Remove the rakghoul plague now

Warzones are currently an almost guaranteed exposure. You can be on your ship never able to be around anyone infected, but if you go into a warzone, you will be.

I call BS here.

I am sorry, but the only way to get infected is to have someone explode on you. for someone to explode they need to be infected 20 to 30 minutes (forgot actual time). The odds someone will time out their explosion on a group while using random pvp queing is ridiculously low.

The risk is there, yes. But again, world event, something that is a huge part of MMO gaming.

If you do not want to be apart of the World Event the responsibility is on you the player, not the community, to take the precaution of avoiding it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are partaking in the event, but complaining about the event?

Stay off Tat. You don't deserve the awesome PvP there. It's directly related to this event.

Oh, it's OK. After one day of it, the awesome PvP already went away and made Open World PvP worse than it was in the first place, as now Imps and Pubs stand next to each other and all but hug instead of fighting...

QQ

Let's see. Take s a whole 10 seconds to jump down in a whole and respawn at the medic stand.

Wow.... QQ me a river please....

Another well thought out response ... :rolleyes:

That solution is only viable in a particular place. This does not apply if you are getting infected other than on Tat and are in the zone.

People are getting grieffed with this on other planets now. :rolleyes:

Why can't I just die and get rid of it instead of buying the silly vaccine besides exploding.

Lol...because that would be too simple. Instead they injected a stim which makes you buy it even if you donot want to get involved with the event. It is not that the events like this should'nt be happening in the game, they should. But they need to be designed so as not to effect those who wish to avoid it if they want to. And donot say."well..stay away from the Fleet or Tatoonie" Those happen to be places a lot of players need to go to. Having several infected players camping near a choke point so as to infect others...is just plain dumb.

should be a quarantine area as soon as u get onto the fleet - auto curing the infected problem solved. anyone that wants to grief / pass the plague on can do it on other zones easy enough

to the person moaning about zombies and undead in WoW LOL what u expect .. a whole race of undead and no zombies.. pfhttt

No, using a single vaccine is not going to cut it... that still leaves you at risk for the plague.

They don't stack....not that I've ever seen.

And I've never seen anyone infected after taking a vaccine and leaving the buff on.

Really...the arguments are getting a little silly.

I've said on multiple occasions that I've played the event. I think it is fun.

I think the plague, which extends across the galaxy, is irritating and stupidly implemented.

I also, btw, think its less fun trying to do the event when groups won't even get together to raid the bosses because they want to stand around and explode on each other.

You're right. Unfortunately, they haven't figure out how to make the plague perm-delete characters who spend all day complaining about it. It is great at enraging an (un)elite few who then chain-post on the forums trying to get rid of it.

Here's a hint: Those people don't want to raid your bosses anyway. They find standing around exploding on each other more productive than listening to you.

Think about that. Your company and activity is less of a social benefit to these people than being infected with virulent virtual plagues and exploding like a lanced boil. Think about it twice. Maybe for a long while.

Then get over yourself and adapt to the game while the event is running. You'll get much more done.

First, I think it's closer to 30%.

Second, every major company will spend millions to get that extra 4%, because it's worth hundreds of millions.

First, you have no numbers to go on and 30% seems to be quite high.

Second, talk to an actuary, 4% isn't worth going after statistically given the circumstances. The payoff isn't going to be in the millions over this, not even close. Very few 'quitters' are actually going to quit over this. It's a proven formula, it's a minor irritation that will be quickly forgotten. Typically this type of event runs it's course out in the first couple of days and then everyone pretty much goes back to what they were doing.

Stop omitting major facts to support your whining.

If you repeatedly do Warzones, you may be infected by enemy players... but big deal, since you lose the plague on death? And during PvP, you die, you will never keep the plague long enough to die from it or even just get green fog.

As I said, you make a mountain out of a molehill in order to try to force Bioware to change an event the majority enjoys.

You have put words into my mouth in virtually every post you've made towards me. Please be more considerate! I've never once said that I want BW to change a thing. I have simply expressed my personal displeasure with the state of things.

When you go into a warzone, you die. When you die, the vaccine wears off. When it wears off, you either need to get a new one or get infected.

Really, from all of the discussions we've had about this, you'd think that none of the people who like this plague have ever actually qued for a warzone before!

Have you seen my rakghoul? I know it's here somewhere.

I don't know why when I rezz then I kept Feverish.....

but that is most annoying part is that I couldn't just die and get rid of it to a mob.

I honestly don't know why either. Might /bug it.

When I've been infected, every time I croak, poof, no longer infected.

I call BS here.

I am sorry, but the only way to get infected is to have someone explode on you. for someone to explode they need to be infected 20 to 30 minutes (forgot actual time). The odds someone will time out their explosion on a group while using random pvp queing is ridiculously low.

The risk is there, yes. But again, world event, something that is a huge part of MMO gaming.

If you do not want to be apart of the World Event the responsibility is on you the player, not the community, to take the precaution of avoiding it.

Incorrect. If you kill or are near a person who is killed who is infected, you run a risk of becoming infected as well.

I don't know why when I rezz then I kept Feverish.....

but that is most annoying part is that I couldn't just die and get rid of it to a mob.

Tes...if you died and it never took the buff off you....you're probably bugged.

I'd submit a ticket...seriously.

Sometimes the virus bugs out if you zone while you're sick and it sticks in one phase. I can only assume that a bug would persist through death as well.

Really, from all of the discussions we've had about this, you'd think that none of the people who like this plague have ever actually qued for a warzone before!
either that or they're just being disingenuous.

No, they could be like me and just not be logging in until the event is done.

Oh I doubt there are that many taking such a radical stance. We had 150 in fleet last night and nearly 100 on Tat. doing the quests. Having not seen numbers that high in several weeks I would say it is a grand success.