Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

I should have saved Fringe and Supernatural for later... What other shows do people like when they are not playing SWTOR.

Firefly, the complete series on blueray :D

swtor has it flaws, it is still a good mmo.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We are sorry that we are staffed by incompetent fools. Rest assured we are looking into the problem and will be giving everyone a free day of play time" (said in the ship droid voice)

wow just wow, Be happy they give free day, they dont need to do that.. some peeps never happy are they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wobbyeta

Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

this was just said by one of the devs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...26#edit3909226

so there trying to make it up to us

"We are sorry that we are staffed by incompetent fools. Rest assured we are looking into the problem and will be giving everyone a free day of play time" (said in the ship droid voice)

ok whats the term OFFER mean do i get to haggle for more days???

Edited by CaineSoto

As a professional software developer, one of the first rules you learn never to break is to make a backup before you start making changes. Was no backup made when they took the servers down at 6 this morning? If they had made a backup at that point, then they could have restored to that point and pushed back the patch that they tried to deploy at 6. It's a free "do-over" and an absolute MUST to cover your behind.

I am not one to throw stones without applying a little salve, so let me also commend Bioware and/or EA on the effort they pour into this game. It's only four months old and we see the new content coming out. They may not be fixing bugs fast enough for some of you, or adding in your suggestions fast enough, but I can tell you that their level of dedication is much higher than most of the other game development houses out there, and a good many of the non-game commercial software development houses out there.

We're hungry, but they're making the food as fast as they can.

Due to the unexpected extended maintenance today, we are going to be offering every player a full day of game time as compensation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

this was just said by one of the devs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3909226#edit3909226

so there trying to make it up to us

Geez.

I was never angry about this ordeal. In fact, I was actually getting some good chuckles out of it. I feel kind of bad for that now...

If people who have to wait to play this game and have lost maybe a few million credits think they are getting a raw deal in this whole thing, they should stop to consider the devs who worked their butts off on 1.2 only to have it backfire like this. The ungrateful attitude of many raging members of the community likely didn't make the sting any less painful.

Makes me kind of afraid that I'm actually trying to get into the game designing business...

One thing to note, the PVP was fixed today in this patch. I wasn't being annihilated with burst damage.

I think there is an issue w/ pre 1.2 gear and post 1.2 gear. I also noticed my BH energy shield was actually mitigating damage again.

I wonder if it will be reverted to the burst fest again.... :confused:

Just my 2 cents. I did notice today that my BH Eliminator Centurion gear had defense and shield mods when I logged in. Accuracy and crit all to hell! :mad:, but my shield did mitigate 10 additional damage!

To comment on above poster, I also believe there is a pre and post 1.2 difference.

@BioWare. (Daddy voice) I am so disaapointed in you right now. Go to your room and think about what you did. OH and take my clothes off!!! (you know whats next)

"i hope your having a good day and have no desire to unsubscribe"

lolio

Life is too short to play games that goes through patching two days in a row.

A day here and there is nothing in the grand scheme of things, so I'll go waste them somewhere else. Maybe on a game that doesn't patch during daytime and then waste an entire Friday day and evening patching the patch.

/unsub.

if they were smart they would have taken down the forums also, but honestly I think that they read all the post and just laugh so they have entertainment while they work things out lol.

It works doesn't it?

if they were smart they would have taken down the forums also, but honestly I think that they read all the post and just laugh so they have entertainment while they work things out lol.

I hope anyone responsible for working out the kinks isn't reading this thread...

Honestly I haven't read ANYTHING constructive out of this thread anyways so nobody should read it...

It's kind of sad that SWTOR turned out to be such a dismal failure of a game. Yeah I can leave and you won't miss me, but as more people like me leave this dead game it becomes more desolate. Then it will be even more fun to find a group for a flashpoint or HM that you repeat over and over and over and over.

How long till it's FTP? Should be FTP already. Actually they should pay us to beta test this software. This beta software has been released as finished product for almost 4 months already! After years of development, and months of beta testing, and 4 months of being live, this is the product you get from them. Fanboys see nothing wrong, and have complete confidence in the developers ability to provide a fun, bug free game despite having never been shown they are capable of producing such a product. Persistent bugs, many hours of downtime weekly, unannounced downtimes, all cool. EA can do no wrong in fanboys eyes.