The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove the rakghoul plague now

you enjoyed a planet no one went to except to do their missions then never return to ?? really?

But isn't that the condition with every planet in the game pretty much other than ones that have some dailies mechanics going for them??

Still have a few criticisms e.g. Krayt dragons? but yeah really. So you can put the shock/horror routine on hold for something that's more worthy lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing, evolving, and developing are actually three different things. I'm genuinely not trying to be a jerk here in saying this... there's a real point to it.

Change means to go from being one thing to being something different and disconnected.

Evolve means to gradually become something largely different, but still in some way connected.

Develop means to gradually become a more complete version of something, all while maintaining an identity as still being that original thing.

I would be very happy with development of worlds.

I'd hate change.

I'd also hate evolution, because in the end something is still different when it evolves.

Now I don't think what they've done to Tatooine, the fleet, or the galaxy constitutes evolution or change. I do, however, see them as potential steps in evolution, and that is what makes me wary more than anything.

see thats where i disagree completely i think it was an evolution and a change on tat and the fleet. its changing and evolving the game to complete their picture of the finished developed game.. sadly change is something that happens in mmos if you cant handle change you shouldnt play an online game...its going to happen 100% promise on that....

I mean really, between the random infections and the annoying public service announcements, it's beyond lame.

If they want to spice up the game, they should add exciting new content or mini-quests that don't cost players time or money or aggravation. Or they could fix the messed-up email system which the patch broke.

I mean really, between the random infections and the annoying public service announcements, it's beyond lame.

If they want to spice up the game, they should add exciting new content or mini-quests that don't cost players time or money or aggravation. Or they could fix the messed-up email system which the patch broke.

they DID add new content.... my mail system works just fine.. i mail stuff all the time.

I found the quest intresting and exciting. sorry you didnt find it the same. such is life i guess.

i suppose the quest line isnt for you..well ok..but really the 2k for the stims is a cinch to get no one should complain there..if you cant get 2k in 6 hours theres issues.. besides even infected it has never killed me.

they DID add new content.... my mail system works just fine.. i mail stuff all the time.

I found the quest intresting and exciting. sorry you didnt find it the same. such is life i guess.

i suppose the quest line isnt for you..well ok..but really the 2k for the stims is a cinch to get no one should complain there..if you cant get 2k in 6 hours theres issues.. besides even infected it has never killed me.

I think people on both sides of the fence seem largely agreed that the vaccines should at least persist through death. That would make this one particular aspect - which is really the biggest pure annoyance, apart from people' preferences - a lot less annoying.

I think people on both sides of the fence seem largely agreed that the vaccines should at least persist through death. That would make this one particular aspect - which is really the biggest pure annoyance, apart from people' preferences - a lot less annoying.

That i would agree with a solid 6 hours not till death. but really other than that there is really no case for someone saying it was ill concieved.

I like it..it was unexpected and shows that bioware is atleast doing more than they say they are going to. which is something alot of development companies can learn from. Besides rarely have I ever seen new content be worse than no new content.

That i would agree with a solid 6 hours not till death. but really other than that there is really no case for someone saying it was ill concieved.

I like it..it was unexpected and shows that bioware is atleast doing more than they say they are going to. which is something alot of development companies can learn from. Besides rarely have I ever seen new content be worse than no new content.

You must've missed Cataclysm's release.

I think one thing that would make this cool is if players could vaccinate other players. Of course the cost would have to come down, but still I think we would see a few generous people going around vaccinating others.

Either way I am loving this new world event. Hope to see more like it in the future.

I think one thing that would make this cool is if players could vaccinate other players. Of course the cost would have to come down, but still I think we would see a few generous people going around vaccinating others.

Either way I am loving this new world event. Hope to see more like it in the future.

This is really just the inverse of the supposed problem.

More insults, I am sad to see.

No more insulting than calling a stone a stone or a chair a chair. The sheer amount of hypocrisy and equivocating that must be sifted through only drive the claims home. I'm drowning in tu quoque at the moment.

Edited by AlyxDinas

2000 credits for a 6 hour vacs (assuming you dont die)

lets break down the cost shall we,

6 hours.. 1 hour has 60 minutes... 6 * 60 = 360

2000 credits divided by time. 2000/360 = 5.55 credits per minute

the lowest that loot sells for is 10 credits ( roughly 2 minutes work per drop)

its not hard to make the 2k in 6 hours....

You know, if one can sell DNA for 20k and Guild banks are 600k, then guild members should sell their DNA frequently.

Wait? It has to be Rakghoul infected? I guess I need to rethink my retirement plan.

I hope it continues today. I missed out yesterday.

Then let's further invert it. 2k credits to get infected and the cure is free. That seems a bit more even.

Frankly, I think that sounds absurd. The associated "cost" of infection is its potential inconveniences. This is generally offset by the long term bonuses infection gives. As it stands right now, infection brings more benefits than costs. And if someone deems the costs too great personally, there's a clear means to deal with that. A means which is not prohibitive in any way, shape, or form.

Am i the only one who WANTS to get infected so they can get more DNA samples?

wierd thread

No, actually lots of people feel that way. It's one of the things folks who don't like the plague cite as their reason, because apparently on a number of servers people are just getting infected them clustering up on the fleet so keep spreading it and gaining more of the samples.

No, actually lots of people feel that way. It's one of the things folks who don't like the plague cite as their reason, because apparently on a number of servers people are just getting infected them clustering up on the fleet so keep spreading it and gaining more of the samples.

Of course they are, why wouldn't they? Did it for about 3 hours straight, have 90 samples.

Edited by United_Strafes

Frankly, I think that sounds absurd. The associated "cost" of infection is its potential inconveniences. This is generally offset by the long term bonuses infection gives. As it stands right now, infection brings more benefits than costs. And if someone deems the costs too great personally, there's a clear means to deal with that. A means which is not prohibitive in any way, shape, or form.

This is not entirely true. Several lower level players have come on expressing that it is something that is too much for them to really afford currently.

I would also argue that the cost to people who desire not to be infected during warzones would build up fairly quickly. The biggest difficulty in calculating this would be calculating infection rates inside warzones. We've had one report of nearly constant infection rates in them, but that's only one report so it's not enough to start assuming things and throwing formulas together.

And yet, we've little reason to believe that this is majorly impacting in game activities. All offered proof to this idea has been woefully inept. But even if it were, it would only be troublesome if it was a state of affairs that would last a significantly long period of time. Which is something we have every reason to believe will not be so.

Simply put, not only are claims about any potential damages unfalsifiable but even if they were, these damages are of negligible length compared to the game's overall life such that they become essentially harmless.

This is not entirely true. Several lower level players have come on expressing that it is something that is too much for them to really afford currently.

I would also argue that the cost to people who desire not to be infected during warzones would build up fairly quickly. The biggest difficulty in calculating this would be calculating infection rates inside warzones. We've had one report of nearly constant infection rates in them, but that's only one report so it's not enough to start assuming things and throwing formulas together.

Formulas are unnecessary. Warzones have greater issues with them than infected. Issues which actually are demonstrably affecting the system and ongoing player participation much more severely. As to the issue of money, the cost of vaccine is so utterly small compared to the numerous avenues for low level players to generate revenue that it's almost a non issue. Because, right now, there's a means in game to create guaranteed revenue through literally no effort. And not just any revenue but an amount which can address any further vaccine costs handily.

Edited by AlyxDinas

QQ... damn whiners. Avoid the people with a green cloud around them. And 2k credits is really nothing to cry over.

Complain that nothing ever happens in SWTOR, now something is happening (fun btw) and there is complaint that something is happening.

And I see some people are trying low level players excuse... look... the worse that happens is after 40mins of being infected you blow up... after that... you respawn at a medcenter and avoid infected players and go about your business... if you get infected during pvp... just let some kill you and you'll respawn uninfected. Who comes up with these weaksauce reasons as to why this stuff is inconveniencing them.

Edited by kercchaos