PvP Armoring in orange gear working?

Lohengrin

It's my understanding that if you take the armoring out of PvP gear, and place it inside an orange crafted gear that orange becomes a part of the set, as far as setpiece bonuses are concerned. Having said that, I bought Peacekeeper's Greaves [Augmented], and then bought the BM Vindicator Greaves. Both purchases made after 1.2 went live. I took the armoring mod out of the BM greaves and put them in the Peacekeeper Greaves, and the legs do not count towards my bonus. I thought that it might be a graphical bug and it just wasn't highlighting, but I dueled a guildmate to be sure, and the 4-piece set bonus did not kick in (for Guardians it's a damage buff following Force Leap). I'm just wondering if I did something wrong, if it's not implemented yet, or if this is bugged?

Items obtained prior to 1.2 do not work. Items obtained after 1.2 will work. So if you're trying to move over all your BM mods, if it's BM gear that you got before 1.2, you're SOL.

Items after 1.2 don't work either. I bought a pair of BM boots this morning to test it. Pulled out the armor, mod, and enhancement and put them into an orange pair of boots I had. I equipped them and it did not register as a set piece. My set was at 1/5 instead of 2/5.

Items obtained prior to 1.2 do not work. Items obtained after 1.2 will work. So if you're trying to move over all your BM mods, if it's BM gear that you got before 1.2, you're SOL.

This. Friend blew 200k finding that out the hard way. I can't see any point in these schematics at all. Especially since they still require lvl 60 valor to wear.

Isn't this a major bug? Pretty much makes custom armor worthless until it gets fixed. Why would they restrict it to just the top tier armor and not all of the new armor pieces in the game. I'm pretty sure it was stated that if you bought new BM gear you could transfer the set bonus you didn't need War Hero.

Hopefully this gets addressed. I'm inclined to sacrifice the set bonus just to stop looking stupid regardless but this is just one more issue 1.2 brought with it.

I really hope it is a bug. I'm confused as to what the hell all this is supposed to mean. I really hope I'm missing something. They said crafting was going to be viable at end game but I'm just not seeing it yet. Edited by Serbegorn

As I clearly stated, I bought both the orange modded armor, and the BM armor after 1.2 was deployed. As far as I know, those were the only requirements - if I'm wrong and it was stated elsewhere that there were other requirements, then I guess I'm okay with that, but according to their own patch notes here http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy:

Players can now remove Armoring modifications that have set bonuses from items and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot. This does not apply to all items with a set bonus, only those where the set bonus is attached to the Armoring modification.

That last sentence, which mentions it not applying to all armoring mods, may be where the confusion is, but I'm still not quite sure what I did wrong here ...

Edited by Lohengrin

The set bonus is only attached to the armoring mod for War Hero and Campaign gear.

Tionese/Columi/Rakata/BM gear bought before or AFTER 1.2 does NOT have the set bonus on the armoring. This is working as intended.

I have personally confirmed this for all the above mentioned gear.

The set bonus is only attached to the armoring mod for War Hero and Campaign gear.

Tionese/Columi/Rakata/BM gear bought before or AFTER 1.2 does NOT have the set bonus on the armoring. This is working as intended.

Then why did they give you the ability to craft orange BM gear shells if the set bonus doesn't transfer? It makes no sense whatsoever. Respond to this Zoeller!

The BM gear craftables, while having a level req (no valor) did NOT have a class req. So basically troopers could wear BM JK gear, Sents/smugglers swap gear sets and what not for tomfoolery/choice. It wouldn't count towards set... but your other 4 pieces could be set and the shell item not?

While I was expecting the "any moddable armor can become pve/pvp set armor....." This is at least a step in the right direction (more customization options, if just a few).

The new gear (War hero/Campaign) will be fully customizable at least. So you could take your new PvE gear and put them in war hero shell, or any shell for that matter.

Guess they figured they'd be lazy and not make things backwards compatible :(

I have personally confirmed this for all the above mentioned gear.

mind bottling. seriously, unless it is a bug.

the itemization, appearance, and marketablility of orange crafted items, STILL, is very low.

sure, you can buy all the War Hero (hideous) schematics, and craft LIMITED orange gear.

looks like my BH will be rocking augmentless armor/guns.

the "new" 1.2 does very little in the way of customization...

as of yet.

I would love to hear the explanation for why tionese, columni and rakata gear now have the armour slot available to remove, but only campaign gear can carry the set bonus with it.

I understand why gear that was modified before the patch wouldn't have this option, because it would be pretty hard to trace what was done.

However, the fact that it doesn't work with NEW tionese etc purchased after the patch just feels like laziness.

It's also fun that the set bonus information in the tooltips doesn't update properly half the time. I swapped out the armouring from a newly purchased set of tionese gloves to an orange glove that I liked, and the tooltip said that I had the set bonus. But when I checked my abilities, I noticed that the reduction in energy cost that came with the set bonus was only applied if I put the tionese gloves on, even with the armouring removed.

Sigh.

I did something similar, taking my mods out of BM gear and placing into war hero orange shells. Nothing transferred. Now that the mods have been removed at a cost of 350k, I have no set bonus and even if they fix this I bet the set bonus will not transfer for me because I put the mods into the orange shell.

Yea i was very disappointed with this. Whats the point of crafted armor if i cant the bonuses of my pvp bm and pve columi set with it? I thought that the bonuses would be on the armoring piece it self. And like a Jack*** i changed my armoring to a different set of armor thinking that what it was. So wasted about 550k per set rofl. /slapself

it should have been made more clear in the patch notes that the set bonuses would not transfer because it honestly doesnt make logical sense for the bonuses on a pvp set of armor to not transfer over to an orange pvp gear set, same with pve sets.

Yea i was very disappointed with this. Whats the point of crafted armor if i cant the bonuses of my pvp bm and pve columi set with it? I thought that the bonuses would be on the armoring piece it self. And like a Jack*** i changed my armoring to a different set of armor thinking that what it was. So wasted about 550k per set rofl. /slapself

I put in a ticket asking for credit refund, will see if I get an answer.

Before anyone else gets all crazy about this let me explain here (where people oviously read AFTER they waste money in game and not beforehand).

To give the new gear an edge over the previous stuff besides stats and ect the mods that were given the ability to carry thier set bonuses are only available on the NEW POST 1.2 GEAR! RAKATA, BATTLEMASTER, CHAMPION, TIONESE GEAR IS NOT POST 1.2 GEAR! Now then, campaign gear, black hole commendation gear and rated/unrated war hero gear is new 1.2 gear and those set bonuses will transfer. So, instead of the "everything is broken and it all sucks and i did all this for nothing..wah.. wah" type of attitude realize that once you get any of the new pvp/pve gear you can mod anything with a socket on it (some mods are restricted to the same type of piece however: boots to boots ect.. But you can mod all the old stuff you farmed and add in the new gear mods, its not bioware's fault that you cant do some simple research, could they have broken it down scooby style sure, however if you are the type of person that mods a lot you would READ THE PATCH NOTES!!!!!

Hope this helps...

Edited by -Guardian-

Yeah, it was poorly explained... I kept having to re explain it to guildies... I feel bad for the ones who still thought the set bonuses would transfer... its kinda turned into a cluster...

But I think its a step in a the right direction, @ least from here on out, with the new tiers it should work well and allow for customization like they said we would have from the get go...

Again, I ask the question - if Bioware did not intend Battlemaster set bonus to transfer with armoring, why give synthweavers the option of creating orange Battlemaster shells? That makes zero sense and is misleading to those transferring mods.

Someone on the PVP forum stated that they transferred new BM gear to an orange piece and the skill changed to reflect the set bonus even though the text showing 5/5 set pieces did not. Can anyone confirm this that any new gear bought will have its effects carry over but the text reflecting it is bugged?

I will test this myself but I'm not really looking forward to potentially pulling the armoring from a BM piece and then having to pay and pull it back out if it doesn't work.

Again, I ask the question - if Bioware did not intend Battlemaster set bonus to transfer with armoring, why give synthweavers the option of creating orange Battlemaster shells? That makes zero sense and is misleading to those transferring mods.

What I read is that for BM the shells will have the set bonuses. So, for example, if you are a Sorc and you want the Force-Mystic set bonus for healing but would prefer the Force-Master crit and surge bonuses vs. alacrity, you can use commendations to obtain Force-Master BM gear that has the stats you want (with the set bonus you don't). Then pull out the mods and transfer to Force-Mystic BM shells (with the set bonus you're after) that you buy from a crafter. And preferably buy the ones with an augment slot.

It also says that the BM shells require Valor 60 even though the gear doesn't.

Edited by DarthCylo