GTX 580 owners, What is your average FPS?

Drayoc

I just purchased the Nvidia GTX 580 and I'm surprised that I still get about 30-20 FPS in WZ's and when its very crowded on the fleet. I didn't know if it was a problem with the card or with my system or just with the game.

I have an Intel i5-2500k and 8Gigs of RAM.

Can anyone who has the GTX 580 tell me if they have similar a experience?

I am using two gtx 570's in sli with an i7 960. Sli 570's benchmark very similarly to a 580. I range anywhere from 20-110fps on the fleet depending on the area and how crowded it is. In warzones I sit around 40-60. So pretty similar to you, mostly just the game engine. I wouldn't worry to much.

CPU: i7-940

RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600

Video: GTX 580

Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

Resolution: 1900x1200

EDIT: Oh, and all in game settings are at high/100%/very high

90-150 fps normally, 60-100 in WZs

Maybe it's the SSD?

Edited by Tobytl

WTH? Something is definitely wrong with your computer.

I doubt it.

i7 950,

24gb DDR3-1600 G.Skill

2x GTX 580's

I'd say the game is coded crappy.

not enough internal testing with a varsity of hardware.

And btw, thats not constant. Thats in scenes with a lot of AOE, and animations going at once.

I get avg. 20-60 with vsync on depending on where I'm at.

Wow. I wouldn't blame the gpu so fast. I have a GT 525M on a Dell XPS notebook and I'm getting upwards of 30-40+ fps. Might want to check your router/isp. On my 'real' computer with dual ati HD 5670 cards and still get 40+ fps.

I think people put way too much emphasis on their gpu and underestimate the thresholds of the rest of the equipment on their rigs and the limitations of their ISP.

This game runs terrible with SLi/Xfire.

Run a single card and OC it and you'll notice a huge difference.

This game is like 90% cpu anyway. I still pull 70+ fps everywhere (40+ in raids) with everything on high except for shadows (low) on my other machine which is rocking a i5-2500k/8gb DDR3/HD5750. That card is terrible.

I just purchased the Nvidia GTX 580 and I'm surprised that I still get about 30-20 FPS in WZ's and when its very crowded on the fleet. I didn't know if it was a problem with the card or with my system or just with the game.

I have an Intel i5-2500k and 8Gigs of RAM.

Can anyone who has the GTX 580 tell me if they have similar a experience?

I have a similar system. 16 Gigs of RAM (OCZ, 1600s mildly OC'd). I have a GTX560, mildly overclocked (like 5%).

Occasional lag/slowness in warzones, but it's rare. I wish the FPS numbers were bigger, I'll have to check myself tonight on Candorous Ordo fleet.

I've heard FPS complaints, all I know is I have very little issue playing the game *shrug*. I PvP about an hour to 90 minutes a night. Quest the rest.

Edited by islander

Intel Core i7 980 Extreme 6C (3.6GHz, 12 MB cache)

6 GB Tripple Channel 1333 MHz DDR3

Nvidia GeForce GTX580

Most of the time running 40-80 fps, sometimes more, only rarely below 40

Running everything on max settings

Edited by Evensong

my old GTX280 was getting around 110FPS before the patch. That card died and I got a GT 520 series (not GTX :( can't afford it back then) running average 60fps on low setting.

my wife does have a GTX 560 and run everything on high (except no shadow) and blazing at 110 on average.

note: both of us are running Window 7 64bit ultimate.

my old GTX280 was getting around 110FPS before the patch. That card died and I got a GT 520 series (not GTX :( can't afford it back then) running average 60fps on low setting.

my wife does have a GTX 560 and run everything on high (except no shadow) and blazing at 110 on average.

note: both of us are running Window 7 64bit ultimate.

nod, I run with shadows on/high 24/7.

I should try them off in warzones. I suspect that'd eliminate all of the minimal slowness I get.

nod, I run with shadows on/high 24/7.

I should try them off in warzones. I suspect that'd eliminate all of the minimal slowness I get.

Shadow is good an all, but man it is a FPS hog. I turn it off early and keep everything high (on my old GTX280) and it nice and smooth.

It is the engine's fault :)

Shadow is good an all, but man it is a FPS hog. I turn it off early and keep everything high (on my old GTX280) and it nice and smooth.

With shadows on, I was a steady 40-45 FPS in a relative packed area of the fleet (I tried the fleet pass point, and the pvp terminal point).

With shadows off, it popped into the 60's. Again, this is just a single GTX260, not 280 which should be a bit better.

I don't doubt there's game issues with FPS, I just believe they are pretty badly overblown. You want to see a client with real issues? Try the latest Hellgate Global for a night ;)

Game is coded crappy,

so its gonna act crappy.

Running 2x SLI GTX 580's and I still get 14fps in 16-man raids...

If the problem were the code then everybody without exception would have the same problem as you. Since not everybody is experiencing the same problem as you, including myself (40-80 fps in WZ, 60-100 fps elsewhere) then the problem resides on your computer or your network connection.

That's simple tech support 101.

Hmmm I don't think it is the ISP because even when I take my system over to a friends house, with a different ISP, I get the same FPS. I don't see how it could be the SSD. I think that It might be the fact that I have an i5 and not and i7, and this game happens to be CPU intensive.

To be a little more clear, I get about 80-90 FPS on planets and on the fleet in areas like the Combat Training area I get anywhere from 25-60 FPS depending on the pop of the server at the time. I'm on Daragon Trail and on the Imp fleet about 60 of them all huddled together to infect each other with the Rahkgould plauge and when I'm standing near all of them it drops to like 15, but I'd expect that...

I'm still curious to see the FPS that others are getting.

Why are you people blaming the engine?

I5-750 @ 4ghz

8Gigs Coursair Dominator ram

XFX 6970 2gig card

Everything Maxed including the new texture options.

1920x1080

80-110fps nonstop

Something is wrong with some of yours hardware. My machine is a midspec machine imo and it tears this game up.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this before now, but what resolution you're running the game in has a heck of a lot to do with your framerate.

I have an I7 core, 8gigs of ram and a 480 GTX, all game settings on High, and I average 20-50 FPS depending on what I'm doing. However, I'm running at 1920 x 1200 on one monitor in a dual monitor setup. If I was running a single monitor, or at a lower resolution or both, I'd see dramatically higher FPS numbers.

When comparing things like this, always try to make sure you're not doing an apples-to-oranges comparison. Otherwise, you're going to get all kinds of confilcting results.

If the problem were the code then everybody without exception would have the same problem as you. Since not everybody is experiencing the same problem as you, including myself (40-80 fps in WZ, 60-100 fps elsewhere) then the problem resides on your computer or your network connection.

That's simple tech support 101.

If internet connection affects FPS some dev should definitely be fired. But something is wrong with the engine for sure.

Check out the video.

Edited by Satanski

Why are you people blaming the engine?

I5-750 @ 4ghz

8Gigs Coursair Dominator ram

XFX 6970 2gig card

Everything Maxed including the new texture options.

1920x1080

80-110fps nonstop

Something is wrong with some of yours hardware. My machine is a midspec machine imo and it tears this game up.

Agreed, you laugh but this old rig is doing just as good or even better than you new hardware geeks

FX-60 (liquid cooled, stock timings)

4 Gig DDR2

9800 GTX SLI (latest drivers)

Windows 7 Ultimate (latest updates - tweaked for performance and remove fluff)

Creative X-Fi Titanium (latest drivers)

Twin Raptor 32Gig drives RAID-0 (OS)

Twin Raptor 150Gig drives RAID-0 (games)

edit: 1K power supply. - this here is the biggest issue for those that have slow frame rates and the most overlooked performance part in a built system. if you are SLI you will need at least an 800 watt PSU to feed those thirst GPUs

Graphic settings via Nvidia ctrl pnl - All ON and set for max quality

Resolution 1680x1050 (restricted by monitor)

Game settings: All maxed and On

steady 80 FPS via FRAPS

turn off shadows, vsync, and Shaders and watch the Frame Rates jump to over 130

this rig cost me $3K back in 2004 and I've only upgraded the sound and video cards since then. OK, i have slower loading times...time to make a drink between worlds :p

How does your rig compare?

It always out performs my M17X (2 years old).

Intel Core2 Extreme Quad QX9300 2.53GHz (12MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz 2 x 4096MB

SLI Dual 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce (NB10E-GTX1)

512GB (256GB x 2) Solid State Drive - RAID 0

Resolution is 1920x1200

Nvidia settings are On and set for quality

What a waste of $6K. :eek:

But it does a steady at 60 FPS. Then turn off Shadows, Vsynce, and Shaders and its 110 FPS

my conclusion? if you spent more than a grand on a system to play SWTOR, you wasted it all. for under a grand you could put together old hardware that will run SWTOR just fine.

its funny to read all the complaints from high dollar system owners about poor performance when an FX-60 and 9800 GTX rig can meet or beat your actual gamelay frame rates. Crysis anyone?

Edited by Liquor

I've got 1x 580GTX w/ 24GB of ram @ 1600 MHz and an intel i7-975ee processor. On average in warzones I get about 50-60 FPS, repub fleet is up around the 100 range with ~15 people around me.

If there's more than about 50 people on my screen it drops to the 30 mark and with 50+ it goes down to jittery especially back on ilum when 100 people were there all casting AOE's.

So for now, no less than 50 fps no matter where I go where it really matters, and everything is set to high running at 1920x1080 resolution.

Edited by Crimsonyoshi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.