Healers post 1.2 = GG

dragonfly_eb

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the class. Sages/sorcs took a big hit and mine is no longer fun for healing in pvp. Against a decent team you are hardly ever able to get your big heal cast even with high alacrity and the cast time to 2.2 seconds. Having it crit more often does not help when you are almost never able to finish casting. I end up only casting the smaller heal so I get intrrupted less often, but people drop like flies including myslef.

I changed to balance and I die less often since I am able to stay moblie more often. And get more medals which is much more important now.

From what Ive seen so far, healers are getting **** on. If not properly guarded and peeled for they will wilt under minimal pressure. Merc/commando healers simply can not heal more then one target with out heat locking/running out of ammo. Sorcs/sages have to turret heals making them easy to catch and burn. Op/scoundrels seem to be having the most success due to their ability to stay mobile and heal multiple people, however just as before the patch you can put heavy pressure on an op/scoundrel and force them to use all their energy. The healer nerfs by themselves wouldn't be too bad if not for all the dps and in particular mura/sent buffs.

Reikok, you can gain defensive points by fighting on an object like a door/node in a Warzone

The catch is it requires you to stay alive. Not easy to do when the majority of your good heals root you in place and put a big green kill me sign over your head. Against bad teams it is no problem. Silly me, I left the good teams for the bad because I like a challange.

The problem is now that any and all matches are now just deathmatch gankfests. You can't heal anyone, ever, because they will die. BW has essentially made healers complketely useless. They have no effect at all no on the outcome of any wz. Way to go! :rolleyes:

I have two pieces of BM gear (that I bought today) and the rest is PvE gear (Columi/Rakata).

I had NO PROBLEM healing today.

I can STILL easily heal through 2 dps attacking me.

Would more expertise help? Sure. Is it necessary? Nope, not at all.

this depends big-time on how good the other side is. against good players who know how to use interrupts and target healers, good luck.

if you are on the non-dominant faction and with pugs, good luck getting a coms or credits, too.

Warzone Healing is all about gear. I am in mostly BM gear (Merc Healing)and I literally can not be killed unless an equally geared BM starts beating on me hard... I have had 6 members of the opposing team unloading and I have been able to keep up. The trick is that BM main pieces have +100 Expertise on them. I have nearly 1k of expertise this changes the whole game. Very Very soon people are going to realize that you HAVE to HAVE BM gear to PvP if you do not you will be annihilated. I have really no idea how BW expects people to gain entry into pvp with a system this unballanced but this is the new reality.

^^

BW simply must balance unranked war zones and do so quickly. The gear advantage makes PvP unplayable for casuals and new 50s.

this depends big-time on how good the other side is. against good players who know how to use interrupts and target healers, good luck.

if you are on the non-dominant faction and with pugs, good luck getting a coms or credits, too.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have ever had guard on me or anyone try to back me up on my healer. Honestly, they ALWAYS leave me to solo anything that comes my way. When I get marked that can easily be 4+ dps players. I CAN'T keep up with the healing on this, and nobody can. I've had better protection on my sent alt and get guard pretty often. The nerfs with 1.2 have killed wz's for me. They don't even work on paper. Why do some of you defend these changes? :confused:

ahhh poor little healers are no longer OP & the biggest tanks in the game. Now you fit your roll rather than face rolling because no one on your team can be killed, including the healers.

Ah yes, you had to bring your insightful and constructive arguments to the table to persuade us to follow you in your immense wisdom.

Thank you for sharing, it was well received.

Huh?

What?

All you literally have to do is heal near an objective and watch the medals fly. Throw in a few globals for some auto-attack and spray some enemies for even more medals.

90% dedicated to healing in WZs and I finish with 9+ medals.

Agreed. It's funny when complaining illustrates lack of competency/knowledge. Shouldn't you take the time to learn about a subject before your stampede to the forums to whine? I guess not.

as a healer all i ever see is the word "interrupt" when the other team marks you as a healer you may as well just go home

Don't you love it? Getting pushed, pulled, stunned so you can't do anything? On top of that, actual interrupts? It's great. ^^

Yes, I agree that healers got the biggest possible shaft with the recent patch . . I have gone two games now with 0's across the board because I try healing a pug group. People will never spec healing again if this continues (unless you are in a hard core pvp group). For those of us that like PvE and like SOLO queuing . . forget it

I can't handle pugs running in and dying like crazy while I am trying to heal them . . Insta death = Insta . . nothing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.