If not for a single word

Mannce

Truth.

Another 'Truth'. This is why we don't get daily statements or updates from game companies. If they make a mistake in the wording, some take them to the cleaners. So while your waiting for your updates, sorry, you will just have to wait longer.....the statement is currently in legals department having each word poor'd over.

you're really upset over the word loyal? :rolleyes:

Oh not I. I could care less. If they didn't want me as a customer they wouldn't take my credit card each month. After reading the other thread. I'm just fully convinced there are allot of rebels without a cause out there. And this 'cause' is right up their narrow alley.

Edited by Mannce

Meh.

I sympathize with them regardless of the wording.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that when you take more than 1 million people and give a majority of them a piece of free candy that the people who didn't get the free candy are going to be upset.

If they're bothering you, ignore them. Being condescending with them because they want to get the same free treat that you did definitely isn't helping though.

Edited by Orizuru

i play TOR because I enjoy TOR not because i'm loyal to EA, Bioware, or the LucasArts brand. You don't enjoy it, go away, that is of course the only soluation to keep you from not enjoying the game. You stop playing you find enjoyment in something else.........of course until you find something else to complain about.

Meh.

I sympathize with them regardless of the warning.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that when you take more than 1 million people and give a majority of them a piece of free candy that the people who didn't get the free candy are going to be upset.

If they're bothering you, ignore them. Being condescending with them because they want to get the same free treat that you did definitely isn't helping though.

I sympathize as well. Condescending, hardly. Truth often times hurt. One single word, that's it. All this over a single word. I feel sad for them more them I sympathize actually. So many things in this world to be 'upset' about. Sadly most don't even care about them. The game is more important. That is at heart of this. Some people are just not happy unless they stand up for all to hear demanding their honor restored. I get that. But I just had my Lawyer wife read the email. The ambiguity of the opening statement 'one' and 'loyal', are indeed correct. The use of the word 'one' gets them off the hook, legally. How do those upset know they are not the 'other one', just with no freebie for being said one. Does it mean they value them any less. Certainly not. And to think otherwise is merely childish. Not being a child, but behaving like you.

So since you could care less you do care a little. If not for a single word you may not have cared at all.

Here's another one then. Talk about splitting hairs. Although that was nice. I haven't heard that before. But sorry to offend you, I used the wrong word. Couldn't care less. There happy :p Maybe I should give you a free month for using the wrong wording.

Edited by Mannce

What exactly are you standing on? So, they are rebels without a cause? What does that make you?

1/10 - try harder

Sorry can you explain your statement. It doesn't make sense to me as worded. Thanks.

I'm mostly happy with the game, so I assume the OP is talking about me...but I have no idea what he's referring to.

I'm gonna call this a cleverness fail and move on.

Sorry, have you missed the other 200 page thread about the word loyalty?

Another 'Truth'. This is why we don't get daily statements or updates from game companies. If they make a mistake in the wording, some take them to the cleaners. So while your waiting for your updates, sorry, you will just have to wait longer.....the statement is currently in legals department having each word poor'd over.

My friend, I understand what you are trying to say.

But this was not just a statement. This was a statement with a gift of financial incentive. That means this wasn't just some PR or Marketing hack running amok, unless they horked the corporate checkbook and ran with it, in which case they ought to either be suspended today or fired over it.

This was a planned, orchestrated event that went all the way to the top of management for approval. They knew full well it was only going to a portion of the player base, and someone (if they weren't asleep at the wheel) should have ASKED what the REASON was going to be as it was released to the world.

And SOMEONE should have seen the final copy for APPROVAL before it went out on such a high-profile issue.

And that SOMEONE, or someone ELSE, should have brought up the fact that just "level 50" is a seriously poor metric for determining value and loyalty to be singled out so specifically and reinforced with such a gift. Again, the message is the crucial issue... the gift is what seals the fact that it was planned, thought-out, and went through MULTIPLE levels of approval.

It wasn't something they threw together in 30 minutes and rushed out the door. And it wasn't some impulse tweet made by a frustrated employee.

I would wager it was in the works for days, perhaps from the moment they realized that they wouldn't be releasing Ranked Warzones, perhaps longer than that.

This should have been plenty of time to lasso this rampaging sucker in and make some adjustments that didn't kick the teeth of the other portion of their player base.

Edited by Kubernetic

Oh not I. I could care less. If they didn't want me as a customer they wouldn't take my credit card each month. After reading the other thread. I'm just fully convinced there are allot of rebels without a cause out there. And this 'cause' is right up their narrow alley.

Booyah! Totally.

My friend, I understand what you are trying to say.

But this was not just a statement. This was a statement with a gift of financial incentive. That means this wasn't just some PR or Marketing hack running amok, unless they horked the corporate checkbook and ran with it, in which case they ought to either be suspended today or fired over it.

This was a planned, orchestrated event that went all the way to the top of management for approval. They knew full well it was only going to a portion of the player base, and someone (if they weren't asleep at the wheel) should have ASKED what the REASON was going to be as it was released to the world.

And SOMEONE should have seen the final copy for APPROVAL before it went out on such a high-profile issue.

It wasn't something they threw together in 30 minutes and rushed out the door..

I would wager it was in the works for days, perhaps from the moment they realized that they wouldn't be releasing Ranked Warzones, perhaps longer than that.

This should have been plenty of time to lasso this rampaging sucker in and make some adjustments that didn't kick the teeth of the other portion of their player base.

Retractions and typo's are committed every day my friend.

I sympathize as well. Condescending, hardly. Truth often times hurt. One single word, that's it. All this over a single word. I feel sad for them more them I sympathize actually. So many things in this world to be 'upset' about. Sadly most don't even care about them. The game is more important. That is at heart of this. Some people are just not happy unless they stand up for all to hear demanding their honor restored. I get that. But I just had my Lawyer wife read the email. The ambiguity of the opening statement 'one' and 'loyal', are indeed correct. The use of the word 'one' gets them off the hook, legally. How do those upset know they are not the 'other one', just with no freebie for being said one. Does it mean they value them any less. Certainly not. And to think otherwise is merely childish. Not being a child, but behaving like you.

I'm sorry, but what? I'm not exactly following you here. I get the feeling that there are some keys words and/or ideas missing in what I'm reading here.