Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rakghoul World Event

Almar

Sorry if I'm being noob-ish, but I've got a few questions. First off, it says I've got 4/9 of the codexes under the "events" category. Am I missing something, or are the other 5 not available yet? And second, I'm not seeing that daily where you have to infect other people... I've been infected and exploded twice, but still haven't got it. Anyone know where to get it? Thanks.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get the daily by exploding =D

My character exploded, didn't get anything. No quest popped up, no icon appeared, and afterwards when some Reps died fighting my ops group, I didn't notice anything.

For the infect 10 people, you need to be near someone who is NOT infected when you explode. That will give you the quest and count towards it. ( I blew up 3 times. First 2 everyone around me was already infected so it gave nothing. 3rd time 3 people had no infection, so the quest appeared and gave me 3/10. )

For getting the origin quest, you need to click the monitor, escape pod, and medical supplies within 10 minutes. Then the tent with the final turn in for the other quest right by the mos ila speeder will have a quest for you ( or it can be shared ).

When you click any of the 3 items you will get a buff for 10 minutes, such as "Attacked" ( different buff for each item clicked ), once you have clicked all 3 you get "Prepared" which allows you to pick it up.

Fixed a Dunesea coord that was positive instead of negative (ty :D). Updated list.

Dunesea:

-2030, -1890

-2409, -756

-1391, -446

Southern Jundland:

1796, 603

1096, 725

304, 257

1093, -410

-500, -327

Northern Jundland:

744, -2548

759, -912

1196, -1266

-595, -1443

All confirmed

These are cursor coords not player.

These are the coordinates for those one the Tracking the Origin quest.

But how do I pick up for repub....

To pick up the quest interact with the big screen just outside the spaceport, then after that you head out to road turn left and you'll be heading north slightly you'll see the escape pod, then head towards the cantina and you'll see the med supplies just east of there.

I can't remember the coordinates for those.

I go to shower and come back and see that the post got lively! Good to see there are a lot of people interested in the event! I just noticed it myself in between Warzones. I was debating about not going at first and then I figured I would just go check it out. It was actually a lot more fun than you would expect. It reminded me of Asheron's Call a bit and all their old world events every month. It's nice to see the community of a server bond together and actually group up for things every once in awhile.

I know it is still going, but I miss AC. :)

Solclaim ftw!

About those Infected Companion Lockboxes.. why the bleep did it give me an Infected Tharan Cedrax customization? Last time I checked I was a Bounty Hunter, Not a Jedi Consular :eek:

Is it supposed to be totally (or stupidly) random?

They are bind to Legacy.

I really enjoyed this event greatly! Very nice dynamic vibe to it. Impression of something NEW happening in Galaxy RIGHT NOW was well done. Very well done. It'd be awesome if these type of things happened semi-frequently and actually progressed. Ie, 1st bundle of dailies deactivates after 10 days, then immediately a new set opens where you are busy curing/killing people in your own port city, accompanied by new updated newscast etc.

I only hope that

A) they don't water it down by keeping it open for like..2 months.

B) this isn't some ultra rare, borderline unique occurance, but sign of things to come.

Strangely enough I very much enjoyed the progression of storyline during the quest chain. Being able to read stuff and have your mind filling blanks is VERY welcome after 1000 hours of spoken, amazingly acted but hastily written shovelware dialogue.

Edited by Stradlin

Well Done BW, I really like the event. I like how we had to discover it and talk to other people to find it and group up since it created a lot of natural and real open world PvP (unlike Ilum)

Also as we travel through Tatoonie we see things related to the event, like the escape pod in the imp town.

Well whilst I've enjoyed the event, I am truely dissapointed that the reward from the vendor is the Razer black-green crystal.

When the black-green crystal appeared in the databases, I asked customer services whether or not they were completely devaluing the razer crystals and whether I wasted money on the SWTOR brand.

They assured me that the devs would never do anything to devalue to the razer crystals.

So I am pretty upset that they encouraged me to buy a particular product and lied to me about the value of it and then tell me that I had nothing to fear, despite my concerns.

Why do this Bioware?

Well whilst I've enjoyed the event, I am truely dissapointed that the reward from the vendor is the Razer black-green crystal.

When the black-green crystal appeared in the databases, I asked customer services whether or not they were completely devaluing the razer crystals and whether I wasted money on the SWTOR brand.

They assured me that the devs would never do anything to devalue to the razer crystals.

So I am pretty upset that they encouraged me to buy a particular product and lied to me about the value of it and then tell me that I had nothing to fear, despite my concerns.

Why do this Bioware?

I believe it has a different hue and also animates differently

Excellent work by bioware on this surprise for the day!! It was VERY enjoyable and a blast to have random people ask for invites to the op group I was in to progress through the story.

I SOOO hope that things like this happen regularly, and not every 5-6 months. Even if there were some notice on a similar type of event, I think it would have an equal or greater turnout.

Also, the way that NATURAL open world PvP occurred due to this event was just spectacular!! Well done BW!!

Excellent work by bioware on this surprise for the day!! It was VERY enjoyable and a blast to have random people ask for invites to the op group I was in to progress through the story.

I SOOO hope that things like this happen regularly, and not every 5-6 months. Even if there were some notice on a similar type of event, I think it would have an equal or greater turnout.

Also, the way that NATURAL open world PvP occurred due to this event was just spectacular!! Well done BW!!

I completely agree, it reminded me of Asheron's Call's monthly events which were always loads of run. It brought together each server for loads of fun!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.