Maruaders need to be nerfed

Damioc

The marauder YES needs to be nerfed and this is coming from a mara. BUT it shouldnt be a HUGE nerf

RAVAGE

Ravage for one does not do 10k dmg (I heard carnage although does give it a 8% buff) for the avrg maruader it does any where from 4-6k dmg over a LONG period of time honestly if you take in account how long it takes ravage to get the last hit off - the amount of dmg you could of done if you hadnt done ravage its not a big differance.

Plus if your standing there long enough for the LAST hit ravage does then you diserve it. YES ravage does not do most of its dmg intill the END of its affect.

SMASH

In the rage tree smash crits big numbers and it now crits about 1 more thousand then it use to BUT it now costs 2 more rage then it orignally did. (Puting 2 points in anni spec knocked it down to 1 you can no longer do that) SMASH really doesnt need to be touched.

VERY SHORT CONCLUSION: Ravage needs to be nerfed about 1500 dmg for UNCARNAGE specced marauders and in the carnage tree the 8% buff to ravage needs to go down to 5%ish...

This is my view point as a marauder on the situation this is my OPINION I welcome your OPINION on the subject at hand lets please DISCUSS this like civil people.....

Edited by Damioc

The maurader YES needs to be nerfed and this is coming from a mara. BUT it shouldnt be a HUGE nerf

RAVAGE

Ravage for one does not do 10k dmg (I heard carnage although does give it a 8% buff) for the avrg maruader it does any where from 4-6k dmg over a LONG period of time honestly if you take in account how long it takes ravage to get the last hit off - the amount of dmg you could of done if you hadnt done ravage its not a big differance.

Plus if your standing there long enough for the LAST hit ravage does then you diserve it. YES ravage does not do most of its dmg intill the END of its affect.

SMASH

In the rage tree smash crits big numbers and it now crits about 1 more thousand then it use to BUT it now costs 2 more rage then it orignally did. (Puting 2 points in anni spec knocked it down to 1 you can no longer do that) SMASH really doesnt need to be touched.

VERY SHORT CONCLUSION: Ravage needs to be nerfed about 1500 dmg for UNCARNAGE specced marauders and in the carnage tree the 8% buff to ravage needs to go down to 5%ish...

This is my view point as a marauder on the situation this is my OPINION I welcome your OPINION on the subject at hand lets please DISCUSS this like civil people.....

You critically hit written English for over 9000!!!

No you fool. Have you not seen how BioWare does nerfs? It is not a slight toning down, its a complete gutting of the class. Who cares if it is OP, whiners will just jump on the next class they want nerfed. Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Try the thread title. Not that such nitpicky stuff matters.

I said post not the thread title. (Kinda counting on people like the other guy coming in here to troll about it my hopes where they would atleast read my opinion looking for more to troll before they posted.)

Fighting a Marauder/Sentinel has always bin hard in there"watchman Specc" but after patch with exp. Boost to dmg they kill me and most classes in 3-4 sec and have and invulnerablility for 5sec basicly killing me while I cant scratch them.

There is no room for CC, Kiteing, avoidence or extending the fight now either...

This situation cant even be defended by Marauders or Sentinels themselfs.

It seems a little early to be calling for nerfs. Patch just came out. We have one day of experience playing on it.

Melee do seem to be a bit strong though. I'll just wait and see how things play out.

The marauder YES needs to be nerfed and this is coming from a mara. BUT it shouldnt be a HUGE nerf

RAVAGE

SMASH

Sorry Marauders. Sorc here so let me tell you: Public perception has you as the best class right now. that means you will be nerfed into garbage next patch. It is how bioware rolls.

geez wish I could kill as fast as people claim sentinels can, I been playing sentinel since pre-launch. The class was probably the most under powered at the time; in which, it is a pure dps class to play. Meaning we have way more than 2-4 button to push and learning how to stack our attacks into something (focus), watchmen is dmg over time rarely get top medals, yes does good dmg. (Combat) has always been bad, I don't think anyone uses except for Pve users and even then watchmen works better in pve. Now lets discuss what plagued sentinels before the 1.2 patch: merc's that use rapid scan and shield, medium armor and stunned deaths by all classes, lacks any type of shove/push force abilities (although almost every class has one, very weak heals that require understanding and stack in tree certain ways), lastly, I don't notice much of a change other than pvp is more fast paced, other classes are hitting harder as well. I would gladly give up sentinel dps for heavy armor, less buttons and more stuns, healing and a shove/push even a pull. But then I would have just rolled a commando/vanguard or a sage.

Sorry Marauders. Sorc here so let me tell you: Public perception has you as the best class right now. that means you will be nerfed into garbage next patch. It is how bioware rolls.

re-roll lol like most imps do. I will be seeing full teams of Marauders now, first it was sorc's & Bh's, than ops and merc/sorc's. Now throwing marauders into the mix.

Originally Posted by Ravezaar

Fighting a Marauder/Sentinel has always bin hard in there"watchman Specc" but after patch with exp. Boost to dmg they kill me and most classes in 3-4 sec...

So they kill you in 2 hits? LOL! LIES!

what i thought as well, LIEZ. send in report because the person probably cheating lol. Or u just didn't noticed you had commando/bh 5 stack on you reducing your armor to garbage or ranged just banging on you.

Edited by Neamocoob

Another patch, another nerf class 'X' thread. You have to love the gaming community.

It's obvious that BioWare borrowed WOWs gaming community. Yeah...this game was doomed to fail before it was even released...especially if BioWare follows the advice of the golden spoon fed whiners of WOW. Sad.

Master Strike (ravage) is fine as it is.

Watchman: Me personally, I liked old watchman better.... 80% speed and 1 focus cyclone slash for building centering when the fight is over was much more appealing in a wz than extra damage on master strike, and 1 extra focus on force leap.

Combat seems much stronger than it was in 1.2. Ataru form seemed to be procing twice from blade rush at least. I need to look into that more though. The burst in it is very appealing with the increased centering gain. At the same time, it doesn't have the heals of watchman so it is not very good in 1v1.

Focus lost cheap force sweep, but gained singularity pretty much on demand. Good changes, not overpowered though.

I think the biggest issue with this patch is the expertise changes, not classes themselves. I'd suggest rolling back those changes before nerfing anything.

Edited by OdamanPrime

RAVAGE

SMASH

1.So you play mara but you can not even spell it righ.

2. Ravage is 3 sec cast. Step out of range. Doooooh.

3. And that's reason i know you don't play mara, because smash / decimate /did get nerfed from 30% damage increase to 20% for both mara and jugg.

I've been playing Watchmen spec for around 2 months now and did a fair bit of pvp yesterday after the patch. I do just as much damage as I did before; I wouldn't say I do anymore. The main changes were the removal of focus cost for a 90% accuracy debuff, a 6 second AoE which is removed on damage stun, and moving my amazing 80% speed buff to the combat tree.

Sentinels and marauders in my mind are very strong when played by a skilled player, but I don't see too many averaging 300k+ damage all the time.

I can't comment on the Master Strike / Ravage overpoweredness because I don't play the combat spec.