Rated WZ Comm Grind for WH Gear - What a trip.

TurynRezius

I apologize if this has been posted already, but I crunched some numbers quickly and wanted to share:

The road towards WH gear is a long one, until they release Rated WZ's.

Total for War Hero gear set = 31475 Rated Comm + 800 WZ Comm

1 Rated Comm = 3 WZ Comm

Total for War Hero gear set = 95225 WZ Comm

Out of 33 matches, I averaged 62.36 Comms/match, thus:

Total for WH gear set = 1642 WZ Matches (rounding up)

Avg. Time / Match = 13min

Total Time for War Hero gear set = 14 days 19hr 46min

To give you some scale, my total play time is around 15days, and I have full BM (which not to mention you must have to even begin buying WH gear)

Granted, this estimate does not include the daily or weekly rewards of 99wz & 99rated / quest.

My point is this:

We need to know when we are going to get rated WZ's.

I see no point in grinding PvP for WZ comms at the moment, because the task is just far to large. I'm not threatening to quit or trying to start a flame thread, but I just want to show how grand of a task getting WH gear will be until we get the rated WZ's.

I apologize if this has been posted already, but I crunched some numbers quickly and wanted to share:

The road towards WH gear is a long one, until they release Rated WZ's.

Total for War Hero gear set = 31475 Rated Comm + 800 WZ Comm

1 Rated Comm = 3 WZ Comm

Total for War Hero gear set = 95225 WZ Comm

Out of 33 matches, I averaged 62.36 Comms/match, thus:

Total for WH gear set = 1642 WZ Matches (rounding up)

Avg. Time / Match = 13min

Total Time for War Hero gear set = 14 days 19hr 46min

To give you some scale, my total play time is around 15days, and I have full BM (which not to mention you must have to even begin buying WH gear)

Granted, this estimate does not include the daily or weekly rewards of 99wz & 99rated / quest.

My point is this:

We need to know when we are going to get rated WZ's.

I see no point in grinding PvP for WZ comms at the moment, because the task is just far to large. I'm not threatening to quit or trying to start a flame thread, but I just want to show how grand of a task getting WH gear will be until we get the rated WZ's.

You will know when they tell you, would you of rather them give you no out for you're WZ coms? and left you with just buying medpacs and adrenals?

seriously i don't even understand ppl some times...

Yeah, I guess BW doesn't really want ppl to get WH-gear yet without rated WZ in place, but couldn't simply take the gear out completely, so they dangle it in front of us like a donkey with a carrot tied to a stick. ^^'

But tbh, If I'm honest, I would get WH gear maybe even faster than I got BM, cuz I actually opened 100+ boxes and only took out 7 Tokens. :rolleyes:

So even if it's almost unreachable, at least it's not totally random, because I couldn't stand another 2+ months of opening box after box after box and nearly having to womit each time I would have nothing in it again.

96.000 Warzone Commedations?! - thats hillarious.

The only people left playing pvp in this game must me doing it for the sake of fun, not even real competition since there is no rated warzones in place.

I hope they´re going to release rated wz in the next couple of weeks (3-4).

You´re right. There is no point doing warzones for rated warzones commedations. Time invested over income is just too low. Gladly I´m still having fun in pvp.

I have ppl in my guild who already have wh mainhand + 1 armor piece. :confused: Just mad :confused:

Its not that far off what Bm gear cost in wz coms . 1 bm token = 4000 wz coms, weapon cost 3 tokens = 12000 coms) if you took out the random factor of a token drop from the daily/weekly box drops.

With the daily/weekly rated coms reward it probably comes out just ahead in grind time.

You people are like dogs begging for scraps. Why do you want rated minigames so bad? Go out and take over a starport. Lazy kids sitting waiting for a que to fight random people is just lame. Go out and start trouble, build rivalries with opp faction guilds, pvp for bragging rights.

I hate what mini games have done to modern mmos, they have no place in a supposed persistant world.

You people are like dogs begging for scraps. Why do you want rated minigames so bad? Go out and take over a starport. Lazy kids sitting waiting for a que to fight random people is just lame. Go out and start trouble, build rivalries with opp faction guilds, pvp for bragging rights.

I hate what mini games have done to modern mmos, they have no place in a supposed persistant world.

Well, I don't think the design team INTENDS for people to be picking up full War Hero yet. It was simply left in when they decided to postpone rateds so people could get a headstart while waiting for rateds to come. It's kinda silly, but meh =\

It's quite funny how always some PvX-Haters show up in the other forums just for some trolling.

But back to topic: It's definitely not good to balance the gear costs around ranked warzones, and then strip out the ranked warzones, but leaving the gear in without any adjustment.

People want some reward from playing the game, and currently the reward is far, far away if you have full BM gear. Even war hero gearbags (like the BM gearbags from pre 1.2) would be an advancement. And the weekly PvP mission reward should be raised, at least until the ranked warzones come in (why is it the same as the daily mission reward anyways?).

Why does it matter when rated WZs are coming out in regards to you grinding for the gear or not? Play the game, pvp as much as you want, get gear as you go. Are you afraid you are going to be facerolled if you don't pvp 20 hours a day for the next 3 weeks to get a full war hero set?

If the WH set wasn't in, I would be PVP'ing. They are there, and I am PVP'ing. If I get enough to pick up some pieces, cool, but I don't PVP for the gear grind.

I wish the PVP was less gear dependent, its not the carrot on the stick for me. I just enjoy the PVP.

Would do it with or without the WH set available.

If a full WH set is your goal, ya its a long way off. If PVP'ing is your goal, its right there already.

My 2 Cents Here.

I actually only learned of the fact that you could grind out the Comms today from my guildie in game. I did Warzones for about 5 Hours, and am now just sitting on the threshhold of having my first piece (i am also not completely BM geared, went a little slack after hitting Valor 70 (before the patch)) So all in all, if you take the time to do it, the rewards far surpass the grind. If we take 3 to 1, i ground probably 13000 commendations today, Currently sitting at 1500 (perhaps a little higher) Ranked Warzone Commendations after about 6 PM Pacific (including dailies)

Anyways, good luck out there with your PVP everyone!

Swäg, The Harbinger

Edited by Bombomelette

This is for Bombom. You sir are deluded. In 5 hrs of wz queing you would be lucky to complete 20-25 total matches considering most full games are at least 12min of PT with 2 min at the start downtime. Add que time to this equation and 4-5 matches an hour is what you get. Skilled high medal wins will yield 100-145 comms and losses considerably less 40-85. Add up possible comms with conceivable number of matches in a 5 hr session, being generous considering constant ques, and you get a range of a maximum of 3625 if you are god and always win and get 5 mvp votes and a minimum of 900ish comms if you just got your *** beat over and over. FOR YOU TO CLAIM 13k wz comms in 5hrs even with weekly and daily 198 rwz/198 wz is about as asinine a statement as I have seen on any thread EVER.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have posted your way to the noobtard wall of shame.