Should have given 30 days to everyone subbed since release

Loxone

I really wish Bioware would have just given me instructions on how to play their game.

Because someone forgot to mention to me that getting to the endgame first on at least one character was the only way to play this game. Heaven forbid, I create multiple characters to enjoy their voice-acted story lines.

What people tend to forget is that you have different types of people that play this game.

You have raiders and PVPers, that believe the game doesn't start until you max. level a toon. You have casuals and RPers, that enjoy the journey or create their own (RP).

Bioware just told the second group that we are not valued players.

I realized this when I saw how the Legacy system was setup. It is designed for a player to level a charcter to 50 then start another charcter from scratch.

I just wished someone at Bioware had told me this from the start.

**Forgive me for over-generalizing the different types of players that play this game, but you should get the point.**

:mad:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother gets an AARP discount every time she eats at certain restaurants.

This is not fair! They make a menu for people of her age, and now she gets a discount too?

I can't qualify for it! I'm not 60 years old! I'm so casual, it's going to take me 30+ years to get MY discount!!!!

Obviously certain establishments only value SENIOR citizens.

I don't know why I even bother eating there....it's like a slap in the face. That's it! I'm never eating there again, until they are able to get their crap together and PROVE that I am just as valuable as senior citizens by giving me a discount too.

You guys do know....this is exactly how you sound...right?

Not even close.

I cancelled my sub several weeks ago yet got 30 days free.

Does that make sense? Not to me, and it's certainly the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I feel real bad for those that are (or were) sticking it out and now getting a slap in the face. If I could some how give my free time away to someone that deserved it.. I would.

Why in the H-LL would you pay 15$ a month to play a game for 8 hrs a week???

Why not? It is still a better value than any movie that Hollywood can steal and I get hours of enjoyment reading all the whining and complaining that these forums have to offer, although that part is basically free. $15 a month is not bad. Hell I have to keep an active sub for WoW to occasionally help my wife on her low level characters and I play that about 4 hrs total for a month. I guess it depends on what you think is a value for your money and if you can afford it or not.

This is the only analogy that works:

25 people all work in a shop that makes cupcakes.

The company encourages employees to make batches of 8 cupcakes at a time, but it's not a requirement.

23 of the employees are capable of making between 6 to 8 cupcakes at a time, taking care to make sure they're all perfectly baked, perfectly shaped. They also enjoy decorating them with a vast array of icings, toppings, etc. They are capable of completing 6 to 8 cupcakes in about 5 hours.

The personalized cupcakes are what the company is known for and the managers are happy.

2 of the employees rush through the mixing, baking and decoration process as quickly as possible. The cupcakes are bland, boring and misshapen, but they meet the requirements of being a cupcake. These 2 employees typically finish a single cupcake each in about an hour, then they leave for the day. Once they get home, they call their managers and complain about being bored since they finished their work so quickly.

The next day at work, the CEO of the company decides to reward the employees for being such loyal and valuable workers.

He rewards the 2 employees who finish their single cupcakes in an hour with their choice of cupcakes made by the other, less loyal and valuable employees.

The other 23 get nothing.

TL;DR: Butterflies taste with their hind feet.

Edited by Fuzzytoad

Yes but you will eventually be 60 and qualify, if bioware had said as soon as you hit 50 you get a free month no one would be complaining.

This is a one off and that's the problem

Yes they would.

Because they aren't 50 RIGHT NOW!

People complain about everything. Entitlement generation makes my head hurt...I can only imagine how hard it is for businesses to run with all the self entitled non-sense.

How do you know it's a one off? It is right now, but no one knows that they will never ever ever do this again.

And, my favorite restaurant won't be there in 30 years. So I will completely miss out on my discount, even though I am a LOYAL customer. QQ

so for ppl that have gone out and bought the game the digi DL or the deluxe pack we arnt valued costomers i love the game i liked wot thyve done with the update but free 30 days for

lvl 50s and knowone else? pls thats relly got my back up

I seriously doubt that the discount would be useful to dead people, lack of requirement to eat etc, so think of it as the ultimate discount

the point is IT DOESNT NECESSARILY MEAN EVERYONE WILL GET IT COS NOT EVERYONE WILL BE THERE!

it is simple folks

Those of us that do not yet have a 50 toon ( yes I am one of them ) have a lot of content, and the updates that have come and have been advertized have worked for us, and there is a tremendous amount of content and play that we are enjoying.

The folks that are at 50 ( I am not putting any of you down ) have had less success with the patches and updates as promised, and Bioware wants to make up for that as they try to get the updates to them that they advertized ( I wont use the word promise, because I have never heard Bioware use that word )

I don’t have a 50, and I don’t feel slighted in the least, as I am receiving very good value for my subscription.

It isn’t a bad thing about 50's, it isn’t even a bad thing about Bioware, I honestly believe they are trying very hard.

I think they are doing a good thing here, and I am not even getting any benefit from it, and I am still not complaining.

After all it is just a game, and the enjoyment I get out of it for my $15 a month has been well worth the price.

Edited by Dayln

The main problem seems to be that level 50s get something, people who reactivate their account get something, people who have been active but don't have a level 50 don't get anything.

Perhaps the best thing would've been to give the level 50s free 30 days, everyone else a free 15 days and account reactivations a free 7 days. Everyone gets something free, everyone wins.

This is the only analogy that works:

25 people all work in a shop that makes cupcakes.

The company encourages employees to make batches of 8 cupcakes at a time, but it's not a requirement.

23 of the employees are capable of making between 6 to 8 cupcakes at a time, taking care to make sure they're all perfectly baked, perfectly shaped. They also enjoy decorating them with a vast array of icings, toppings, etc. They are capable of completing 6 to 8 cupcakes in about 5 hours.

The personalized cupcakes are what the company is known for and the managers are happy.

2 of the employees rush through the mixing, baking and decoration process as quickly as possible. The cupcakes are bland, boring and misshapen, but they meet the requirements of being a cupcake. These 2 employees typically finish a single cupcake each in about an hour, then they leave for the day. Once they get home, they call their managers and complain about being bored since they finished their work so quickly.

The next day at work, the CEO of the company decides to reward the employees for being such loyal and valuable workers.

He rewards the 2 employees who finish their single cupcakes in an hour with their choice of cupcakes made by the other, less loyal and valuable employees.

The other 23 get nothing.

TL;DR: Butterflies taste with their hind feet.

Man, now I want a cupcake OM NOM NOM NOM.

Suppose Jane had 48 apples and John had 50 oranges, it seems obvious that John should be given $15... bah that analogy is going no where.

Not defending the decision...

However, I can see maybe where they are coming from. If you haven't leveled to 50 and been subjected to the endgame you haven't really missed out on anything is maybe the idea???

Calling the 50's our "Most Loyal Customers" was probably an ill-conceived choice of words. They didn't want to say, "since you've put up with us" so they had to come up with something... "Most Loyal" probably not the best choice.

Edited by XLJedi

I have a feeling the requirements for the fee 30 days, where put forward by EA and not Bioware, as I have not seen Bioware make such a gross mistake before.

I agree with the idea of everyone who has subscribed since the launch and not having a level 50 getting the same free 30 days game time as other people who have levelled to 50.

What seems more strange is that EA itself did not make this the way that it was going to be implemented after all they think almost entirely about money, and those who have subscribed since the start and have not played much have put more money into the game than it had cost EA/Bioware to have them play (through server cooling electrical costs etc.) than those who have played to level 50 but did not join till a few weeks after launch, seems strange those people are getting the 30 days when the people who have put more cash into the game have not.

After all people it is a business, and that must be remembered by everyone, loyalty in business is not the same thing as loyalty in the sense the we all would determine it to mean, its almost entirely about money. That being said, they did not even follow the business terminology of loyalty, I have no idea what dictionary they where using, as I have never seen it acted out in such a way.

Yes they would.

Because they aren't 50 RIGHT NOW!

People complain about everything. Entitlement generation makes my head hurt...I can only imagine how hard it is for businesses to run with all the self entitled non-sense.

How do you know it's a one off? It is right now, but no one knows that they will never ever ever do this again.

And, my favorite restaurant won't be there in 30 years. So I will completely miss out on my discount, even though I am a LOYAL customer. QQ

+10000 again :D

nice answer!

Not upset but I was like: Huh? That seems rather strange and arbitrary...

I'm playing since early access and I don't have a level 50, my main character is level 18 because I rerolled him and sadly I don't have as much time to play as I want to. (I also have lots of alts).

There are many of us. My highest is 38. I left a dead server with 4 characters in the 30s and restarted, now I'm paying for not grinding to 50 on a server that doesn't have more than 200 on my faction.

The funny part about all this is that if they had only phrased it better it wouldnt have been as much of an insult as it is now.

The way it is right now, anyone that havent leveled to 50 is not a valued customer...

this is what got me.

Plus the fact that if you've left the game you get free game time

Thanks a ton BW...fail. I am a altoholic and should still get the 30 days just like everyone else. whatever though. I have been a BW supporter for a long long time and even I am seeing you go down a path with this game that does not look to have a happy outcome.

Some people have an empty pen, its been empty for 2 months, they were promised a refill but they havent gotten it and have been unable to fully enjoy their pen.

You have a half full pen, you have been using it and enjoying it all along and your refill will probably be there before you run out.

some people got reinbursed for their pen that at the moment doesnt work as intended.

you dont get reinbursed for you pen that has been working just fine.

stop reposting this topic every minute.

I can see why some people would feel slighted. I got the email last night telling of how i'm one the "most valued customers" and so on, and I assumed it was because I had pre-orderd, played in the beta, early game access, and have stayed subbed for the entire life of the game. Then to find out it's only because I have a lvl 50 character (which I only achieved this last weekend btw.) While BW/EA is free to hand out rewards however they wish, and I wouldn't have been bothered one way or the other, I can certainly see why people would see this as a slight against them. If nothing else, the "most loyal and valued customer" wording was probably the wrong way to go about it, given that there are people ( I know a couple personally) who have only been playing a very short time, but managed to get to lvl 50 and therefore received this reward for being loyal.

I think they should give even more free time to all these smart guys posting how they recently unsubbed and feel cheated, CHEATED, that they arent getting 30 free days. And they should give all the whiners who havent gotten to lvl 50 yet 60 free days and a free lvl 50. Then all of us that hold an active subscription and have taken the time to level 1 or more to 50 have something to complain about while we cant play

As the thread title states. I have been subbed to SWTOR since pre-release and rarely complained about any of the decisions the devs had made but the free 30 days has been done wrong if you ask me.

Just because my playstyle (I have a lvl 48 and a bunch of alts) I don't get the 30 free days?

Bioware is offering 30 free days to anyone that has a lvl 50 no matter how long they've supported the game and they are also offering 6 days to the people that stopped subbing to the game, but nothing for those of us that either don't play as much or make a bunch of alts or both.

I realize that very few of you forum goers fall into this category but I think most of you will agree that in addition to those with level 50 characters, all accounts that have been subbed since release deserve the free 30 days as well.

It's ironic that this is the first thing Bioware has done that makes me want to cancel my sub and show my appreciation right back to Bioware.

Yea I would be pissed off as well, hell I have all ready drop this game in protest to ME3... Not giving a free month to people who does not have a level 50 is just one more reason why I am glad I drop this game and will proably drop BioWare as a hole... remmember people if you want BioWare to change you all have to HOLD THE WALLET!!!!

Edited by Kossuth

Absolutely agree OP.

I preordered on Day 1, got in on Day 1 of EA and have maintained my sub since launch. My main is level 45 and I have certainly enjoyed taking my time going through all the content. I don't spacebar through cutscenes, I don't abandon quests, and I don't leave portions of the map unexplored. That's my playstyle.

Next to working full time, keeping the gf off my back about gaming was also a problem, so I got her interested in the game and now we level alts together. So no, I don't have a level 50 character yet.

But Bioware if you want to reward LOYALTY....you have a funny way of going about it. Think you screwed the pooch on this one.

It was a gift. Having a level 50 was the requirement (this time). Could they have made different requirements? Sure, but then people would still complain. They can't give it to everyone because that would be stupid. So this is what they came up with.

Just because you didn't get it (this time), does not mean you're not valued. It just means you didn't meet the requirements (this time). Just be patient they will do it again for another reason. :)

I honestly don't care whether I get a free month or not. What I am annoyed about is the way it was done.

If BW had said, "We're giving a free month to everyone with a level 50 character to make up for the ranked warzones not being in patch 1.2" I'd have thought, fair enough, good for them. BW didn't do that though. What they have done is basically said, everyone with a level 50 character is a more valued customer than everyone who doesn't have one.

I am not annoyed at missing out on $15. I am annoyed at being labelled as less valuable than a player who's play style or play time is different from my own. When you have a situation where all customers pay the same amount regardless of how they choose to use the service provided, it make no sense whatsoever to label some as more valued than others. In short, this is a major customer relations mess up.

Now I'm not annoyed enough to unsub over this. I'm not even asking that I should get 30 days sub or feel that I am entitled to it. What I would like though is some kind of statement from BW as to why I am less valued as a customer than others.

this BS about having a lvl50 getting 30 free days seems to piss off allot of ppl.

why make a game this big just to see value in ppl that just rush to 50 and missing a boatload of content.

they should give the free time to "valued"customers that supported this game from the beginning.

but hey ..those of us that actualy try to enjoy every part of this and dont have a 50 are just not worth BW time.

so tell me why dont u just cut out half the content give ppl a lfg cross server tool and just make them brain dead dungeon runners. so we can all have a million lvl50's with nothing to do but whine over endgame content.

READ THE DAMN FORUM BIOWARE YOUR PISSING OFF ALLOT OF "REAL VALUE COSTUMERS" THAT CONTINUESLY SUPPORT YOUR HARD WORK SINCE BETA.