RELAX UPDATE 16.4.12 on warzone rewards etc issues.

Lord_Karsk

Hey folks,

There's been a lot of discussion about the changes to the Warzone rewards system in Game Update 1.2 and the type of play style that it encourages. I wanted to help out a bit and point out a major change not all players may have noticed and share some of our plans.

First of all, rest assured we are keeping a close watch on the results of our reward changes to Warzones in 1.2 and we will continue to pull constant metrics to make sure they are going in the right direction as players get used to the new rules.

To refresh everyone's memories, one of the most important aspects of the new changes is that your team's performance inside the Warzone has a direct impact on a portion of the rewards you are given at the end of the Warzone. Even if your team is losing, the closer you can make the game the better your rewards will be - so don't give up hope! Giving up and letting the other team 'win faster' is now the worst possible route you can take to rewards.

Secondly, one of the things we have already identified to fix is to reduce the minimum amount of medals a player must receive to gain any reward at all. Currently that value is three (3), and we are going to reduce that to only needing one (1) medal to gain rewards. This should make sure we cover that all important backfill player while still protecting against the freeloaders.

As we move forward, we will continue to meet and discuss other possible changes based on the feedback here on the Forums as well as the data coming in from the live servers. As always, we appreciate your comments and want to hear from you.

Hey folks,

Some follow up news from observations of play and feedback over the weekend. In the next couple of days we will be deploying a small patch that will address the following issues:

• As discussed, minimum medals to gain rewards will go from 3 to 1 to better reward those who are backfilled.
  • Warzones will once again be shutting down when population imbalance is detected. This was an unfortunate bug where a feature of Ranked Warzones (in full team play it is not desirable to let one team end the game prematurely by quitting out) was incorrectly implemented globally.
  • Completion of Warzones will gain a large increase in the percentage of rewards it represents, so while scoring is still the primary driver, you will cease to see games that give no rewards if players have a minimum of 1 medal earned.
  • We are extending the time we wait for a full team of eight to better make sure Warzones pop with complete teams.

A huge thank you to everyone who played this weekend and provided valuable feedback and analysis.

Even thou these were really bad changes i'm pretty sure they have

learned their lesson.

Now they just need to make sure we actually also get a few credits to live for as well.

And not to mention the TTK issue were people are dying way to fast in warzones.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they were bad ideas to go with on but think:

-Afkers were a problem

-Long queue times were a problem

-"Let them win" mentality was a problem

Sure Bioware had bad ideas to fix it but they tried and the fact they're changing it shows they listen somewhat.

I just feel sorry for all the new people they scared off... The queue's are slow again....

I must say, I been in a few matches in the solo queue and the amount of new players was good to see, but the bad part is the disparity in the match ups. So even when I worked my tail off doing my best never giving up, there has been a time or two I had Good damage, many kills and few deaths (in comparison to the rest of my team getting rolled on), I got 2 or less medals.

I started to look at the group make ups and inspect players for valor levels now. If they are all under 14K HP, I leave, dont want to even bother wasting my time.

Edited by Blloodbane

...we have some observations that were undoubtedly made on the PTS, but we neglected them prior to pushing the patch to the live servers. As it turns out our live servers seem far better suited for real time testing, sorry for the trouble...

./sarcasm

In other news. thanks for listening to the community.

I just don't get some of the other changes, like pack price increases and xp/ cash reductions.

Xp doesn't matter to the 50 bracket, but it sure as hell does when you're not there. I'm on my 6th toon now, and I just can't take Taris one more time...

Cash adjustments seem kinda odd too. I can get them not wanting to reward people for AFK'ing in a 50 match to grab the recruit gear without effort, but for those of us under the 50 bracket, this is just rough.

Sure, money can be made elsewhere and by other means, but I don't think folks should be forced to PvE to keep up with costs and xp. 1.0 rates might have been too high, but 1.1.5 seemed legit.

Liking the comms though. I am noticing folks giving it more effort, though I do see a lot of kill farming.

When are they fixing that healers get no reward for healing in WZ, unlike tanks and dps? When are they fixing that damage has been buffed, mitigation nerfed and healing heavily nerfed?

When are they fixing one AC being worth 2 or 3 of any other class, and giving marauders a nerf to bring them in line with others?

They aren't- so this is only a partial fix to the many problems that are making this game nothing but a dps- circle jerk.

good changes...

the problem is people are pissed off right now and I can tell because my formally "medium" population server is now totally dead and can't even fill one 8v8 50s WZ

This. Same here but I think there were 2 games running. There was one premade queuing and people were ragequitting after playing them nonstop and getting zero rewards. I switched to a low level character because there were way more people queued for 1-49.

...we have some observations that were undoubtedly made on the pts, but we neglected them prior to pushing the patch to the live servers. As it turns out our live servers seem far better suited for real time testing, sorry for the trouble...

./sarcasm

in other news. Thanks for listening to the billing department.

Fixed that for you.

When are they fixing that healers get no reward for healing in WZ, unlike tanks and dps? When are they fixing that damage has been buffed, mitigation nerfed and healing heavily nerfed?

When are they fixing one AC being worth 2 or 3 of any other class, and giving marauders a nerf to bring them in line with others?

They aren't- so this is only a partial fix to the many problems that are making this game nothing but a dps- circle jerk.

Ummm. DPS and Mitigation now completely cancel each other out. Healing is the only thing that gets a buff from expertise. Nothing needs to be changed here.

As a healer, I usually get the most medals as well.. What more do you want, we get kill medals just like DPS do now. Stop the QQ

I actually thought the rewards were ok. If it was a close match, you got more than if it was a blowout. And winning meant alot more rewards than losing.

I dont see a problem there.

Perfectly normal you don't see the issue since it's simply elsewhere... it's consumable prices!

No matter how much WZ I need to win/lose to obtain enough comms to pay gear, frankly... but if my WZ comms gain is in fact negative, winning or losing because I don't steamroll all day long as some others, that will be a real issue, and THAT IS WHAT IS BROKEN.

Another broken thing is the "fast win" medals not properly scaled for Civil war, winning 600-0 won't give "fast win" medals. It's a WZ you can win with 2 medals too in close games against a very tough team, they deal so much damage you never hit the 30" necessary to award you a defender medal, and you end up winning by pure strategy/gameplay and don't get any reward for that.

BTW, the 1-medal thing is stupid, just sit afk in your defensive area and bingo, you'll have a reward for not being afk... (well, not that afk but you take it)

Edited by JMCH

As a healer, I usually get the most medals as well.. What more do you want, we get kill medals just like DPS do now. Stop the QQ

After 1.2, I have never seen a merc healer get top medals unless they are running with a strong premade in BM or better gear. We are talking about the average healer -you know, the ones that make up 95% of the player base. While you may not care, it is obviously a big issue with people or we wouldn't have 1000 threads about it and few healers left playing WZ.

...i'm pretty sure they have learned their lesson.

What lesson? Over a decade in MMO's of what works and doesn't and this mediocrity is what the customers gets in SWTOR 1.2? Damage is done brother, hindsight is 20/20 and they haven't got a clue of what to do.

Even [though] these were really bad changes i'm pretty sure they have

learned their lesson.

Now they just need to make sure we actually also get a few credits to live for as well.

And not to mention the TTK issue were people are dying way [too] fast in warzones.

In what way exactly are these bad changes?

Edited by Visue

To refresh everyone's memories, one of the most important aspects of the new changes is that your team's performance inside the Warzone has a direct impact on a portion of the rewards you are given at the end of the Warzone. Even if your team is losing, the closer you can make the game the better your rewards will be - so don't give up hope! Giving up and letting the other team 'win faster' is now the worst possible route you can take to rewards.

So what your saying is your artificial mechanic to try and get people to play in and stay in a losing warzone remains and your are just making it less likely to get 0 rewards.

You can't make people play the game how you want them to play.

You haven't fixed anything here.

You don't know what you are doing in your own game.

After 1.2, I have never seen a merc healer get top medals unless they are running with a strong premade in BM or better gear. We are talking about the average healer -you know, the ones that make up 95% of the player base. While you may not care, it is obviously a big issue with people or we wouldn't have 1000 threads about it and few healers left playing WZ.

I always heal I get:

2.5K Heal medal

5K Heal medal

75K heal medal

80% of the time I get:

2.5K damage

75K damage

300K heal

1K defense

10 Kills

25 Kills

60% of the time I get:

5K defense

1 solo kill

1 quick draw

Medals aren't hard for a healer to get. I pug 95% of the time.

I think this perfectly exemplifies why the game will live on. The patch dropped thursday, there was feedback from the players, and here's an update to the same patch 4 days later!!! If any of you played WoW when it dropped you know that when a patch came out it was going to be unplayable for at least a week, then several months before the stuff that got broken was fixed.

That being said, cross server and rated PvP can't get here fast enough :)

Edited by nellosmomishot

Ummm. DPS and Mitigation now completely cancel each other out. Healing is the only thing that gets a buff from expertise. Nothing needs to be changed here.

Um, untrue. Check your Expertise stats. Damage now gets a larger boost than mitigation, for a net increase in PvP damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.