So..... What's with all the dislike for Revan?

Velaran

Seriously. I just don't get it. In many of the "Vs" threads that have popped up, i've seen many people say that Revan would lose hands down, without any contest, and i'm just a bit confused as to why.

My personal guess? All of his buildup in the Revan novel, combined with the toning down of The Exile, has simply gotten some of the people who were ambivalent about him to now dismiss him as a complete joke when compaired to other, better-known characters.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. I just don't get it. In many of the "Vs" threads that have popped up, i've seen many people say that Revan would lose hands down, without any contest, and i'm just a bit confused as to why.

My personal guess? All of his buildup in the Revan novel, combined with the toning down of The Exile, has simply gotten some of the people who were ambivalent about him to now dismiss him as a complete joke when compaired to other, better-known characters.

Any thoughts?

people who love the exile hate how she died and non of her story was told in depth in a story shared between revan and lord scourge TWO main characters needed for SWTOR more than she was and so she had to assume a secondary role and after Kotor 2 where her special ability allowed her to best three sith lords they didn't like her being a side kick companion , as most do not see the importance of her death reflecting lord scourges progress and relevance further on in the story line.

The rest are the results of OLD CORE VS NEW CORE fans trying to keep there vision of star wars relevant.

This could be because ingame he get's only a measly mid lvl flashpoint, as to compared how he kicked *** in KOTOR.

I feel like they really toned him down, KOTOR games were all about what he did,and how his actions influenced the republic and such, now he doesn't make such impact on galactical scale...

P.S. In my opinion Revan is most kickass character in star wars :)

Seeing my favorite SW character as a psychotic madman in a mediocre FP really hurt me :( They should have made Revan more epic..or at least a better storyline than giving him the axe the way they did. Still, I'm hoping that he makes a better return. Seriously... SWTOR wouldn't have happened if not for the KotOR fans. Insulting the main and player character of that beloved game and after Kreia going on non-stop deifying him... I hate that choice made by BW.

Seeing my favorite SW character as a psychotic madman in a mediocre FP really hurt me :( They should have made Revan more epic..or at least a better storyline than giving him the axe the way they did. Still, I'm hoping that he makes a better return. Seriously... SWTOR wouldn't have happened if not for the KotOR fans. Insulting the main and player character of that beloved game and after Kreia going on non-stop deifying him... I hate that choice made by BW.

After 300 years trapped in a tube, tell me you wouldn't be a psychotic madman.

This could be because ingame he get's only a measly mid lvl flashpoint, as to compared how he kicked *** in KOTOR.

I feel like they really toned him down, KOTOR games were all about what he did,and how his actions influenced the republic and such, now he doesn't make such impact on galactical scale...

P.S. In my opinion Revan is most kickass character in star wars :)

With the way Revan disappeared in The Foundry I doubt that he was at full strength fighting the hit squad. With that being said I'm sure we'd see him at full power in a future patch or an expansion if SWTOR lasts that long

Revan was the "Chosen One" of his time. He actually mastered both sides of the Force, and became One with it. Very few other Jedi/Sith have achieved this, even in the Expanded Universe.

By "Chosen One", I am NOT comparing him to Anakin. Just making that clear.

Also, at the end of Foundry, I believe...

He used Fold Space to escape. We'll most likely see him again. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fold_space

Revan was the "Chosen One" of his time. He actually mastered both sides of the Force, and became One with it. Very few other Jedi/Sith have achieved this, even in the Expanded Universe.

He used Fold Space to escape. We'll most likely see him again. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fold_space

He did not master both Sides of the Force. In fact we've only seen him do a single Dark-Side feat in his reborn.

I doubt he was the Chosen One. I think Sateele could outmatch him.

In Rayla Felena's words, Revan is the Poster Boy of his time. Like Anakin. But their not necessarily the most powerful.

Revan

For me its an opposing response to the fandom he has.

It cleary doesnt work that way since manny poeple hate him.

Quite an overstatement. Just because players have him losing in an extremely hypothetical encounter with nearly godlike jedi/sith doesn't mean there's dislike for the man.

See other threads.

Edited by Spartanik

He did not master both Sides of the Force. In fact we've only seen him do a single Dark-Side feat in his reborn.

I doubt he was the Chosen One. I think Sateele could outmatch him.

In Rayla Felena's words, Revan is the Poster Boy of his time. Like Anakin. But their not necessarily the most powerful.

I believe you should play The Foundry when you get the chance. Besides, it's already canon that he did achieve True Balance. He DID become One with the Force. As I said, he's one of the few to do it. Jacen Solo managed it once, as well.

Also, I did not compare him to Satele. I said HIS time. The time of KotOR, not TOR.

I believe you should play The Foundry when you get the chance. Besides, it's already canon that he did achieve True Balance. He DID become One with the Force. As I said, he's one of the few to do it. Jacen Solo managed it once, as well.

Also, I did not compare him to Satele. I said HIS time. The time of KotOR, not TOR.

He achieved Balance, but that doesn't mean mastering both sides of the Force. In the Foundry he said he did, but he was also looney.

To achieve Full Mastery, at least in my opinion would make him stronger than Luke and Sid. Because thats pretty much the 2 most powerful for Light-Side and Dark Side.

I think the only guy that represented Balance, was that one dude. The Father in that TCW story arc.

He achieved Balance, but that doesn't mean mastering both sides of the Force. In the Foundry he said he did, but he was also looney.

To achieve Full Mastery, at least in my opinion would make him stronger than Luke and Sid. Because thats pretty much the 2 most powerful for Light-Side and Dark Side.

I think the only guy that represented Balance, was that one dude. The Father in that TCW story arc.

Fine. he Balanced it.

People have been hyping him up too much, they all think he is godlike based on video game mechanics and Kreia's "Revan was like looking at the Heart of the force".

When really he was just powerful, someone really powerful like Vader, Sidious or Luke (or Vitiate) would slap him down quickly.

And the active ignorance of so many people thinking he is godlike just creates hate, amongst the those who know better.

I know, I have the the same hate for Mace Windu just because there are too many people who think he could honestly beat or be a match for Sidious ... which is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by AngelousWang

People have been hyping him up too much, they all think he is godlike based on video game mechanics and Kreia's "Revan was like looking at the Heart of the force".

When really he was just powerful, someone really powerful like Vader, Sidious or Luke (or Vitiate) would slap him down quickly.

And the active ignorance of so many people thinking he is godlike just creates hate, amongst the those who know better.

I know, I have the the same hate for Mace Windu just because there are too many people who think he could honestly beat or be a match for Sidious ... which is beyond ridiculous.

And it doesn't take away from his legend when he's being voiced by Jeff Bennett in TOR. I mean, that's KYLE KATARN doing his voice! :p

Highly disagree with this whole statement.

He never once mastered either side if he had done, he would either be wise enough and enlightened enough not to fall to the dark side or be so corrupted by the dark side that he could not be redeemed, that is what happens when you 'master' one of the polar opposites.

You also cannot achieve balance, you cannot draw from both sides of the force, you would have to simultaneously be calm and filled with rage, it's not possible, it does not work that way.

He was not balanced, at all.

You either draw from the Force or the Dark Side, that is how it works in this universe.

Those are the laws laid down by Lucas and the higher canon.

Revan fell to the dark side again during the fight his buff is one with the force. Then when you start beating him it switches to power of the dark side and starts using force lightning and force storm.

You can't master both trying to use both will just make it easier for the dark side to corrupt you which it did to revan.

Foundary spoilers.

Lets not forget he wanted to genocide the imperial population the dark side would really like that. if the imperial players did not stop him, Revan plan may have caused another wound in the force.

Edited by lokdron

Highly disagree with this whole statement.

He never once mastered either side if he had done, he would either be wise enough and enlightened enough not to fall to the dark side or be so corrupted by the dark side that he could not be redeemed, that is what happens when you 'master' one of the polar opposites.

You also cannot achieve balance, you cannot draw from both sides of the force, you would have to simultaneously be calm and filled with rage, it's not possible, it does not work that way.

He was not balanced, at all.

You either draw from the Force or the Dark Side, that is how it works in this universe.

Those are the laws laid down by Lucas and the higher canon.

If you read the book Revan it is explained, and apparently explained well enough for lucas to let it go through as part of cannon.

Revan found that just as losing yourself to Rage, anger, hate, and the like could be used to fuel the dark side of the force, dwelling on the love and compassion he could fuel his power in the light side of the force as well.