Not Happy. Taugrim From Pro Guides,Pro Gameplay On Patch 1.2

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He pretty much sums up how we all feel. Competetive and casual players.

SWTOR PVP in 1.2: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Very good read Taugrim, ty. :)

ps. GW2 and Tera still won't replace the fun factor in SWTOR, this game is still evolving atm.

It takes time to work kinks out in mmo's, Warcraft was not finely tuned it's first year, and even after TBC.

Apples to Oranges man, but I agree on mostly what you have said far as 1.2 is concerned at this very moment.

Edited by Caeliux

Simply put, the class balance in 1.2 is the worst I’ve seen since the game was launched, and I no longer believe SWTOR’s class balance is positively differentiated from other games on the market.

Gotta agree with that, sadly. Of course, posts on class balance in the PvP forums have no credibility, but I actually think my Juggernaut is pretty freaking powerful since 1.2...so not whining about the class I play.

2 Cents. I agree with everything that taugrim wrote.

MY 2 CENTS on the Expertise differences and the Much shorter TTK (time to kill)

The 1v1 healer debate has long since been hashed and rehashed. Balance is focused on group pvp and not 1v1 anywho but I think this nerf came down to the fact that 2/3 and now 3/4 of the pvp maps can be COMPLETELY dominated by a good healer with a decent team. If you had 2 or more healers the balance became even more ridiculous. The amount of time a good healer or mutliple healers can stay alive was ABSURD.

It seemed like the pvp in this game got to the point where dps and tank roles did not have ANYWHERE near the impact of a good healer. It's like taking the quarterback role out of the superbowl and just putting in anyone else and tell them to get the ball down the field..

<<THE ROLE OF HEALER BECAME TOO MUCH OF AN IMPACT ON WARZONE OUTCOME>>

POINT BLANK this is a nerf to the end result of whoever has the better healers or any healers almost ALWAYS won...

I think the change in expertise was to end the problem with healers being 2 powerful but it had a VERY detrimental effect on the TTK and took away a lot of the tactics a longer time to kill brings.

The guy that said tanking stats sucks?

And now qqing about maras, which have had talent tree buffed that relies heavy on white damage that are avoidable and shieldable by sucking tanking stats?

Nice writings.

The only bad thing of 1.2 - no 8 ppl queues and no cross-server warzones.

People who think this patch was good for the game better hope they like playing alone. Changes like these have killed games over and over and over. Skill is not havin fun beatng weakclasses. Skill is beating classes that are hard to kill and need to figure out ways to do it.

I mean why is nightmare mode hard because people have to figure out a way to beat it in ways not exactly straighforward. Nerfing heals is like nerfing NM content because people dont want it to be hard.

When will people learn its more fun to fight a healer with 2 pople and use cds and interupts properly to take them down then it is to o around 3 shoting everyone becaue when u can 3 shot somene then guess what u can be 3 shot aswell.

He pretty much sums up how we all feel. Competetive and casual players.

SWTOR PVP in 1.2: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

im pretty sure there are no competitive pvpers in this game

this game's more casual then anything else.so that probably pretty much killed all the competitive pvpers in this game.alot of them you just didnt know about because they arent the type that whine and cry on forums and say there unsubbing

Excellent article and spot on. Thank you for the link.

I just started playing over a month ago and I was so happy to find PvP in an MMO where tactics, strategy and good teamwork were so heavily required due to an excellent amount of survivability on all sides.

Of course, being an mmo, I expected regular tweaks to tighten this balance.

But then this massive sledge hammer got thrown at us - taking one of my favorite MMO PvPs and instantly reducing it to insta-kill rubbish.

It is very depressing.

id rather play alone then play with the spoiled babies who unsub because of some minor thing going wrong

Well enjoy it. They are obviously bleeding subscriptions to have to offer 30 days free. EA will pull this game so fast it will make your head spin. And then it won't be "playing alone" it will simply be nothing to play at all.

Of course, being an mmo, I expected regular tweaks to tighten this balance.

sadly that probably wont happen,or to the point where it needs to be

like ive said before,i treat this games pvp like world of warcraft.meaning back shelfed because biowares to busy with taking care of other things

its sad,but whatever.theres other aspects of the game im currently enjoying so i guess it balances out.plus i havent pvp'd since 1.2 so maybe some things improved in the area of pvp that wernt some new warzone i cant pick so ill probably get huttball over and over again

Absolutely 1000% agree with this article.

There is just much less skill involved with the nuke fest that it was yesterday. As a very mobile but somewhat squishy assault commando, I used to use posts, LoS, kiting, etc to do very good damage.

Now its just a zerg fest.

I really hope they can repair the TTK problems the articles discusses.

I really hope a pvp mod reads that article. I very much want this game to succeed.

I suggest you watch his stream sometime and realize he is in no way a whiner. His points are strong and he knows what he is talking about. The amazing thing is he nails some huge issues in 1 day of play that Bioware couldn't figure out in all the time this patch was on the test server.

Well said sir...

I don't take Taugrim's opinions for gospel, but I do respect his detailed reviews that includes sound math and logical explanations as to why he came to certain conclusions. This is enough for me to respect his opinions, whereas random people coming in and reciting net-kiddie speak as they think this is is an opportunity to crap on others and make themselves look good are just digging their graves for their own credibility.

All in all I do agree with most of the Taugrim's opinions from a PVP balance perspective. I'm a Guardian myself in full BM gear and I too feel that I'm killing way faster than I ever did prior to 1.2.

Edited by Moitteva
removed quoted removed post

If you play a Vanguard / Powertech, give me some time to sort out the changes

If TTK has decreased, then doesn't that further weaken the Shield Spec, and make Iron Fist less viable? I mean the whole point of a Tank is more TTK. Not sure if the Mitigation decrease is a bug, or working as intended. If so it's blaringly obvious what changes mean for a VG/PT - or anyone who is not DPS specced for that matter.

Edited by Torcer

The guy that said tanking stats sucks?

And now qqing about maras, which have had talent tree buffed that relies heavy on white damage that are avoidable and shieldable by sucking tanking stats?

Nice writings.

The only bad thing of 1.2 - no 8 ppl queues and no cross-server warzones.

Nice reading. He mentioned on demand survivability. They have 5 defensive cooldowns, and cloak of pain can have it's cooldown reduced on 1 spec. It's a 1 minute cooldown and can last 30 seconds. Add in obfuscate, saver ward, undying rage, and force cammo to that.

Those were not addressed and damage buffed in the mean time.

Edited by McGarnagle

I have to wonder, how could these changes have gone live? were the testers just screwing around with the tauntaun pets on the PTS?

What testers? You mean the select few high-end guilds that got selected and rushed off to Explosive Conflict to make sure they'll get their server firsts?