Player Housing??

KantusOrdo

Everytime I play SWTOR it brings back memories of SWG, and I know that unfortunately, Star Wars Galaxies will not be coming back, so I'm hoping to see in coming updates that they allow Player Housing! Comment and give your thoughts if you think Bioware should introduce Player Housing in SWTOR.

For the heroic adventurer on the move, having a static place of residence is impractical. You have to pay someone to keep an eye on it while you're off for months, even years at a time, gallivanting across the galaxy, else you run the risk of something going wrong, like your gas leaking and causing a cataclysmic explosion. You also need to pay someone to tend the lawn, else the HOA will be on your case about lowering their property value. In a nutshell, home ownership is a pain when you're not living there 90% of the time. That is why one's ship is as much a home as it is a way to get around.

Ask for more ship customization options.

I want to be able to construct a research lab that increases the chance of getting a new schematic from reverse engineering stuff.

I want to be able to construct a manufacturing lab that speeds up all crafting and increases crafting critical rate.

The ship should be viewed as a personal home. If you want "cities", maybe the devs can increase the size of spaceports to the point where you can view all the ships of all the players on that planet in this huge spaceport. Something like a trailer parking :)

Player housing in SWG was not a bad idea, but having entire ghost towns and random houses here and there is a bad thing for the aesthetics of the game.

Edited by cyberfreaq

The ship should be viewed as a personal home. If you want "cities", maybe the devs can increase the size of spaceports to the point where you can view all the ships of all the players on that planet in this huge spaceport. Something like a trailer parking :)

Player housing in SWG was not a bad idea, but having entire ghost towns and random houses here and there is a bad thing for the aesthetics of the game.

Why do you assume if they have housing it will be empty?

I simply stated that in SWG I recall seeing many ghost towns, which was a bad thing in my opinion. Also, the complete lack of management made random house placing really an eyesore.

Which is why I recommend the "trailer parkings" in TOR, with a better managed and controlled environment, namely the planet's spaceport.

Such a trailer parking would have more activity than a random town in the middle of nowhere. People would constantly leave and enter the spaceport, ships would be constantly landing and taking off. And that IMO is a much better system.

Edited by cyberfreaq

Because every game to date who has had housing similar to SWG left nothing but eye sore ghost towns on the landscape, rarely used except if needed for crafting.

You can't say otherwise, I know, we tried to get GM's to remove them on the Scylla server in SWG, since literally no one went back to them. Even a new MMO coming out, that shall not be named, the player created housing is... dead in many places, and it's not even in the EU/US market yet.

well i wanted this to but it would be a waste of time for bioware to add housing because of having ships but since we dont get housing i think we shoul be able at least to customize and personalize the ship. For example: change the wall colors add trophies add paintings add mini games add research labs and be able to move your companions around in different places or in different stances plus i notice in the jedi knight class and the jedi consular class that on the corvette there are extra doors that arent used i think if you get enough money you should be able to purchase to open them and make them in to any kind of room you want and add tables benches and beds etc. if they give you the ability to customize your house. thats my thoughts on the housing issue.

well i wanted this to but it would be a waste of time for bioware to add housing because of having ships but since we dont get housing i think we shoul be able at least to customize and personalize the ship. For example: change the wall colors add trophies add paintings add mini games add research labs and be able to move your companions around in different places or in different stances plus i notice in the jedi knight class and the jedi consular class that on the corvette there are extra doors that arent used i think if you get enough money you should be able to purchase to open them and make them in to any kind of room you want and add tables benches and beds etc. if they give you the ability to customize your house. thats my thoughts on the housing issue.
Ship customization, both interior and exterior, is already planned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.