50 minute wait..

Tifflez

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you are whining about server queues? what the hell... its not their fault its everyone else rerolling onto freedom nadd and you expect there not to be a queue??

some people are just plain stupid.

Nope, the stupid ones are those rolling to an already well populated server. Ultimately this just makes everyone unhappy.

I think I will reroll on this server,if its the only heavy+ one on europe it looks like I should go there because I don't want to be on a light server again,enjoy queing with me:D,you know the easy soultion is to do someting else for 50 minutes?Go do some study if your in college or get some food or go out for a bit,thats what I'll be doing:p

This is what happens. Servers die and everyone rushes to a high pop server and having to wait to get in. I actually posted a recruitment thread for our guild taking in refugees from low pop servers. Our server is light-medium (and not dying by an means) and someone blasted me asking why should someone roll on our light server when they can go to a heavy server with more people? well people this is why.

Would server merges have helped? probably, but people would compain about why did you keep their server name and not ours, I don't like the new server name, i didn't want to merge with that server, etc

Would character transfers have helped? probably not, they would transfer more characters to the already High pop server.

What to do? well, what i would do is do some research on the forums to see which servers are active but not too full and then make my decision there. I am not too familiar with the EU servers, but the North American ones have plenty to choose from. If you are on an Aussie server (which, i think, only have 3), you may be SOL:D

I do ike this and queues don't bother me much

1. I arrive home from work

2. turn on the computer and log into SWTOR and get on the queue

3. I step away from the computer

4. I make dinner and eat it slowly

5. I watch a few minutes of tv

6. I get back to the computer and the wait is almost over

7. I play the game

:)

Edited by Ifearyounot

Everything is healthy on Fredon Nadd, including the queue. I actually find it very reassuring that there is a queue. I would in fact go as far as saying it is prolonging my stay in Tor. And yes I queued for 50 mins last night too.

There is a very simple solution to get people to roll on other servers and if I were BW I would do it. Pick a couple of the higher pop "standard" servers and bump them up to permanent "heavy"

What difference will it make as only BW know the criteria for standard and heavy.

coz it is the only FULL server on EU. Many ppl rerolled here from dead servers. Blame BW for not letting us transfer.

BTW I also wait in queue.

? red eclipse is full too aswell as a few others in the eu, what are you on about.

DAoC did not have a plan for server merges until after WoW released and gutted their server populations in late 2004 (years after they released the game).

AND, who says they don't have a plan???? Just because they have not yet shared it with the public does not mean they don't have a plan. In fact, they have said they will allow server transfers after they release the free character transfer for the AP folks.

Hardly anyone I knew in DAoC that left did so because of WoW. They (like me) did so because of ToA and the awful things that expansion did to the game and its community.

:mad:

Edited by Skylarke

It's like they want the game to fail early for some odd sickly reason. If they really want this game to succeed they need to allow server transfer. People with asian IP already have the ability to transfer to Asian servers from EU and US.

I do ike this and queues don't bother me much

1. I arrive home from work

2. turn on the computer and log into SWTOR and get on the queue

3. I step away from the computer

4. I make dinner and eat it slowly

5. I watch a few minutes of tv

6. I get back to the computer and the wait is almost over

7. I play the game

:)

Hold on. There's a few words/phrases I can't understand in your post. Work? Step away from computer? Dinner? Eat slowly?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.