Sage dps in pvp after patch 1.2

Sinladin

TK is pretty nonviable given the prevalence of very high dps melee range classes (marauder, op, pt). Standing still = death.

You can get away with it in an extremely strong premade where you faceroll everyone anyway, or in the occasional pug where the enemy is all completely retarded, but in average competitive PvP it doesn't work.

I'm running 7/0/34, I wanted the 15% dot damage reduction to help combat the pyro/marauder madness going on at the moment. Doesn't really help a lot of the time. :)

Edited by entropicdecay

TK is pretty nonviable given the prevalence of very high dps melee range classes (marauder, op, pt). Standing still = death.

You can get away with it in an extremely strong premade where you faceroll everyone anyway, or in the occasional pug where the enemy is all completely retarded, but in average competitive PvP it doesn't work.

I'm running 7/0/34, I wanted the 15% dot damage reduction to help combat the pyro/marauder madness going on at the moment. Doesn't really help a lot of the time. :)

Balance and Hybrid have to spam TK Throw a lot otherwise their damage is pretty irrelevant and easily dispelled by healers who have a brain.

Edited by Vales

Balance and Hybrid have to spam TK Throw a lot otherwise their damage is pretty irrelevant and easily dispelled by healers who have a brain.

That is somewhat true but it's obviously a much bigger problem for deep TK builds who are missing the extra instant cast abilities. Plus as I'm sure you know, 90% of players don't have a brain. Dots don't get dispelled, it's as simple as that.

That is somewhat true but it's obviously a much bigger problem for deep TK builds who are missing the extra instant cast abilities. Plus as I'm sure you know, 90% of players don't have a brain. Dots don't get dispelled, it's as simple as that.

When I am around they will more often than not unless Restoration is on CD or I do not have the GCD free.

Edited by Vales

Balance dmg is periodic and instant. Take Mind Crush instant and then ticks. Usually Force in Balance is used to AoE dmg, and bump the DoTs up a notch. A good balance sage is doing more than TK Throw spam. Sometimes since they are ranged they can even act as an extra healer and spam their two heals and force armour. We also cc and interrupt. One goos strategy is to cc the healer present and then DoT another player or simply spam dots on the healer with interrupts and cc. The second option is a real pain for the healer as he ends up concentrating on themselves rather than the team.

• 4 weeks later...

Tbh I don't see healers dispelling at all. And that got nothing to do with their skill level, it's merely a matter of them having to concentrate on their own survival and to raise the healthbars of others. If a guy is nuked by 2 other AND have a dot on him, then it would make sense to heal if he was near death, rather than dispelling which would kill him, right?

Just my opinions :>

It bugs me when people just spam dots.You aren't helping your team in anyway and are just trying to make it look like you are awesome at dpsing.

I've been trying this specc out and I've found my dps is hitting the same numbers I ussually hit with the hybrid,it may look wierd but try it,it is very good for 1v1s and support dps'ing.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600G0bZbczZfRbRsMkrc.1

I'm suprised not many people used the 10% AoE dmg increase in the seer tree as much,as you end up getting wicked crits with force inbalance.

Seems wasteful to go into that tree for a 10% AoE box that will only apply to two abilities. Think about that you're giving up for it.

Tbh I don't see healers dispelling at all. And that got nothing to do with their skill level, it's merely a matter of them having to concentrate on their own survival and to raise the healthbars of others. If a guy is nuked by 2 other AND have a dot on him, then it would make sense to heal if he was near death, rather than dispelling which would kill him, right?

Just my opinions :>

This is what I'm seeing too.

Jumped on to my Sage for the first time since January, looked at the talent tree and went with the same build I've been using for almost a year. Still mopped up 1v1, still saved teammates, still had the most kills, killing blows, solo kills, medals, and still had 300k damage and 100k healing. All that after the rest of the world has 5 months to catch up and outgear me and when I couldn't even quite remember where I left my stun and lift.

So, basically, what is all the whining about? I've been playing a Sage since July of last year, way back even before people were crying non-stop about how OP Sage is in beta. Not much has changed, but some how the whining has gone full circle.

• 2 weeks later...