Beginner's Bounty Hunter FAQ and Guide

AnubisXy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent creation you got there Anubis. It helped me a lot with alacrity and how it works, and also pushed me to learn *** resolve is :D. Keep up the good job.

A question now as a tank BH: I've been stacking endurance instead of aim since the beginning. I'm guessing it's the right way to go since all my crafted armor that is for tanking prefer endurance as well. But I'd like your opinion on it, and maybe you can add it as a remark in your guide's powertech part. It's no problem tanking with tons of health till now, and ofc I'm trying to get as much shield and as little defense as possible.

A question now as a tank BH: I've been stacking endurance instead of aim since the beginning. I'm guessing it's the right way to go since all my crafted armor that is for tanking prefer endurance as well.

For a tank, that's exactly what you want to do. Endurance > Aim for your primary stats.

For secondary stats I would go Shield > Absorption > Power > Crit/Surge > Alacrity.

I think increasing your chance to shield is extremely useful since we have several talents that proc off of successfully shielding against an attack.

Quick question and is kinda silly but i am going to ask what is the heat signature and what do they do for my attacks.

Heat Signature is something Mercenaries get, specifically Arsenal Mercenaries. It's a debuff that stacks up to 5 times, reducing the target's Armor by 4% each time (20% maximum). Plus, the more Heat Signatures on the target, the more damage Heatseeker Missiles do.

this is awesome thanks it helped me get my BH off to a flying start. May I ask if there will be a end game guide? containing such information as:

pve(raid/questing)/pvp Rotations (or as much of a rotation as pvp will allow).

Roughly how much of the meaning full stats you should be at/aiming for.

Datacron state increase information (i know its already out there but a complete guide with every thing is always awesome.)

Possible armour sets for both pvp and pve

all that sort of heavenly goodness.

thanks again =D

I'm getting close to buying my first piece of Tionese gear for my dps Merc. I'm pretty sure Tionese Eliminator's set is the way to go, but I would like to know what the set bonuses are since you cannot see them from the item tooltip.

Also are the set bonuses for different tiers the same? In other words, can I have for example two pieces of Tionese Eliminator and two pieces of Columni Eliminator and get the 4set bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Great Guide, the Powertech is becoming my most favourite class.

Especially the info on the heat resource system was very useful to me, I don't think I would have noticed that anytime soon.

One question to the OP - why do you consider the Neural Dart in PvP to be "selfish"?

It effectively saves the team damage, especially if the opponent doesn't notice it (not really sure how they get notified). Just curious.

I found it also useful in combination with Energy shield in a Flashpoint environment to help the tank a bit, particularly if it isn't a dedicated tank. Gives the healer a few seconds to top him up again.

One question to the OP - why do you consider the Neural Dart in PvP to be "selfish"?

I meant "selfish" in a positive light.

As I said in the write up, all of the damage that gets absorbed by your Neural Dart goes into your Protection rating. That in turn gives you more medals. Even if you aren't Shield specced, just regularly throwing out your two taunts can easily net you the first two Protection medals.

There were even two times in Void Star that I managed to get the 50k mitigation badge just from using the two taunts.

Since it doesn't cost anything (not even a GCD) to use your taunts, they're basically just free points for using them.

Just wondering if the light side/dark side meter really has any affect on bounty hunters. So far I've only seen lightsabers with any kind of requirement on it, does this come into play at higher levels? Or does it really matter? Thanks.

Just wondering if the light side/dark side meter really has any affect on bounty hunters. So far I've only seen lightsabers with any kind of requirement on it, does this come into play at higher levels? Or does it really matter? Thanks.

If I understand it correct it's more of a cosmetic feature really. So while there are no blaster with an alignment requirement you might still like the look of a certain armour.

I don't know of a good website as of yet to actually browse the look of things, guess you can only use the preview option in game for now.

Sorry for double post, wasn't sure how to quote multiple posts.

Heat Signature is something Mercenaries get, specifically Arsenal Mercenaries. It's a debuff that stacks up to 5 times, reducing the target's Armor by 4% each time (20% maximum). Plus, the more Heat Signatures on the target, the more damage Heatseeker Missiles do.

For Arsenal Mercs stacking to 5 really does the trick doing a good amount of dmg - with tracer missle itself and railshot. Note you refresh the 5-stack with one tracer missle. Also with enough points spend you finish the cooldown of Unload, so you can throw in a few free unloads here and there. Also terminal velocity helps well with your heat.

my question might be a bit strange: I noticed that when spamming tracer missle (3x) in a fight sometimes it seems to stuck. channeling the skill works fine but just before the missle goes off - nothing happens. no anim of the missle going off and no dmg inflicted - but "casting" the skill seems also not to be interrupt by incoming dmg.

Might this just be a buggt animation of an interupted cast or does it happen when you are too trigger happy pushing your keys too fast and so interrupting your own shot? I am clueless...