Participating and getting jack squat for my efforts

Dayshadow

I finished a Novare Coast game with 2 medals.

I got zero exp, zero creds, zero comms, etc. Despite all the fighting I did I got no attacker medal nor defense medal even though I was constantly on the attack and took 2 bunkers. Now I don't know if it's a bug or what but the same thing happened in an Alderaan match earlier. Although in that case I had zero medals throughout the whole match and manged to farm a defense at the end once I realized. Too late though.

This is just wrong. An AFKer can sit in front of a held postion and farm defense points and get all rewards, but an active player gets squat? So if I look down and see I have no medals my only option is to basically AFK and sit on my butt, quit and get squat or help my team and get squat? That is F'd up. How did this get past testing?

There has been 100 threads on this and Bioware dont give 2 craps, not one reply on any of them from any customer service.

I estimate this will cost bioware much $$$ in cancelled subscriptions. I only really play this game for the pvp, and now thats bogus too now.

They have also closed the PTS forum so we can't see what people told them not to put in 1.2 yet they did anyway.. classy bioware.

Edited by Talarchy

Frankly, I don't get the logic. The issue before this update was players quitting because they were losing. And so one would think the goal is to make players stay. Indeed, I'm seeing more players leave early after this patch when it's clear they are going to lose and likely get nothing for their effort.

I think I'm going to focus on some alts for a while and see if BW addresses this issue.

Edited by MasterTholme

There has been 100 threads on this and Bioware dont give 2 craps, not one rely on any of them from any customer service.

I estimate this will cost bioware much $$$ in cancelled subscriptions. I only really play this game for the pvp, and now thats bogus too now.

If it continues this way I may just quit. This level of incompetence needs to get people fired and doesn't give me much hope for the future of this game if these same idiots are allowed to continue screwing stuff up over and over.

Frankly, I don't get the logic. The issue before this update was players quitting because they were losing. And so one would think the goal is to make players stay. Indeed, I'm seeing more players leave early after this patch when it's clear they are going to lose and likely get nothing for their effort.

I think I'm going to focus on some alts for a while and see if BW addresses this issue.

They can't stop quitters. Not without making PvP unattractive. If you're going to not give my credit and force me to stay in I just would stop queuing... and end my subscription. Not really sure why anyone quit before. It wasn't like losing meant the end of the world. I hardly ever quit before. Now if I enter a losing WZ in progress I tell them why I'm quitting then quit. And now there is no 120 sec timer so even if it was 1 vs 8 that 1 guys gets hosed for sticking it out.

Oddly enough I came into a winning match and played for about 30 secs and got FULL REWARDS. 6 automatic medals for win time (or whatever it was) and 2 I managed to get in that 30 secs (assassin and killing blow). So winners get full benefit regardless of their contribution. The level of F'd up this is boggles my mind.

Edited by Dayshadow

Had this happen to me during a couple of WZ's. It just totally deflates your aspirations and doesnt make you want to re queue. Especially when you are placed against the same premade who just steamrolled you while you're paired up with the gang that cant shoot straight. You're only going to let them farm you so long before you just quit because there is literally no reward in it. And this mechanism does nothing but exacerbate the problem when the steamrollers will be gearing up quicker and giving them an even bigger edge in the near future.

Someone didn't think this change through.

Had this happen to me during a couple of WZ's. It just totally deflates your aspirations and doesnt make you want to re queue. Especially when you are placed against the same premade who just steamrolled you while you're paired up with the gang that cant shoot straight. You're only going to let them farm you so long before you just quit because there is literally no reward in it. And this mechanism does nothing but exacerbate the problem when the steamrollers will be gearing up quicker and giving them an even bigger edge in the near future.

Someone didn't think this change through.

QFT. I was in a zone with this game. I was loving doing everything i was doing and the promises of 1.2 was gonna make it sweeter. That being said, tonight was the first time that I found myself not even wanting to play. The 1 night out of the week that i can play all night and I'm forcing myself to play. Are devs that out of touch?

QFT. I was in a zone with this game. I was loving doing everything i was doing and the promises of 1.2 was gonna make it sweeter. That being said, tonight was the first time that I found myself not even wanting to play. The 1 night out of the week that i can play all night and I'm forcing myself to play. Are devs that out of touch?

The ONLY reason I logged back in was to finish my daily since I was @ 2/3. (Had probably went 2 for 16 when I took a break) That certainly wouldn't be the norm. Even if I was getting steamrolled by the servers resident premade I still would keep requeuing because I was at least collecting valor and Comm's. And am I to understand that credits and XP were nerfed as well? (I am not sure, that's an actual ?)

Just seems like I was all jazzed up for PVP right up until 1.2 when things took an odd turn towards the tedious.

The ONLY reason I logged back in was to finish my daily since I was @ 2/3. (Had probably went 2 for 16 when I took a break) That certainly wouldn't be the norm. Even if I was getting steamrolled by the servers resident premade I still would keep requeuing because I was at least collecting valor and Comm's. And am I to understand that credits and XP were nerfed as well? (I am not sure, that's an actual ?)

Just seems like I was all jazzed up for PVP right up until 1.2 when things took an odd turn towards the tedious.

They increased the price of PvP gear too. So now you get less and require more. The more you win the faster you're geared and the more you will win. The more you lose the slower you gear and the more you lose. Brilliant Bioware logic. They are turning this into a korean grindfest. I'll play TERA if I want a korean MMO.

Another thing that bugged me was as a sorc I can hit my crit CD and cast a single heal and get a medal. I tried this at the last minute of a match. Looking for someone to heal. I couldn't because I got interrupted and pushbacked. So this other team who had already won and had their rewards in the bag just denied me a medal. I know it's not their fault. They are just playing as normal, but with the game being as it is now that really pissed me off. If I had had 2 medal they would have effectively screwed me. The idea of other teams preventing people from getting credit kinda bothers me.

Edited by Dayshadow

You guys are lying

I get 27-57 comms whenever i loose because you know why I GET 3 MEDALS IN EVERY WZ and if i DO NOT GET that it means we loose to premade in 2min or max 3 so we dont deserver anything

SIMPLE

Loss average rewards: 35 comms 1500 valor 850 credits 12.500 XP

Win average rewards: 80 comms 2500 valor 2200 credits 13500 XP

the average is based on todays 20 games i played won 9 lost 11 in 1 loss i received 000000 but it was over in less than 3 min

So where is the problem

They may be trying to force PvE, it's the only answer I can think of. I'm not doing it.

It is so easy to get medals now. You guys aren't doing something right.

I helped take a node in Novare last night and stayed there for a good 5 minutes and had 3 medals just for that with no attacking.

Stop lying m8 against a premade you get squat 25 comms where as the 1.5 patch you got 60+ for a loss who wants to be the person stuck on a empty node all night no wonder ppl are just staying @ a node thats won

Edited by skotish

They can't stop quitters. Not without making PvP unattractive. If you're going to not give my credit and force me to stay in I just would stop queuing... and end my subscription. Not really sure why anyone quit before. It wasn't like losing meant the end of the world. I hardly ever quit before. Now if I enter a losing WZ in progress I tell them why I'm quitting then quit. And now there is no 120 sec timer so even if it was 1 vs 8 that 1 guys gets hosed for sticking it out.

Oddly enough I came into a winning match and played for about 30 secs and got FULL REWARDS. 6 automatic medals for win time (or whatever it was) and 2 I managed to get in that 30 secs (assassin and killing blow). So winners get full benefit regardless of their contribution. The level of F'd up this is boggles my mind.

Your second point is a good one. I showed up on the winning side of a 5-0 Huttball and yelled Dont score, I just got here! But we did score and I got full rewards because the team won quickly. Nice for me but very stupid mechanics.

I probably still won't quit because of the play 10 and play 50 daily and weekly quests, but i will go "defend" our one cap point a lot earlier now and I bet a lot of other players will too.

The loss of rewards\XP for participation strongly discourages the role PvP has for primarily PvE players. I suspect many of us dabble in PvP because we need XP boosts that assist us in PvE play. When you're starting out a new character - as I am presently - it's pretty hard to be amazing in PvP, and it's now very, very disheartening to know there is a possibility of not even leaving with some XP.

The other thing that I have noticed now that I've switched (albeit temporarily) to Sith, is that PvP involves Sith vs. Sith match-ups. This may have been happening for a while, of course, and being a Republic player I might simply have not realised. However, it sucks. I switched to Sith to play against Republic. In the PvP games I have played, I have only versed Sith. It defeats the purpose of the two sides, and simply is not fun.

I have to say, Patch 1.2. is a fizzer for me. PvP was pretty cool beforehand, with longer fights and guaranteed XP\rewards for participation. 1.2. has made my experience worse.

And there were plenty of things that COULD have been done better with a patch. For instance, targeting in this game is the worst I have ever seen. Many times - in both PvP and PvE - I have been reduced to almost screaming at my monitor in frustration as a character waltzes in front of me, and I furiously press TAB or Q (which I have set to "nearest enemy") only to find that neither key will target the player in my sight because there are either nearer enemies or TAB is switching between characters in some weird order. I cannot count the number of kills lost due to the abysmal targeting.

Another issue I discovered is that conversations with some character classes are buggy. Voice-overs do not play properly and you end up with length cut-scenes of two characters silently gesturing to each other. There are bugs that crop up on Korriban when your character dies by dropping off a cliff, or down an elevator shaft, and your companion is left. The portrait keeps saying "Invalid Character" and the companion does not behave like it should until it resets itself after five-ten minutes.

These are the sorts of things that SHOULD have been addressed. Basic stuff. Necessary stuff. Instead we got inexplicable class changes, a new war-zone that is simply a remake of an existing one, and numerous features (like the Legacy system) which simply has limited appeal to hack-n-slash PvE players like me.

The irony is BW's "Celebrate Legacy" banner. Every time I see it, I just see the thousands of words in-chat and on-forum of people who seem to think there's not a whole lot to celebrate, especially now that Ranked PvP is a "sometime in the future" prospect.

Interesting priorities.

You guys are lying

I get 27-57 comms whenever i loose because you know why I GET 3 MEDALS IN EVERY WZ and if i DO NOT GET that it means we loose to premade in 2min or max 3 so we dont deserver anything

SIMPLE

Loss average rewards: 35 comms 1500 valor 850 credits 12.500 XP

Win average rewards: 80 comms 2500 valor 2200 credits 13500 XP

the average is based on todays 20 games i played won 9 lost 11 in 1 loss i received 000000 but it was over in less than 3 min

So where is the problem

The problem is that people quit a warzone when they start losing, because the comms aren't worth it anymore. Then people join a horribly unbalanced warzone that won't end because they removed the timer. Then these people get farmed until the match ends, and it's very likely they didn't get their three medals because of either team imbalance being too great, or very little time in the warzone.

It's a problem that is obviously effecting a good number of people.

It is so easy to get medals now. You guys aren't doing something right.

^

This.

Guarded a freaking door in voidstar, the one that WASN'T getting zerged, and still got 9 freaking medals. 4 of which were objective based medals. You know, objectives? Those things you're supposed to be focused on? Yeah, they put in objective medals now. You get rewarded for defending/attacking objectives now. Who'da thunk it?

So the OP isn't lying, he may be a healer like me it is extremely hard for us to earn medals now for some reason, DPS is the way to go. I have cancelled my subscription and in the reason explained that the new PVP / reward system is horrible. I'm hoping that voting that way Bioware will see the issue if a bunch of people unsubscribe and tell them why in the reason box (select game issue: pvp). If their metrics show hey we are losing thousands due to PVP after patch 1.2, maybe we should fix it?

I have 95 days on my subscription left (plus the free 30 days when they add it I guess) so it's not like they won't have a few months to fix the issues.

It's extremely frustrating to be the top healer on both teams by far in a map healing your butt off and only get 2 medals = zero rewards. I don't get it, in 1.1.5 I earned plenty of medals as a healer, now I earn jack squat.

So the OP isn't lying, he may be a healer like me it is extremely hard for us to earn medals now for some reason, DPS is the way to go. I have cancelled my subscription and in the reason explained that the new PVP / reward system is horrible. I'm hoping that voting that way Bioware will see the issue if a bunch of people unsubscribe and tell them why in the reason box (select game issue: pvp). If their metrics show hey we are losing thousands due to PVP after patch 1.2, maybe we should fix it?

I have 95 days on my subscription left (plus the free 30 days when they add it I guess) so it's not like they won't have a few months to fix the issues.

It's extremely frustrating to be the top healer on both teams by far in a map healing your butt off and only get 2 medals = zero rewards. I don't get it, in 1.1.5 I earned plenty of medals as a healer, now I earn jack squat.

so if your team is holding 2 obejctives at coast or alderaan and you stand there and heal you get only 2 medals youd want to say?

LIES!

Medals are easy to get now, if you are getting under 7 medals a game then you need to start playing better.

Most games I average 12 and have maxed 19.

If you are not getting 3 medals then you are being more than useless.

L2P before you whine on the forums.

EDIT:

Merc Healer, even with the nurf its still easy.

Edited by Laughyboy

Nobody's "lying". I think where people are getting confused is that the PvP experience is different for different classes, and what is happening for one person is not necessarily happening to you, and vice versa.

Medals certainly are easier to get for some classes/roles, and they certainly can be more difficult for other classes/roles to obtain if those players do not change their play style to focus on obtaining medals. Like it or not, the game mechanics have changed, and players must learn to adapt to them until such time as they change again, if ever.

From personal experience, as a sorc healer -- I went into the WZs knowing my class had been hit hard, and I tried to play the same way I always had. First match was the new WZ, and I got brought into with only two minutes left. While I tried to help out my team we lost -- I got 0 comms, 0 creds, and 0 valor. Seemed a bit harsh, but whatever, it was a very short match so I'll just queue again.

Second match was Voidstar. Again, we lost. I did all right, was able to get over 300k healing despite the changes to sorcs...and got roughly 30 comms, no credits. That's somewhat discouraging; I had healed well, I had tried to capture some doors, I'd defended well -- they hadn't reached the core -- but 30 comms was what I had to show for it. I don't view this as anyone's problem but mine -- clearly, I'm not playing the game BW wants me to play, and haven't figured out yet how to most efficiently farm medals as a healer.

Third match was Huttball. Greeeat.;) Lost again, lost badly -- 6-0. These are PUGs, it happens -- I don't start yelling about how terrible people are, or why won't they focus on the ball, why is everyone in our own pit and nobody's in mid, etc -- and got (you guessed it) -- 0 comms, 0 creds, and 0 valor for my time.

I could queue as a pre-made, certainly. I could join a PvP guild. However, I enjoyed the fact that I could get home after work and queue solo, lose a few, win a few, knock out my daily, and move on. As someone who used to lead world-ranked teams (before the cries of "l2play!"), it's refreshing to not have a second job as soon as I come home, and I'm not really eager to give that up just for Internet Purplez.

At that point, I decided that the new WZs were not for me, and while I wanted to upgrade my ugly "red skull" BM gear with "there's a spider sitting on my face" WH gear, I'd rather wait until things are changed a bit -- the reward/time-investment ratio isn't worth it in my case. I can handle being the only healer in the WZ, and getting focus-fired repeatedly because of it; I can even handle the idea that I should heal less and work on medal-generation more, however having so little to show for it in the end makes it less worthwhile overall. Mind you, this leaves aside all the rant about how terrible it is to try to play a sorc healer in PvP right now -- figured I'd leave that out, and focus instead on the "zomg wzs r fine u r lying!!!11oneone" stuff. They may be great for some roles, but they're not for all roles/play styles...and that's the challenge to BW, to find that balance.

people complained about no reason to win. Bioware gave you a reason to try and win.