New" site is nice, but can't escape the feeling that TOR was released early in every way; this should have been the launch site, 1.2 should have been the launch patch with UI customisation, etc etc etc.

3 posts in and already a doom and gloom post.....

Let it go the game is here, 1.2 is here, and new shinny forums are here.

Indeed. Progress is a good thing. Lamenting the past is silly, and keeps you from enjoying the present.

Great work on the new site and forums, folks!

Looks okay, but it appears that Search has been severely nerfed. Where's the "Advanced Search" for the entire forum? All I can see is the simple global search, and "advanced search" within a specific thread. Edited by GymQuirk

70% of my guild have stopped playing, i;ve just cancelled our raids for the week and the only people who log are the PvPers who were hoping for Rated Warzones with 1.2.

Everything about this game is premature. It was booted out of the door at the very end of December to maintain the "2012" promise. Even the launch website came four months after launch; that's everything you need to know.

It's not doom and gloom, it's reality.

I like the look.

I HATE the new post icons though. Can't there be some type of color or something to make it easier to see what's new and what's not on a board?

This. It's very hard to tell which threads have new posts compared to which ones don't.

"New" site is nice, but can't escape the feeling that TOR was released early in every way; this should have been the launch site, 1.2 should have been the launch patch with UI customisation, etc etc etc.

Honestly, I'm happy they did it the way that they did. We were able to enjoy the game for 4 months, even if it is a bit bareboned, while they got to fix what they couldn't sort out. Now (and 1.3) will be adding back all those quality of life systems.

This. It's very hard to tell which threads have new posts compared to which ones don't.

Since they enabled color when hovering over a thread title for the whole row, that'd be super convienent if it was just an entire different color for a new post.

Yes nice. It even has a rate-the-thread area. (Would really like a "like" button for individual posts too)

and finally, you can click to the first unread post. I like that.

Now, I wonder, will it indicate which posts I have posted in? (yep, just checked it out, and it does! Hurray. With so many posts with similar titles and subjects, this has been needed for a long time!!)

Edited by Appletaz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.