Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

Calling the 50's our "Most Loyal Customers" was probably an ill-conceived choice of words. They didn't want to say, "since you've put up with us" so they had to come up with something... "Most Loyal" probably not the best choice.

That is why this is blowing up in their face, someone somewhere does not know how to handle PR.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying I understand why the lvl 50 requirement to qualify for the 30 day free gametime reward was established.

My complaint is that I have been playing since EGA and because I have chosen to not level a character to 50 I will not be rewarded.

I have a character at lvl 47 but have chosen to enjoy the other classes and storylines and as such I have 2 characters in the high 30's, 2 more in the 20's and multiple others in the teens.

I'm sure this will not change anything but as a subscriber that preordered and began playing before the game released I am extremely disappointed at the short-sightedness of this criteria. I feel obligated to voice my displeasure here.

the point is IT DOESNT NECESSARILY MEAN EVERYONE WILL GET IT COS NOT EVERYONE WILL BE THERE!

Alright Captain Caps chill out, if there were set criteria known to all it would become a personal decision whether to satisfy those criteria or not, an arbitrary split based on retrospective criteria for a one off benefit is amateurish customer relations at best

Edited by WitchDrAsh

Some people have an empty pen, its been empty for 2 months, they were promised a refill but they havent gotten it and have been unable to fully enjoy their pen.

You have a half full pen, you have been using it and enjoying it all along and your refill will probably be there before you run out.

some people got reinbursed for their pen that at the moment doesnt work as intended.

you dont get reinbursed for you pen that has been working just fine.

stop reposting this topic every minute.

There are clinics to help with those pen problems.

It was a gift. Having a level 50 was the requirement (this time). Could they have made different requirements? Sure, but then people would still complain. They can't give it to everyone because that would be stupid. So this is what they came up with.

Just because you didn't get it (this time), does not mean you're not valued. It just means you didn't meet the requirements (this time). Just be patient they will do it again for another reason. :)

actualy it does mean your not valued when they clealy state there only giveing it to there most valued players

Replace age...with level.

So, what is the problem?

My mother has obtained level 63, I am only level 33.

Why is it fair for her to get a discount, but not me? I eat at a certain restaurant since it opened. She only started going there a few months ago. I should be the more valuable customer.

But she gets a discount...and I do not.

Clearly businesses only value senior citizens and not the rest of us.

This has got to be the worst analogy I have ever seen!

Children and seniors get discounts. Not because of their level but because each is on a fixed or low income. WOW!

Level is training and experienece. Age doesn't fit into the equation.

It smacks of desperation. The story-driven content is quite entertaining, but once that's exhausted, what's left is pointless and boring PvP or pointless and boring raids/dailies.

Either they need to be generating metric tons of story at an unpreceedented rate, or they need to be recruiting faster than they're losing players, or they're going to have to come up with an endgame community that's self-sustaining, generates its own content, and invests deeply in the game for the long haul.

Trying to prop up the current pointless end-game is a fool's errand. But they seem to be abundantly staffed for precisely that type of errand.

So go ahead and cater to the permatweens and their inflated sense of entitlement. They might stick around for thirty days free. They might not (there's plenty of other "free" available). But the achievers and killers aren't going to save your bacon if you're not nurturing your explorers and socializers.

I have a feeling the requirements for the fee 30 days, where put forward by EA and not Bioware, as I have not seen Bioware make such a gross mistake before.

I agree with the idea of everyone who has subscribed since the launch and not having a level 50 getting the same free 30 days game time as other people who have levelled to 50.

What seems more strange is that EA itself did not make this the way that it was going to be implemented after all they think almost entirely about money, and those who have subscribed since the start and have not played much have put more money into the game than it had cost EA/Bioware to have them play (through server cooling electrical costs etc.) than those who have played to level 50 but did not join till a few weeks after launch, seems strange those people are getting the 30 days when the people who have put more cash into the game have not.

After all people it is a business, and that must be remembered by everyone, loyalty in business is not the same thing as loyalty in the sense the we all would determine it to mean, its almost entirely about money. That being said, they did not even follow the business terminology of loyalty, I have no idea what dictionary they where using, as I have never seen it acted out in such a way.

Wrong. Get off the EA hate bandwagon, EA have no say in what promotions Bioware do, they don't even support the game because Bioware hate being associated with them.

Also why is this concept difficult, you all claim you love the story yet none of you have seen the end of it. That's on the same level of claiming you really love chicken but have never actually tasted it or a certain movie is your favourite movie but you have yet to see the end. Makes no sense. Am I missing something?

Screw you Bioware.....Screw you. My highest is a level 45 Combat Medic, out of my own choice to play the game I the way I wanted.

I finished nearly every planet, even though each mission only gave me +5 XP, and every kill only gave me crap loot and 50 credits. I made 3 or 4 characters on different servers, going through the many stories that the game had to offer, and now I'm finding out that if I spent more time on 1 single individual, that I would get a free month???

That's not the part that upset me the most. What really got me was when I found out that you are giving away free time to players THAT DON'T EVEN SUBSCRIBE ANYMORE. Seriously??? ***???

I've been on this damn forum for a year before the game was release, pre-ordered, was in Beta, paid my 6 months, and now I'm finding out that if I quit, you would not only let me play every weekend for free, but also for a whole week or maybe even a free MONTH???

Screw you! I gave you my money and you ignore me. I'm not blaming my 2 jobs, or my 3 kids, or my fill in the blank, I'm blaming your terrible decision you made to ignore players that have been with you BEFORE THIS GAME WAS RELEASED.

Done. Feel free to flame me.

Edited by Airehn

I have to admit I for one find this highly annoying. I play daily, but since I read the forums regularly I knew that level 50 content was highly lacking, so I have chosen to play alts and level slowly rather than race to 50.

For those who have suggested that because my highest level character wasn't level 50 I wasn't affected by the lack of content, that's simply not true. I simply chose to play alts and level more slowly, rather than race to 50 and then stand around with nothing to do.

The bottom line is the lack of endgame content affected me just as much as it affected those who have level 50 characters, and the fact that I will not receive a free month of game time simply because my highest level character is 49 1/2 is absurd.

But seriously, all joking aside, are people really offended by not being named one of the most loyal customers by a video game company? If you're upset by the monetary aspect of it because you work 3 jobs to play swtor - i get it; but come on, are you really letting your feelings get hurt by BW?

This has got to be the worst analogy I have ever seen!

Children and seniors get discounts. Not because of their level but because each is on a fixed or low income. WOW!

Level is training and experienece. Age doesn't fit into the equation.

Indeed, Worst. Analogy. Ever.

As the thread title states. I have been subbed to SWTOR since pre-release and rarely complained about any of the decisions the devs had made but the free 30 days has been done wrong if you ask me.

Just because my playstyle (I have a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts) I don't get the 30 free days?

Bioware is offering 30 free days to anyone that has a lvl 50 no matter how long they've supported the game and they are also offering 6 days to the people that stopped subbing to the game, but nothing for those of us that either don't play as much or make a bunch of alts or both.

I realize that very few of you forum goers fall into this category but I think most of you will agree that in addition to those with level 50 characters, all accounts that have been subbed since release deserve the free 30 days as well.

It's ironic that this is the first thing Bioware has done that makes me want to cancel my sub and show my appreciation right back to Bioware.

That would probably alienate even more people than the people with no 50s.

That is why this is blowing up in their face, someone somewhere does not know how to handle PR.

No, some people just can't stand the phrase, "You do not qualify", and the word "No".

If all level 50's got was a speeder...there would be the same amount of hand wringing and Henny Penny sky is falling bullflop.

No one can handle the fact that someone else has something, that they can't get too.

This is what happens when schools make a habit of giving out participation trophies and parents reward every sneeze and fart as something amazing.

Life isn't fair. People will have things and get things that you won't.

As my grandfather said, "Fair is something you go to in the summer. It ain't life, kiddo."

Some people have an empty pen, its been empty for 2 months, they were promised a refill but they havent gotten it and have been unable to fully enjoy their pen.

You have a half full pen, you have been using it and enjoying it all along and your refill will probably be there before you run out.

some people got reinbursed for their pen that at the moment doesnt work as intended.

you dont get reinbursed for you pen that has been working just fine.

stop reposting this topic every minute.

As it turns out there was a box of 8 pens and only 1 of those had been completely emptied with the promise of a future refill. The people complaining about the 1 empty pen however get placated by being given money to buy more pens instead of using the 7 other pens that they had available to them the entire time.

See how this works.

Long story short if you got the time awesome, go play while the rest of us subsidize your account. The rest of us who got the shaft and have likely paid as much or more than you for our accounts are going to sit here and whine as we see fit.

Edited by Sethbacca

I have a lvl 50 so qualify, but I admit I am surprised that they only gave it to lvl 50's.

SOE messed up SWG so often that a lot of free game time was given in its final years, but even they didnt specify on player level. Infact it was even given to unsubscribers to encourage disgruntled playes back into the game.

Bioware might want to consider that...

Hello. I'm random lvl 50.

How valuable to me is your level 47 Trooper? Not at all. Except one or two normal FP we could run together(if you were at fleet istead of questing somewhere), there is no reason for me to notice you. If you disappear, it won't matter to me at all. It also won't affect much others below 50, because they will just keep on leveling when bored and eventualy join lvl50 crowd. Anyway they'll keep subbed.

And how valueable to me is another random lvl 50? If he's same faction, we can do all FP/Ops, and play warzones even if he's not. If he disappears, I have one less person to play with. Now it's harder to find group, WZ queues are longer, game for other people at 50 got more boring. In long run, because this lvl 50 player stopped playing, others got bored and unsubbed(and this is chain reaction). Now game lost more than one player, and remaining lvl50 are getting even more bored.

There you go, why your five lvl30 alts are not considered 'valuable'.

EDIT

Of course there is no reason why you would be trated worse than those that don't have active subscription, so if you would be complaining about that, I would be with you.

Edited by Elear

have been playing faithfully since the beginning, I have been trying different characters...different servers....finding my comfy zone, so is it a bad thing that I havent made it to level 50 yet? IF you made it, you get free playtime, I've had my account just as long but because I like to take my time and enjoy the story I get skunked? should I be mad? Am I justified?

I'm not sure I know it doesnt feel very fair.

Played since beta, full time student/worker.

get about maybe 16 hours a week to play, at most.

I have 3 level 50s a level 44, 5 level 30s, and a few new alts to mess with on another server.

If you don't have a 50, you are doing something wrong.

is playing the game legitimately, most of the 50's i see were rushed to that in a month? due exploits and other idiotic stuff that got ignored by cus rep . so basically, not only do the belligerent players get to dominate the game, mess with the economy make it so even bioware cant fix the damage, but now.. they reward them with free time? lol you know.. i just keep thinking to myself how we had a chance to make this not warcraft, i remember telling everyone that we had to discourage barrens abuse, establish a unique community. it didn't take long, we lost the game in the first week.

as an example of how messed up this is, i have a guild member that curses incessantly, if it was possible to have Le torrents' syndrome in a writing form he is a valid candidate. i naturally go to ticket, choose inappropriate behavior. wait really long, finally real time speak with cus rep. he says, you should have right click chose harassment. oh really?? where the hell does it say that?.. then it gets real fun. he says that the guild leaders can decide what kind of stuff can be said in the guild chat. so i blatantly said to him, you mean that gl's can decided whether or not the members can abide by elua?

with such idiocy for policy i began musing the concept of potential larceny and it's implications . considering that we are 'told' that things are begin done, we 'surrender' control of the game to them. they continue to take our money. nothing is done, seriously. like i said, i have proof. many screens of a guy obviously exploiting. i ended up joining his guild. i mean heck.. it was the only way i would not lose against him.

so, you all focus on the minor issue of free time, fine, but half the guys at 50 cant get to 50 unless they exploit or had vent which is a third party program not even under bioware's policy.

because i been playing since day one, i still haven't got a 50. i like most people , was doing that thing called exploration. the fastest way i seen them do it. exploit the wz and lvl like mad. you get money, reward , a company that appears to do nothing about it and now free time .

yet, if bioware can just get past the alternate to warcraft thing and remember that stwor wars is a generational presence, that yes, there are little kids playing along side 45 + year olds. perhaps they , unlike warcraft can show responsibility which creates a more dedicated patronage by far. remains to be seen.

But seriously, all joking aside, are people really offended by not being named one of the most loyal customers by a video game company? If you're upset by the monetary aspect of it because you work 3 jobs to play swtor - i get it; but come on, are you really letting your feelings get hurt by BW?

I think it's about the 30 free days of game time for those who play a certain style (no or few alts) and/or play more than others. I would love to get free game time for being "loyal" because I have subscribed since day one and haven't not paid for a month (I also pre-ordered). THAT is something worth rewarding, not 30 free days if you have a max level character.

Edit: After seeing other posts... If you play more than 10 hours a week you play a lot. That's 25% the amount of time of a full time job.

Edited by Ralidyn

No, some people just can't stand the phrase, "You do not qualify", and the word "No".

If all level 50's got was a speeder...there would be the same amount of hand wringing and Henny Penny sky is falling bullflop.

No one can handle the fact that someone else has something, that they can't get too.

This is what happens when schools make a habit of giving out participation trophies and parents reward every sneeze and fart as something amazing.

Life isn't fair. People will have things and get things that you won't.

As my grandfather said, "Fair is something you go to in the summer. It ain't life, kiddo."

Again you are not getting it. It is one thing to give lvl50's a speeder, it is another thing to give it to them and say they are the loyal customers. I am just as loyal as you but having a lvl50 is just meaningless in terms of money paid into the game. Get it?

Screw you Bioware.....Screw you. My highest is a level 45 Combat Medic, out of my own choice to play the game I the way I wanted.

I finished nearly every planet, even though each mission only gave me +5 XP, and every kill only gave me crap loot and 50 credits. I made 3 or 4 characters on different servers, going through the many stories that the game had to offer, and now I'm finding out that if I spent more time on 1 single individual, that I would get a free month???

That's not the part that upset me the most. What really got me was when I found out that you are giving away free time to players THAT DON'T EVEN SUBSCRIBE ANYMORE. Seriously??? ***???

I've been on this damn forum for a year before the game was release, pre-ordered, was in Beta, paid my 6 months, and now I'm finding out that if I quit, you would not only let me play every weekend for free, but also for a whole week or maybe even a free MONTH???

Screw you! I gave you my money and you ignore me. I'm not blaming my 2 jobs, or my 3 kids, or my fill in the blank, I'm blaming your terrible decision you made to ignore players that have been with you BEFORE THIS GAME WAS RELEASED.

Done. Feel free to flame me.

here here