Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

cosmasterkiller

Ok, cool. Thanks for the info on that one. I'll have to try it with my guaridan then, see if she gets it.

I can also vouch for that. You get the quest by getting a drop off the infected sand people while trying to get their wraps. Once you pick it up, the daily quest auto-starts

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can also vouch for that. You get the quest by getting a drop off the infected sand people while trying to get their wraps. Once you pick it up, the daily quest auto-starts

Cool. I meant I'll try with my Guardian though, because she only did the new gloves quest yesterday - see if you have to do every single quest every day, or just the "new one" that appears to proceed with the line.

I ran three characters last night and two of them couldn't pick up the passenger list quest.

• The first was infected and entered the area in a group with one other person. My groupmate was able to pick it up but not me
  • The 2nd entered the area and was able to pick it up.
  • The third also was denied.

Others have also reported the problem.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Can you pick it up if infected? Is it level based?

I think I just figured this out. My 2nd character had COMPLETED the "Tracking the Origin" quest the day before. My other characters WERE ON the quest when they entered the crash area. Tracking the Origin must be the prerequisite for the Monday daily. I bet the same is true for today's daily. You won't get it if you didn't complete Monday's daily. My conclusion is you need to do have completed the previous day's daily to get the next one.

EDIT: After furthur discussion, it appears that Blood Sample is the Pre Req. To put it simply, you can't get all the orange gear at once. You need to obtain each piece in order with each being the pre req for the next.

Edited by Owsley

Cool. I meant I'll try with my Guardian though, because she only did the new gloves quest yesterday - see if you have to do every single quest every day, or just the "new one" that appears to proceed with the line.

Why not just go on and do them everyday. Not like they are extremely difficult and the XP / Legacy XP and Credits alone are given out like candy. Also, you still get the DNA samples. And blowing up is a 0 credit repair bill. And from what I've seen, you have to have completeld the previous days daily quest, to get the next in the cycle. Someone couldn't get the jawa one earlier until they completed the previous days daily. Happened to a few people on my server, though it could just be a bug (I got bugged with the quest not updating today).

OK I see some of you are still trying to start the fragement quest (tracking the origin). The majority of guides on how to start it are for Empire, so here is how you start the fragment quest for Republic (I'm doing this out of game from memory so don't have exact coordinates).

1. Goto Tatooine and exit to Anchorhead.

2. When you are leaving the Space port, you will see the TV's, click on one of them to get the "Informed" Buff.

3. After watching the TV's, head to your left and follow the path. If you look down an alley on your left, you will see a pod crashed into the wall. Click on it to watch the Rhakghoul escape. This gives you your "Attacked" Buff.

4. Around the Cantina is where you will find the "Exposed" buff (near the back entrance of the cantina).

5. Once you have all 3 buffs, they will combine into 1 single buff called "On The Trail" (lasts 60 minutes +10 elemental buff).

6. Once you have the 60 min. buff, head to the speeder pad. To the right you will notice a tent area. Click on the Supplies and you will get the quest "Tracking the origin"

Remember that the fragments are in both Republic and Empire Territory. The fragment locations are the exact same for Republic and Empire players. As are the dailies. So be cautious esp. if you get flagged for PvP. The spawned mobs (for the dailies) are linked to your level. So level 30, you get lvl 30 mobs. lvl 50, you get lvl 50 mobs.

Edited by rhirne

I think I just figured this out. My 2nd character had COMPLETED the "Tracking the Origin" quest the day before. My other characters WERE ON the quest when they entered the crash area. Tracking the Origin must be the prerequisite for the Monday daily. I bet the same is true for today's. You won't get it if you didn't complete Monday's daily. My conclusion is you need to do have completed the previous day's daily to get the next one.

I started in the crash site because I was there the day it started. When everyone was figuring it out. I went to the tv screen last night, watched the announcement (I also did so on the fleet) but got no mission for it. I replayed the mission at the crash site, followed it all the way thru to the end (curing the sand people and all) and also did "infection parties" (lmao, that was a trip and a half to say the least). I've picked up 47 rakghoul DNA samples to go towards the white rak pet and green/black saber crystal. I've seen people with a little bird pet, how does one get the little bird pet?

I started in the crash site because I was there the day it started. When everyone was figuring it out. I went to the tv screen last night, watched the announcement (I also did so on the fleet) but got no mission for it. I replayed the mission at the crash site, followed it all the way thru to the end (curing the sand people and all) and also did "infection parties" (lmao, that was a trip and a half to say the least). I've picked up 47 rakghoul DNA samples to go towards the white rak pet and green/black saber crystal. I've seen people with a little bird pet, how does one get the little bird pet?

right above your post I posted how to start the fragment quest (get your rhakghoul pet). The little bird is gotten off alderaan. And it could be a long quest, so you gotta be patience. it ends on Tatooine though

Edited by rhirne

Why not just go on and do them everyday. Not like they are extremely difficult and the XP / Legacy XP and Credits alone are given out like candy. Also, you still get the DNA samples. And blowing up is a 0 credit repair bill. And from what I've seen, you have to have completeld the previous days daily quest, to get the next in the cycle.

I run all the quests every day with two characters, and was just testing with a third to see if you can get the set by only doing the "new daily mission" each day. Plus I don't have a lot of time to actually physically play between work and doing stuff around the house. I just figured if doing "Blood Sample" on day 1, "Passenger List" on day 2, etc. works, then people might be able to save a bit of time if they're as strapped for gametime as me. I'm testing with a character that I don't mind not having the whole set on, so I'm covered either way.

Hey everyone, this forum thread and this website confirm that once you complete a daily that unlocks a piece of Containment gear, you will be unable to complete the next event in the sequence until a day has passed.

Example 1:

I got my boots on day 1 of the event. Day 2 - I picked up the gloves mission, but failed to complete it. Day 3 - Finished the gloves mission and tried to get the newly-released leggings mission - impossible! I'll now be 1 day behind for the remainder of the event.

Example 2:

I didn't start the event until Day 3, when the legging mission was released. I do the mission to get the boots, but the gloves mission will be unavailable for 24 hours, and the legging mission will be unavailable for 48 hours.

It is unknown if this is intentional, or if it will be changed toward the end of the event. My theory is that it is not a bug; the game isn't patching each time a new daily is released into the game. Rather, all the content is already there - you just can't access a given mission unless you completed the one before it in the sequence (listed in the OP) a day earlier.

Perhaps this info could be added to the first page? Many people have been confused by it, and are killing sand people over and over trying to pick up the Hybrid mission. Thanks,

Barra (Kath Hound) :wea_04:

Edited by Darkness_Squall

It seems in order to to [passenger list] You must have done quests yesterday (at least the boots quest)

I've done all the quests and haven't been able to do it, unless it has glitched on my progress?

EDIT: Nm, above post explains.

Edited by Linktm

Ok, I just confirmed it - you ONLY need to do the daily mission that gives out the next armor piece in order to get the new one the next day. I still don't know if you need to do all the dailys your first day, but hopefully this saves some people time if they're working on multiple characters getting the armor set.

Edit: I'm too slow, I guess. Oh well.

Edited by Calsetes

^The update you speak of claims you need to do Blood Sample twice, once as light and once as dark, to unlock Hybrid Strain... I find this extremely unlikely, but won't be able to confirm or deny it until tomorrow.

It's not true - my Sentinel did it when he picked light / dark, my sage got it when she picked light / light, and my guardian got it when she only did the "new" mission for yesterday for the gloves. Looks like it's strictly "did you get the previous mission the day before" for unlock requirements.

It's not true - my Sentinel did it when he picked light / dark, my sage got it when she picked light / light, and my guardian got it when she only did the "new" mission for yesterday for the gloves. Looks like it's strictly "did you get the previous mission the day before" for unlock requirements.

Thank you for the confirmation, withdrawing the edit.

The fastest route as an Imp I found was to go in the following order of the locations posted. 1,2,3,7,9,11,10,8,12,6,5,4. Then Qt to ridgeside. This gives you an anticlockwise route once you leave the dune sea area via the northern route and avoids all the backtracking you do if you follow the OP's listed locations via his order.

Or you can do 4,5,6,12,8,10,11,9,7,3,2,1, which is probably the easiest way for reps then qt to your relevant nearest outpost.

The fastest route as an Imp I found was to go in the following order of the locations posted. 1,2,3,7,9,11,10,8,12,6,5,4. Then Qt to ridgeside. This gives you an anticlockwise route once you leave the dune sea area via the northern route and avoids all the backtracking you do if you follow the OP's listed locations via his order.

Or you can do 4,5,6,12,8,10,11,9,7,3,2,1, which is probably the easiest way for reps then qt to your relevant nearest outpost.

Awesome thanks, I'll put this in the notes.

Edited by cosmasterkiller