Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

It never was about the money. This promotion could have never been offered that I still would've gladly paid my monthly fee to play the game because I feel that it is a great value product. It may have its detractors but I'm sure getting my share of fun out of it, and so I'm sticking by it. However when the company behind it treats you like a subpar customer, it hurts, and that's not easily forgotten. Fixing the promotion is a temporary band-aid, you're gonna have to do a lot more to win back your customers' trust and respect in the long run.

This. This so much.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it should be available to all players who have been here since day 1 no matter what level there chr is. My highest is lvl 39 and my legacy lvl is only lvl 2 because i cannot play more than 2-3 hours a night because i have whats known as a RL = REAL LIFE.

2-3 hours per night for four months is plenty of time to reach level 50.

Are you trying to say that anyone without a level 50 doesn't have a 'real life'?

LeonBraun said:

Because the community needs people to be playing the game in oder to build it... Active community bring more community.

The original bonus was offered only to players who had a character at level 50. As many of those people defending the original criteria have pointed out, it only takes a week or two to get to 50, providing you focus on nothing but levelling that character. Do you really want to argue that somebody going from 0-50 in two weeks is contributing to an "active community"?

If I sit on a sub, sure I'm spending money but I'm not contributing any building to the community.

I am not sitting on a sub. I play almost every day. I have many, many alts. I offer help when people ask questions in chat. I create and join groups for flashpoints. I craft, collect, buy, and sell. I queue for warzones.

Frankly, I think I contribute a great deal.

Players want to see MMO's full of life and people out playing. This legacy promo fix was the right thing to do.

See the above. How many 50s do you see in your travels? I suppose, if you're already 50, then you're running around a level-appropriate zone, or you're on the fleet, or you're running with other players your own level doing whatever it is you do when you're 50.

The point is that new players don't see 50s all that much. Who they see is experienced players levelling alts and answering their questions.

And the "fix" is as misguided as the original offer. It still sends the wrong message.

Please there has been so much worse in the MMO world. How about all of the incidents with Greg 'Ghostcrawler' Street and his infamous 'blog'. If you are a part of this world and you have that thin of a skin I really fell sorry for you. No change that.. I feel sorry for your fellow employees that are going to have to put up with you running to HR every other day because you feel slighted.

Bioware has handled this in the best possible way that they could have. I have yet to see ANY.. ANY.. other MMO hand out a FREE MONTH after Launch and not attached to the initial purchase of their product.

You want to leave, fine. Me personally I'm staying. Because they have proven to me that they are in it for the long haul. They might have made some mistakes, it is true. But I guess I'm not the kind of guy to hang someone for a first offense.

And that's great for you! I'm not asking for anyone to share my feelings.

What exactly, are you talking about anyway? Where did I say this was the worse thing that ever happened in the history of MMO's? Thin skin........because I want Bioware to learn their lesson and not have a disaster like this happen again? Um, ok....

Handled this the best possible way? How do you know this, do you work there? Has Bioware apologized? Has Bioware reassured us that something like this wouldn't happen again? Has Bioware redefined their meaning of "loyal"?

First offense? I see you weren't around at launch for their "no grace period" insanity.

Edited by Skoobie

errr.. i just got this game last month and am playing with the free 30 days. i haven't paid for any 1 month of game time yet. so does that means that i am unable to get the free 30 days even if i managed to have a lv 50 char?

Veiled attempt to pad subscription count for 30 more days?

Really? Come on. If you owned a big arsed company like this and had your own mmo out and you were about to lose subs, you think you wouldn't do anything to attempt to keep from failing? That is unrealistic. They know what happened to SWG, I don't think they want that to happen here.

for those of you insisting that BW give you a personal written apology please drop the ego. yes giving the entitlement in the first place was a mistake, if BW hasn't realized that come next month they will.

Again yes they made a mistake, BUT they have dedicated to a coarse of action that will force them to pay for it. if you cant accept that as at least partial atonement then the fact of the matter is your selfish.

Really? Come on. If you owned a big arsed company like this and had your own mmo out and you were about to lose subs, you think you wouldn't do anything to attempt to keep from failing? That is unrealistic. They know what happened to SWG, I don't think they want that to happen here.

anybody??

LeonBraun said:

Because the community needs people to be playing the game in oder to build it... Active community bring more community.

The original bonus was offered only to players who had a character at level 50. As many of those people defending the original criteria have pointed out, it only takes a week or two to get to 50, providing you focus on nothing but levelling that character. Do you really want to argue that somebody going from 0-50 in two weeks is contributing to an "active community"?

If I sit on a sub, sure I'm spending money but I'm not contributing any building to the community.

I am not sitting on a sub. I play almost every day. I have many, many alts. I offer help when people ask questions in chat. I create and join groups for flashpoints. I craft, collect, buy, and sell. I queue for warzones.

Frankly, I think I contribute a great deal.

Players want to see MMO's full of life and people out playing. This legacy promo fix was the right thing to do.

See the above. How many 50s do you see in your travels? I suppose, if you're already 50, then you're running around a level-appropriate zone, or you're on the fleet, or you're running with other players your own level doing whatever it is you do when you're 50.

The point is that new players don't see 50s all that much. Who they see is experienced players levelling alts and answering their questions.

And the "fix" is as misguided as the original offer. It still sends the wrong message.

Bingo.

Really? errr.. i just got this game last month and am playing with the free 30 days. i haven't paid for any 1 month of game time yet. so does that means that i am unable to get the free 30 days even if i managed to have a lv 50 char?

opps quoted the wrong post just now. can someone help me here?

Edited by Risering

2-3 hours per night for four months is plenty of time to reach level 50.

Are you trying to say that anyone without a level 50 doesn't have a 'real life'?

What i'm saying is that i took my time to explore and check out the different classes to see which i liked better. Therefore i have uhh.... more than one character?!i certainly didn't hop servers and create charatcers there. Read what i wrote again and this time, try to understand the plain english in it.

What i'm saying is that i took my time to explore and check out the different classes to see which i liked better. Therefore i have uhh.... more than one character?!i certainly didn't hop servers and create charatcers there. Read what i wrote again and this time, try to understand the plain english in it.

I do have multiple alts on seperate servers. Same situation.

errr.. i just got this game last month and am playing with the free 30 days. i haven't paid for any 1 month of game time yet. so does that means that i am unable to get the free 30 days even if i managed to have a lv 50 char?

As long as met these requirements by yesterday you should be fine

• You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
  • You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.
  • You must have at least one level 50 character.
  • Your account must not be banned.

As long as met these requirements by yesterday you should be fine

• You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
  • You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.
  • You must have at least one level 50 character.
  • Your account must not be banned.

ok. thanks for the help! =)

Okay...so people are talking about being appreciated as valued customers? I mean...I see how people who have been here since day one (I am one also) would want the free month along with the level 50 players, and Legacy Level 6 players. I get it. Maybe we deserve it more than the level 50 players. That makes sense.

But I guess I just don't feel the need to be treated by Bioware as if I were it's girlfriend. I feel like they are the ones doing all the work and they are the ones who should getting the appreciation from us.

I just think it's great that they are even trying to be good about listening to their customers. Most companies won't even do that. For that, even if I won't get a free month, feel like a valued customer.

Edited by CandarOrdo

Wow its a nice gimmick to get people to play more to get the free month. BUT you are STILL not honoring your player base. Players who are loyal and paying since day one as well as playing beta are still not eligable for a free month unless they were hardcore and played to lvl 50. I play alt but at a pace were i can enjoy the awesome storylines. But im not eligable unless i jump through hoops for a eight day contest to get to lvl 50 and now legacy lvl 6 . Yayyy NOT. Again bioware love the game but shame on you.

Still unsubbed since the good Dr. and his crew can't seem to figure out what PvP is all about. Thanks for ruining TOR for me as well as many of my guildmates. It's too bad... BW used to be a game designer I could look forward to. Now I shall stay away from them like the plague.

So, instead of free play time, may I get a refund?

Okay...so people are talking about being appreciated as valued customers? I mean...I see how people who have been here since day one (I am one also) would want the free month along with the level 50 players, and Legacy Level 6 players. I get it. Maybe we deserve it more than the level 50 players. That makes sense.

But I guess I just don't feel the need to be treated by Bioware as if I were it's girlfriend. I feel like they are the ones doing all the work and they are the ones who should getting the appreciation from us.

I just think it's great that they are even trying to be good about listening to their customers. Most companies won't even do that. For that, even if I won't get a free month, feel like a valued customer.

The problem is they single out one group and treat them well and say that these people are appreciated but don't give a damn about the rest of their user base. That is the issue at hand.

Please, I am not asking for anything, I don't need a pennance 30 days for a game I don't mind paying for because I enjoy it. I am just annoyed that I am not a valued customer when my dedication to the game has shown well more than otherwise.

Proves my point. It doesnt matter what they do you got your feelings hurt and you want to vent. Its ok you can just admit it.

Hello everyone! At BioWare we're always listening to our fans and we've heard our community's comments around players with Level 50 characters being the only group awarded 30 days of play time. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to announce that we are expanding our Legacy Promotion, also awarding 30 days of play time at no charge to players that have reached Legacy Level 6 (who may not have a 50th level character).

This was a fine move. Awarding on Legacy level is much more in line with the philosophy and promotional direction of the game. Even more praise for changing this to an announced date, so that people that want to work toward the goal will be able to. Two thumbs up from me.

As an aside, you guys really need to hire a player analyst, or develop a community based player advocacy group to run these things by before you announce them. The community reaction was very predictable to those with 15 years of MMO experience from the player side. I am sure you would have a huge pool of volunteers if you decided to go this route, myself included.

To wrap things up on a positive note, thanks for listening. This is the kind of thing your players in it for the long haul will remember.

The problem is they single out one group and treat them well and say that these people are appreciated but don't give a damn about the rest of their user base. That is the issue at hand.

OMG I JOINED 3 DAYS AGO AND IM LVL 11 AND OMG WHY ARENT I GETTING A FREE MONTH OF PLAY TIME OMG YOU DONT CARE ABOUT ME BW!! I AM THE BIGGEST STAR WARS FAN, LOOK ON MY ACCOUNT NAME IS LUKELOVER95!! I WANT MY FREE MONTH WAAHH WAAHHHHHHHHH.

Thats how 50% of this forum sounds right now. Sad.

(also, before you get your panties in a twist - Ive been playing for LESS than a month, half a part time job and school AND girlfriend AND STILL have 1 lvl 50 and a few alts - this game is RIDICULOUSLY easy to level in)