Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

Why should I level up the last 3 levels after completing my story when the only thing that holds my interest in this game is the story?

Because its an mmo and not a single player

Also if that's all that's interesting u, u will soon be done with the game and are not worth the freebie time investment as there limited potential use in the long run from u.

Edited by DakataTan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People would do it simply based on principle. Not having a 50 doesn't make you any less loyal than the person who does. What makes someone loyal is being subscribed since December 20th. What anyone does with their game time is on them. To some it's a blatant slap in the face because BioWare is basically saying someone's not loyal if they don't have 50s even though they gave BioWare their money month after month.

It's a marketing move not an insult, it's not even rewarding anyone. The logic behind it is simple; level 50 players are unsubscribing due to boredom people under 50 are playing story lines and are happy with the game. They are giving level 50s incentive to stay in the hope that the new content will hook some of them.

Also they are offering extra to people that cancelled to draw them back in, they already have the people that are under 50.

It's the same principle that the mobile phone companies use here, if you get a yourself a new 2 year contract they give you a top end phone for free, if you extend and existing contract you get nothing or a small discount on a phone. The result is that everyone swaps from one company to the next each time their contract runs out.

They are simply drawing the fickle players back in, players that they know will leave again once they have cleared the new content and they will do it again in a few months after the next big content patch. It's all about squeezing 1-2 months of subscription out of players that were not planning to play again.

Because its an mmo and not a single player?

That's got nothing to do with it. The line bioware drew for this is arbitrary and makes no sense, they have the ability to do it by days subscribed rather than highest level gained. They chose not to.

And now with petty arguments like yours they are beginning to split this community they say they want to foster.

Not to mention this is for US only. So all the level 50's on the EU servers got left out too.

Europe pays more than US, this is bullcrap.

The "30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!" most certainly means that the 30 days of playtime is on them, Bioware, not that it is for US citizens only. :)

Not upset but I was like: Huh? That seems rather strange and arbitrary...

I'm playing since early access and I don't have a level 50, my main character is level 18 because I rerolled him and sadly I don't have as much time to play as I want to. (I also have lots of alts).

It's a marketing move not an insult, it's not even rewarding anyone. The logic behind it is simple; level 50 players are unsubscribing due to boredom people under 50 are playing story lines and are happy with the game. They are giving level 50s incentive to stay in the hope that the new content will hook some of them.

Also they are offering extra to people that cancelled to draw them back in, they already have the people that are under 50.

It's the same principle that the mobile phone companies use here, if you get a yourself a new 2 year contract they give you a top end phone for free, if you extend and existing contract you get nothing or a small discount on a phone. The result is that everyone swaps from one company to the next each time their contract runs out.

They are simply drawing the fickle players back in, players that they know will leave again once they have cleared the new content and they will do it again in a few months after the next big content patch. It's all about squeezing 1-2 months of subscription out of players that were not planning to play again.

No, it's a flat out insult because having a 50 doesn't make anyone more special than another person who has subscribed since the beginning. What make someone valued is their money and dedication to paying month after month. It's an asinine move on BW's part with at least 3 major mmos coming out and people just looking for BioWare to give them that one reason to say screw you and be pushed to go to another mmo.It's principle, not necessarily the money which I can easily blow in one night watching a movie in XD.

I laughed at the us/US mistake, it is available to anyone who got the email. Don't fret.

However, the guys with 47 level characters and some alts don't get the free month. This is because it is largely accepted that end game is the problem, the leveling game is fine.

If you haven't been inconvenienced, why would you expect to be compensated?

And also should NOT give it to anyone who has dropped, and came back. It should only be for those who have a continuous subscription.

But I have to disagree that only 50's should get this. I don't have a 50, but I have 12 character between 18 and 36. So I get punished because I explored all the story lines instead, and explored the game, instead of rushing to get to 50.

We all know this is to appease the PVP'ers because of the ranked WZ getting pulled. And that's ok, but don't push if off as being for "most valued players". Those of use who have stayed since day 1, should get something also.

p.s. We now know why the notice about the WZ was delayed till the last minuet, they needed to get approval for the free 30 days.

Edited by RickRedOne

Whoever came up with this idea needs his bollocks cut off. Did no one think "hey this will piss a lot of people off" did the idiot not think the people they're trying to entice back will quit again after the months up? How about alienating Europe again by not offering it to them.....hey we've done it with scheduled downtimes!

What are BW on?

Whoever came up with this idea needs his bollocks cut off. Did no one think "hey this will piss a lot of people off" did the idiot not think the people they're trying to entice back will quit again after the months up? How about alienating Europe again by not offering it to them.....hey we've done it with scheduled downtimes!

What are BW on?

You answered your own question within your own statement...

Why would they give a free month to people who will play for a week and then quit again? It isn't rocket science.

I have been playing since pre-release and love this game. I've been a firm supporter of it and have been wishing it every kind of well. However, this is the first thing that Bioware has done that has truly upset me. As well as being a bit of an alt-aholic I got ill about a month-and-a-half-ago. I've been working and living abroad and it's serious enough that I made the decision to leave the country and go back and be with my family. I therefore left my US server toons behind and rerolled from scratch on a EU server since my family is in the UK. With preparing to go home etc I haven't had as much time as I would like, but I've still been playing when I can - and, like I say, I have been playing since (pre) release.

Now because of these circumstances Bioware tells me I'm not one of their most valued customers?

In fact I'm apparently less valued than someone who bought the game last month and spacebarred through the story quests, got to fifty in two weeks and spent the rest of the two weeks on the forums ************ about how there was nothing to do at 50?

This really, really disappoints me - and if the first thing Bioware has done, in my opinion, in relation to SWTOR that is really unforgivable if they don't rectify it.

Poor show Bioware, really really poor show.

I've been following the game since it was rumored years ago. Beta tested. Pre-ordered the collector's edition as soon as it was available. Bought a 6-month subscription.

45 Guardian

40 Scoundrel

34 Sniper

16 Sorceror

Been taking my time, enjoying the story, exploring different classes, and doing every bonus quest and heroic.

Honestly, it's not the end of the world to me that I won't be getting a free 30 days, but I do think Bioware picked a crappy way to determine who their valued customers were. I didn't think that racing to 50 was something deserving of a reward.

I must admit, I am in the same situation. I have made several characters, and player only up until certain points as I play mostly with my friend, leveling together and what not. Otherwise I am focusing on my thesis project.

It is quite unsettling that support is determined by level of a character. It should not mean that those of us that have pre-ordered and played since, are any less if we haven't yet wanted to go all the way to lvl 50 and wanted to take our time experiencing different sides in bits.

Matter of principle, simple as that. It is named as a reward for supporting them so far, and.. Well how did someone who levels their character in couple days to 50, and just subsciped to the game before this time period, supported the game more than those in here since the start? I see it to be valid observation.

And yes, anyone that started playing in start of this month or even that few days before the 12th, and just had lvl 50 character, was valid for the free time. It is poorly phrased.

"As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty."

I do feel that it is bit poorly said. I feel like I need to level up fast and proper atleast one character from now on in any game, just to feel I am worth anything? I gues those guys that leveled up in early start won after all.

Edited by Rethan

I have been playing since pre-release and love this game. I've been a firm supporter of it and have been wishing it every kind of well. However, this is the first thing that Bioware has done that has truly upset me. As well as being a bit of an alt-aholic I got ill about a month-and-a-half-ago. I've been working and living abroad and it's serious enough that I made the decision to leave the country and go back and be with my family. I therefore left my US server toons behind and rerolled from scratch on a EU server since my family is in the UK. With preparing to go home etc I haven't had as much time as I would like, but I've still been playing when I can - and, like I say, I have been playing since (pre) release.

Now because of these circumstances Bioware tells me I'm not one of their most valued customers?

In fact I'm apparently less valued than someone who bought the game last month and spacebarred through the story quests, got to fifty in two weeks and spent the rest of the two weeks on the forums ************ about how there was nothing to do at 50?

This really, really disappoints me - and if the first thing Bioware has done, in my opinion, in relation to SWTOR that is really unforgivable if they don't rectify it.

Poor show Bioware, really really poor show.

Jesus it's just around 13 Euros worth of playtime. They probably decide this based on a number of factors. No reason to be offended, that Bioware doesn't see you as a "valued customer".

I've been a beta tester, Preordered, played since launch. I've got a level 45 and a boat load of alts.

I've played almost every day since launch. Last night I was up til 4AM playing SWTOR despite having work at 8am.. I'm a dedicated player.

I came home tired from lack of sleep from playing too much swtor only to read that a guy who powerleveled in the last 2 weeks is considered a valuable player, while I'm out in the cold.

Pretty rough, Bioware.

I've supported you in so many arguments and have been with you and been as loyal as I possibly can.. kinda feel like you just pissed on my chips.

:confused:

Edited by Viathan

Free tauntaun for subscribers. Nice!

Free 30 days game play for Bioware's most valued players. Guess what, you are only valued IF you have a level 50 character. I, and lots of players, have been playing since early access and do not have level 50 toons. This is absolute bullcrap. A valued customer is someone who pays for your product. Bioware's marketing department has a screw loose.

I've been following the game since it was rumored years ago. Beta tested. Pre-ordered the collector's edition as soon as it was available. Bought a 6-month subscription.

45 Guardian

40 Scoundrel

34 Sniper

16 Sorceror

Been taking my time, enjoying the story, exploring different classes, and doing every bonus quest and heroic.

Honestly, it's not the end of the world to me that I won't be getting a free 30 days, but I do think Bioware picked a crappy way to determine who their valued customers were. I didn't think that racing to 50 was something deserving of a reward.

This.

It's not about the free 30 days as much as it is about the implication that some customers are less valued than others simply due different play style.

Good intention, poor execution.

Apparently I'm not a valued player, even though I paid for the game and subbed since launch, but if I'm not a valued player then what am I to Bioware?

I got the hint and will be gone in around 20 days when my sub is up, I don't care how good 1.2 is(haven't played it yet.)

This actually makes me laugh.

It goes to prove just how bad the subscriber numbers are for swtor right now. So many people unsubbed when they found out that ranked warzones were not happening and now they are in damage control.

first of all, thank you bioware for the free time, much apreciated.

now with that out of the way..i do agree that everyone that had subed since release should of gotten the free time but also the way i look at it is that the level 50 players is a smaller percentage than everyone who plays and everyone who has played since release.

we are talking 30 days here..thats an entire payments worth of time so they have to give it out to the least amount of people possible and that is the 50 crowd in comparison with player numbers. if they just started handing it out to anyone thats a crap load f money they miss out on and would probably recieve a beating from EA about it

I'm a bit of an altaholic, but I always get at least 1 core character to top level just to have one. But that's just my playstyle. I have to say I was a bit surprised Bioware was giving out this deal. Even if it doesn't sit well with some players, those that did make at least 1 lvl 50 character, and have been playing for a long while appreciate the perk. So it's kind of a catch 22, please one group and make the others mad, or do nothing at all and put up with more complaining about "you don't love us!!". kind of rambling that you see.