A bit much don't ya think?

Hyfy

I like the idea of hunting for the pets, the TaunTaun and the Orokeet and their variants, but do ya think maybe Bioware that 4 hours is a bit excessive on the spawn time? I just spent 4 hours hanging out in a birds nest on the side of a mountain to have some random guy come running up at the last second and literally grab the egg out from under me. Now I've gotta wait another 4 hours because some guy is a raging dooshcanoe and has absolutely 0 consideration for others?

This is the kind of stuff that really pushes people away. Might I suggest a lower cool-down time on the spawn rate. Please.

Edited by Hyfy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of hunting for the pets, the TaunTaun and the Orokeet and their variants, but do ya think maybe Bioware that 4 hours is a bit excessive on the spawn time? I just spent 4 hours hangin out in a birds nest on the side of a mountain to have some random guy come running up at the last second and literally grab the egg out from under me. Now I've gotta wait another 4 hours because some guy is a raging dooshcanoe and has absolutely 0 consideration for others?

This is the kind of stuff that really pushes people away. Might I suggest a lower cool-down time on the spawn rate. Please.

Should have seen it last night during the early morning spawn on my server. There had to be 12 people there all standing right in the same spot, and some joker comes up and pulls out his giant vehicle so no one can see anything. He/she did put it away rather quickly, but if you can keep vehicles from spawning in areas, those nests should be one of them.

Having one spot where they are available and having everyone be able to sit in that one specific spot is not exactly the best way, I don't think.

I'm thinking there ought to be a number of nests, perhaps situated all along those cliffs, that you have to get to in order to get a chance at one. And the egg randomly spawns in one of those spots, so that everyone doesn't know "exactly" where they're going to spawn.

Or, make the spawn time random. Sometimes it's 15 minutes, sometimes it's 4 hours, most times somewhere between 1 hour and 3 hours. That way people can't just time it so that we see the same person coming along every 4 hours like clockwork to show up and gank the egg.

Maybe instead of the egg spawning in the base of the nest there can be a little slot up in the wall that it spawns in, so that no one can stand over it, or cover it, and anyone there in the nest has a chance to grab it? That way, jokers with big vehicles and big fluffy outfits can't hide the area.

I'm not sure if it would make sense to somehow disable alacrity effects there, but it should be at least considered, IMHO. It does seem that a level 30 player who has been sitting in the nest for 4 hours waiting for the egg to spawn is easily going to lose out to a level 50 who shows up 5 minutes beforehand, simply because the 50 will be able to have the egg and jumping out out of the nest with the prize before the level 30 even gets half way through the activation sequence. But again, I'm not sure if that's going too far or not.

However I would like to ask that opposing faction members be able to get there. It has been great fun hanging out knocking Imperials into the ocean when they show up, and scanning around for them when they're hidden. :D

I'm not saying they ought to just give everyone an egg. And I understand the notion behind a competing group to get a chance at one. And I understand the point of them being rare items.

But the current layout is being used in a way that doesn't seem as it was intended, such as two people with lower robes being able to get down in a fighting stance and cover the location of the egg, or the vehicle spawns, etc. Maybe it can be tweaked a little bit to make it so that people that sat there for 4 hours waiting don't just get completely snaked and actually have a shot at the egg.

Just some thoughts after hanging out on that cliff for the past 2 days... LOL.

Edited by Kubernetic

there's 2 nests I've confirmed, rumors of 3.

Edit: I worked for my eggs, I would be upset if they lowered the spawn time and let every billy boo with the patience of a honey badger wander over and say 'derp cute pet derp.'

Edited by DJBayview

Edit: I worked for my eggs, I would be upset if they lowered the spawn time and let every billy boo with the patience of a honey badger wander over and say 'derp cute pet derp.'

Cool, good news on the extra nests. But are you just referring to the one Imperial and one Republic nest, or are you saying you've confirmed there are 2 nests in one faction's area?

And in my case, I'm not opposed to a 4 hour spawn timer, as long as it isn't EXACTLY 14,400 seconds every single time. If randomizing the timer means the time has to go down to a possible 2 hours then raise the upper end so it's between 2 hours and 6 hours, I'm okay with that.

The point is, at least in my thoughts, if you want to wait for an egg... go there and wait for it. Don't just make it so they can show up literally 2 minutes before, snag it, and run off.

Edited by Kubernetic

You forget the important fact that honey badger just takes what it wants.

Seriously, though, I agree. There's no reason to lower the spawn time just for ninjas. I would prefer to see something like a previous poster suggested and make the time random. If they could code it to spawn quicker when more people (that don't have it) were standing around waiting for it, then I think that'd be ideal.

You forget the important fact that honey badger just takes what it wants.

Seriously, though, I agree. There's no reason to lower the spawn time just for ninjas. I would prefer to see something like a previous poster suggested and make the time random. If they could code it to spawn quicker when more people (that don't have it) were standing around waiting for it, then I think that'd be ideal.

Agreed.

And LOL @ the honey badger.

You seem to be under the impression that someone who has sat there for hours on end hasn't put in his time. I've put in more time then the guy who comes running up 2 minues before it spawns and yanking it from under me. So to speak. Seeing as I wasn't standing on too of the spawn but off to the side just a bit.

Edited by Hyfy

Indeed, four hours is fine. If you don't want to spend the time at the nest, wait a few weeks. The crowds will die down and you can get your pet then.

There was no crowd. There was me sitting up there for four hours sendin my companions on crew missions whilst I sat and watched. Then about 2 minutes before it popped another guy waltzes up stands right on too of the spawn location, tanks it as it spawns and hightailed it out.

what about the time-lost proto drake in WoW? that makes 4 hrs look like nothing

Exactly, I waited forever for that thing. Never got it and knew that getting it would be difficult. 4 hours is nothing compared to waiting for that drake.

I shudder to think what these folks would have done trying to get the Veeshan's Peak key pieces back in the day of old Everquest.

4 hrs is fine, you don't HAVE to have it today or tomorrow. Also, there should be some support for the ninja looters though. Let the fleet know about the guy. Also contact his guild if he was in one.

I shudder to think what these folks would have done trying to get the Veeshan's Peak key pieces back in the day of old Everquest.

4 hrs is fine, you don't HAVE to have it today or tomorrow. Also, there should be some support for the ninja looters though. Let the fleet know about the guy. Also contact his guild if he was in one.

Ya know it isn't so much the time of 4 hours that bothers me, its that you can wait patiently the 4 hours to have someone come in at the last minute and gank it from right underneath of ya. If there was some sort of 1st come 1st serve mechanic it could be 20 hours and I wouldn't really care. But 4 hours when someone can come in at 2 minutes left and snake it out and you've just wasted the 4 hours for absolutely nothing.....that's when I have a problem with the 4 hours.

I like the idea of hunting for the pets, the TaunTaun and the Orokeet and their variants, but do ya think maybe Bioware that 4 hours is a bit excessive on the spawn time? I just spent 4 hours hanging out in a birds nest on the side of a mountain to have some random guy come running up at the last second and literally grab the egg out from under me. Now I've gotta wait another 4 hours because some guy is a raging dooshcanoe and has absolutely 0 consideration for others?

WoW practically gives you pets in mail--you can try that game.

WoW practically gives you pets in mail--you can try that game.

Yeah, no thanks. Not my kinda game.

So to all you people who think your going to be cute and rude and everything else about it. You can just cut that crap right there, and try reading all the way through instead of making inane posts like this

LOL @ 4 hours being excessive

Ashes of Al'ar anyone?

I'll say it again since it escaped you the first time. It isn't so much that 4 hours is excessive as much as you can waste 4 hours waiting just to have someone run up at the last minute and rip out from under you. When they can do stuff like that then yeah 4 hours is excessive. If they had a mechanic in place that disallowed people from doing that then 4 hours or even 20 hours I wouldn't care about.

I'll say it again since it escaped you the first time. It isn't so much that 4 hours is excessive as much as you can waste 4 hours waiting just to have someone run up at the last minute and rip out from under you. When they can do stuff like that then yeah 4 hours is excessive. If they had a mechanic in place that disallowed people from doing that then 4 hours or even 20 hours I wouldn't care about.

So you lose. Good Day Sir.

lol, I remember the VP Key quest. I took one look at it and said SCREW THAT! :p

Literally 1 WEEK of questing in order to get that darn key, as long as you could get the guild together to raid to get the parts every day. What about the Brother Raster camp for the Monk Epic, or Quillimane?

I ganked Quillimane, and looted the cloak on my Bard because I knew a Mage that had been helping our guild Wizards get their epics, and wanted to help her out with that piece. Should have seen the Epic RAGE in South Karana, as I tagged and burned down that horse in no time flat, in front of 5 other Mages. I had just zoned in, pulled up Track, and saw that stupid horse, and felt the need to kill it. Before I left, I said "Better luck next week."