old BM gear did not convert/update in 1.2

Extenzz

the ironic thing is, if you had say a +24 endurance +50 accuracy and +37 crit enhancement in 3 pieces of gear and you pulled them all out... and put them into storage... if you then reapplied them... but put the identical enhancements in the wrong slots..for example

you pulled the mod from the legs, but it ended up in the chestpiece because you had no way of knowing which it belonged to originally... your gear wouldnt be updated because it doesnt have the "original mod"

honestly i didnt even know my battlemaster gear was supposed to be resocketed at all...let alone become worthless if it wasnt.... and i ticketed the situation and they said tough luck..so I unsubscribed. probably will do the same to you.

Edited by Descends

I'm also in this boat. I didn't have a chance to replace my mods, or remember which ones go where lol.

That being said, are we screwed now? Just have to rebuy our pvp gear or wait to get war hero gear?

Its a difference of 200+ expertise.

the ironic thing is, if you had say a +24 endurance +50 accuracy and +37 crit enhancement in 3 pieces of gear and you pulled them all out... and put them into storage... if you then reapplied them... but put the identical enhancements in the wrong slots..for example

you pulled the mod from the legs, but it ended up in the chestpiece because you had no way of knowing which it belonged to originally... your gear wouldnt be updated because it doesnt have the "original mod"

honestly i didnt even know my battlemaster gear was supposed to be resocketed at all...let alone become worthless if it wasnt.... and i ticketed the situation and they said tough luck..so I unsubscribed. probably will do the same to you.

Amazing - this is probably what happened. The fact that I'm screwed because of it is even more amazing. Blah.

I do feel sorry on this front for those unaware, I tried to throw the occasional psa type reminder in fleet chat a few times in the couple days before but it means nothing if you hadn't kept the.original uselessly itemized enhancements on hand. Fortunate that I had em for all but my chestpiece, but really think a bm to bm Exchange vendor option would have been good to tag along with the auto up-convert. Edited by paul_preib

Well how come it didnt work for me? I pulled 5 enhancements (head/chest/hands/legs/feet). 3 were with crit 2 were with pwr. Those 2 with pwr were head and chest. Put them back exactly how they were supposed to and those 2 with pwr didnt upgrade...

If i put them in the wrong way, how come 3 of 5 upgraded and only those 2 did not? Did i mix up the identical head/chest enhancements and magically hit the right spot for the 3 identical crit enhancements?

Also:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=408149

Edited by Lhaim

Even though my BM gear had the same mods/enhancements it did not convert to the updated + expertise version in 1.2 (even though the dev notes said it would).

Is there any recourse here?

Yeah, for our sets (since we have the same). Some of the Enhancements were the same stats but actually different. I believe for example Finesse and Initiative were both crit/accuracy/endurance. Same stats, but for sake of gear entirely different. Made no sense.

Should've just had a vendor that said "Trade in this BM piece with 58 Mods and get This BM Piece in return" Problem solved.

This is correct.

BW outright lied to us they specifically stated that as long as we put the mods/enchantments with the correct stats in them that they would upgrade.

Either of outright lack of knowledge (read: stupidity) or they just simple didn't care to tell us the truth (since there's no way for us to know which mod/enchantment belonged to what piece of gear) they just decided to let things "go" as is and hope for the best.

I spent about 400k re slotting all my BM gear back to normal only to find that my chest and legs hadn't upgraded (probably because I had the enchantments swapped despite them being the exact same ones).

Put in a ticket and a post on the CR forums...got an email that it would be forwarded up to the investigation team...

I've stood by this game for awhile now..but the state of PVP plus all this f ups that BW is constantly making (are the servers even back up yet??) is making it hard for me to justify spending my time and money in this game at all :/

The more important question is: why are we being punished for spending money/resources to improve our gear and make enhancements on the developers terrible stat selection (accuracy?). That and the fact I enjoyed a <10% roll on BM commendations. I'm rank 71 valor and still have 5 pieces to go for full BM - unreal. So basically I spent hours and hours to earn a BM piece, I spent money to upgrade it, I followed the devs instructions to reset it before 1.2 and I'm thanked with 200+ less expertise (maybe more if there are stat sheet errors). Awesome.

The more important question is: why are we being punished for spending money/resources to improve our gear and make enhancements on the developers terrible stat selection (accuracy?). That and the fact I enjoyed a <10% roll on BM commendations. I'm rank 71 valor and still have 5 pieces to go for full BM - unreal. So basically I spent hours and hours to earn a BM piece, I spent money to upgrade it, I followed the devs instructions to reset it before 1.2 and I'm thanked with 200+ less expertise (maybe more if there are stat sheet errors). Awesome.

Have to agree on itemization, actually debating whether I want to pick up a couple operative gloves to rip the power surge enhancements before I start saving up for war hero gear just because I hate seeing my surge drop from 75% to 62% just so I can be loaded with alacrity and knock .2 seconds off my longer to cast abilities.

Have to agree on itemization, actually debating whether I want to pick up a couple operative gloves to rip the power surge enhancements before I start saving up for war hero gear just because I hate seeing my surge drop from 75% to 62% just so I can be loaded with alacrity and knock .2 seconds off my longer to cast abilities.

thats a good idea, but they need to make an exchange vendor plain and simple...or DUNT DUNT DUNNN update the mods themselves......like zomg why didnt they do that? stupidity? maybe so... negligence? assuredly.... their give a frack is broken? possible.... pull the money away and get their attention.

thats a good idea, but they need to make an exchange vendor plain and simple...or DUNT DUNT DUNNN update the mods themselves......like zomg why didnt they do that? stupidity? maybe so... negligence? assuredly.... their give a frack is broken? possible.... pull the money away and get their attention.

Hmmm brings me to another idea if they are reticent to flat-up exchange BM to BM

Make mods (or more specifically for the poor itemization enhancements) that can be purchased for warzone commendations. Make it cost perhaps 40% of what the average BM piece costs )so it is still more efficient to buy the whole pieces themselves) and then just have all varieties of these available at a BM-equivalent stat budget.

This would serve to help people on multiple fronts

1.Those that were not in a position to have their BM gear updated (just not knowing about the change or not keeping their old enhancements saved back before it was announced) would be able to get their pieces up to par without having to grind out and buy an entire piece of gear now, not as good as 1:1 exchange but still helps

2.Those (think just about every class) can have the horrible itemization on BM gear replaced without having a major setback on their war hero grind by churning out BM gloves just to rip enhancements.

I don't care what combo of crit/surge, power surge, crit/power I get-- I don't have to be utter optimal min/maxed, just no more bloody alacrity, especially since healer resource management already took a hit-- I would rather my 1.5 second heal still take 1.5 seconds and crit for >2k again then crit for 1700 and take 1.35 seconds.

Edited by paul_preib

I really can't conceive a reason as to why you wouldn't update the mods themselves regardless to if they are in a peace of armor or stashed away in a bag or locker. In a data base that I presume says when this item exists it has xAIM / xEndureance / xStats. Changing the value of x should be a simple task and would in effect be an immediate change.

Edited by Triple-A

Had this happen to my BM Chest and Legs on my Scoundrel, all my other pieces updated correctly. Sent in a ticket, haven't got a response yet.

I know they were 'supposed' to update as long as the right kind of mod was in there, but am wondering if you knew for sure they were the proper mods since if they are anything like the couple 50's I have they use the same enhancement for both of those.

If so could be that you transposed them, which made it not update properly. As stated still a bug as it was supposed to still work in this form, but I've a feeling that for most people with this issue that is the case.

Just happened to be lucky enough to read about this issue early enough in the process that I could overtly store my enhancements to know the exact ones that went with each (bottom row of my bag just had the corresponding champion piece sitting directly above each BM enhancement) aside from my chest which I had just over-written without extracting before I knew this would be coming.

I know they were 'supposed' to update as long as the right kind of mod was in there, but am wondering if you knew for sure they were the proper mods since if they are anything like the couple 50's I have they use the same enhancement for both of those.

If so could be that you transposed them, which made it not update properly. As stated still a bug as it was supposed to still work in this form, but I've a feeling that for most people with this issue that is the case.

Just happened to be lucky enough to read about this issue early enough in the process that I could overtly store my enhancements to know the exact ones that went with each (bottom row of my bag just had the corresponding champion piece sitting directly above each BM enhancement) aside from my chest which I had just over-written without extracting before I knew this would be coming.

exactly my issue, BW needs to do something about this

So you go and **** up your gear and then it's BWs fault?

Glad to see all you kids go.

/waves

lol So I was supposed to rock all my sorc dps gear with that awesome alcracity stat on it.

Oh and I guess I needed 110+% accuracy on my mara.

So I cancelled my account about a month ago. They give me a free month to come back and realize that none of my BM mods were updated with the new stats. Thus I am to believe they gave me a free month to come back and confirm I made the right decision in cancelling.

I submitted a ticket asking them to update my mods to the new stats but they said it was my fault for modding my gear. OK...

Edited by dcjoker

mine all updated. but i was very careful to be sure i remodded all the gear to their original stats/mods.

Worked for me as well.

But I agree with the disgruntled on this one. The BW solution was very lazy to say the least. They could have did better, and barring that, could have communicated the change better to the community. I only found out two days before the Patch and was lucky to switch the stuff back.

Additionally, the switch back was no easy feat. Thank the maker for Torhead.

So you created modifiable (!) gear to allow min/max'ers to optimize and afterwards punish them for doing so?

One simple question: Why did you make the gear modifiable in the first place?

That's just schizo.

Edited by EsteRJ