Remove the rakghoul plague now

Of course, BW, our patronage doesn't matter to you after all, now does it? Only those who like the plague are good, valued customers whose opinions should be taken into consideration!

/sarcasm.

If I run a Restaurant, and there are the 2 same persons always complaining the food is bad while the 50+ other people regularly coming to east are very satisfied and praise my cooking, I will easily draw my conclusions and change nothing in the way I run my business.

Same is true for any business involving "serving the mass", including a MMORPG.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just want to check what is the annoying part? Getting infected, ok, cool, I understand. It is probably a pain for those that want no part in it.

Too many people on fleet creating lag? Are you serious?!! All of the crying and bellyaching for server merges or transfers, "my server pop is dead", "this game is dying", garbage and your complaining now because there are too many people logging on? Come on guys.

too many (in the context of creating lag) is a pretty tiny number for this game.

I got lag in the bazaar in EQ, but that's because there was ~1000 people in a fairly small zone.

Edited by ferroz

I am sad I took the temporary antidote, I didnt realize blowing up would give me 5 dna samples. I let my alt die over and over as I have tokens and pets to buy

FYI I LOVE LOVE LOVE this event, please do more in the future

Edited by ilaria

If I run a Restaurant, and there are the 2 same persons always complaining the food is bad while the 50+ other people regularly coming to east are very satisfied and praise my cooking, I will easily draw my conclusions and change nothing in the way I run my business.

Same is true for any business involving "serving the mass", including a MMORPG.

For a company "serving the masses," 2/52 is 4%. 4% is millions and millions of dollars. I think BW cares about that.

In any case, the number is far greater than 4%, whether you choose to accept that or not.

Why don't people understand that, when you die, the vaccine goes away, and its another 2k? If you like to PvP, this means you'll spend tens of thousands on the stuff.

If you're dying that many times then you don't need the vaccine.. Why don't you understand this?

If you don't want to be infected then don't go to Tattooine and do the quests.

you are just being awkward tbh for apparently no other reason then to just whine

Edited by corbanite

Honestly, I have never seen so much whine and tears over a piddly little event.

My god, how did you people survive the days of experience loss and corpse runs...

Or were you not around for them? :p

I played EQ 1 I remember evenings of nothing but corps runs and net negative leveling.

I didn't like it then but, at the time EQ was the only MMORPG I knew about. Also it was the only one that my irl friends were playing.

I don't think games should be work. I have a JOB to do that. Games are for leisure.

This "event" is nothing more than the failed plague event of WoW repackaged. I hated that event too.

If you're dying that many times then you don't need the vaccine..
Yes I do. Why don't you understand this?

Don't you mean "don't go anywhere near fleet"?

or play on tython leveling a newbie jedi?

Edited by ferroz

Why don't people understand that, when you die, the vaccine goes away, and its another 2k? If you like to PvP, this means you'll spend tens of thousands on the stuff.

My problem with the whole thing is that it's just implemented poorly. There was definitely a way to keep this event interesting without being able to explode on to other players. As much as people enjoy making fun of others with various statements of "quit being a baby" or "this is fun and you don't know it", when you have folks intentionally sitting in zone-in spots or chasing down low levels on the Fleet to explode on them, you know you did something wrong.

It's not the end of the world, no, but it was lazily designed without much thought to how it might be abused.

Honestly, I have never seen so much whine and tears over a piddly little event.

My god, how did you people survive the days of experience loss and corpse runs...

Or were you not around for them? :p

I actually would not have any issues with that. That is how UO was set up and in some ways...was the best MMO ever. That would be a issue with a game mechanic which you knew up front is in the game before you buy it...not one which is injected later.

This! ^

:mad:

Yes and they slamed that repeat thread shut like a screen door in a tornado. Btw..these events are'nt all misery...you may feel free to hold and keep that view if you wish...however I disagree and as such you and I will have to agree to disagree.

If you're dying that many times then you don't need the vaccine.. Why don't you understand this?

I want to do warzones. If I do warzones, I will get infected. I refuse to be infected out of principle, protest, roleplaying, and not wanting to be unbreakably stunned at a crucial moment in a warzone.

Of course, BW, our patronage doesn't matter to you after all, now does it? Only those who like the plague are good, valued customers whose opinions should be taken into consideration!

/sarcasm.

Awww, c'mon, Skolops. :( There are a lot of things I'm not nuts about in this game. I would love to see them changed but I know it's a matter of going with what works best for the majority. If I find myself in a minority position (in a game), I either politely suggest (okay, sometimes beg) that a change be made or I decide whether it's a big enough deal for me to let it ruin the rest of the game.

BW CANNOT please everyone. No way (THEY would explode tryin') but events don't last forever, a lot of folks are enjoying it and it can, reasonably, be avoided.

Who knows, maybe the next event will be something YOU love and others hate. Could happen. :)

My problem with the whole thing is that it's just implemented poorly. There was definitely a way to keep this event interesting without being able to explode on to other players. As much as people enjoy making fun of others with various statements of "quit being a baby" or "this is fun and you don't know it", when you have folks intentionally sitting in zone-in spots or chasing down low levels on the Fleet to explode on them, you know you did something wrong.

It's not the end of the world, no, but it was lazily designed without much thought to how it might be abused.

Agreed completely.

For a company "serving the masses," 2/52 is 4%. 4% is millions and millions of dollars. I think BW cares about that.

In any case, the number is far greater than 4%, whether you choose to accept that or not.

4% is statistically anomalous and can be disregarded.

Alot of people think we want the even to be 100% removed.

I just want it off of the fleet. That would be last place to be infected, and the capitals cities right around that spot.

Why can't Lokin stop this, or treat it he does fine on himself?

Why aren't the infected flagged for all to kill?

There is a number of issues with it story-wise.

My complaint however lies with the infection in the fleet. Make the Fleet more secure instead of feeling like it could be ran over by a level 10. (The only gaurds I see attack people are level 12 normals.)

BW CANNOT please everyone. No way (THEY would explode tryin') but events don't last forever, a lot of folks are enjoying it and it can, reasonably, be avoided.
If they have to pick a group to not please, they should always avoid pleasing the griefers. Even if they're in the majority.

It's still you and your few other same friends whining, everyone else is happy - but please keep on believing you're some kind of majority. If you were, the complains in game (notably in the fleet) would be awful - and yet there are NO complains at all. The only complains come from... surprise... the same couple of bored forum posters.

And yeah, if the choice is keep doing what you do and satisfy 96% of your customers or change it and risk to piss them of just to satisfy a minority that will whine no matter what you do anyway, then the choice is easy... you say to the 4% "please, be my guest, go eat at another restaurant", and you keep your loyal customer base happy.

Yes I do. Why don't you understand this?

Don't you mean "don't go anywhere near fleet"?

or play on tython leveling a newbie jedi?

Not to mention, from what I am hearing from the news on fleet, this is going to spread elsewhere. It will not be a case of "avoid Tatooine and you're fine." It will be a case of people trying to fight the Avatar of Sel Makor on Voss only to die from the rakghoul plague that they didn't notice until they'd walked all the way into the nightmare lands without a vaccine and can't do anything about it.

You do not need to PVP on the fleet. Chances are if you are questing, you will never run into someone infected (unless your on tatooine).

Again this is a world event... a staple in the MMO genre, that keeps the game fresh and fun. Not everyone will enjoy it, but they give you and out. It costs 2k, that is beyond cheap.

The only person who will not be able to use it properly is your classic PVP only player... and honestly its their own fault if they are popping vaccines like candy when they could just go pvp from their ship.

For the same reasons some can laugh at others who are having a hard time with something...while others will comfort them instead. It is all a matter of perspective.

We are not talking about falling and breaking an arm here. We are talking about a known world event that places a known debuf on you and has a known cause and effect. I am not sure if you were talking about a real life comparison to the game or not... I just do not see the reason for the calamity here.

For me, it was even fun escaping fleet on my guildies ship... then landing on Tatooine and having to fight my way out of the space port (only level 17) so it was... fun. Although, we never did find anyone interested in the DNA samples, we have some.

I am sorry others are not enjoying it...