The Bounty Hunter’s Guide to PFT: An Advanced Prototype Special

TheOpf

Seeing as I'm currently levelling a powertech (Pyro at the moment, because AP sucks until you get at least to tier 5 and only really starts to work once you hit 40) I am very interested in this topic.

However, for some reason the original post is missing when I look at it, leaving only a garbled mix of the site banner and title, with some other text behind it.

Am I the only one with this problem?

If the site banner and add are blocking it. It is most likely your comp. I would hit refresh when on the screen and put it at full screen to see if it reloads properly.

What level are you currently? Pyro is very very nice once you get PPA Procs. I wish I would have switched over from Shield Tech sooner than 30. It was much faster with Pyro and Torian. Currently I run AP with Skadge or Blizz depending on who is running missions. I have Blizz at 9800 favoritism so I am about to switch back and forth until I can get them totally favorited.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the site banner and add are blocking it. It is most likely your comp. I would hit refresh when on the screen and put it at full screen to see if it reloads properly.

What level are you currently? Pyro is very very nice once you get PPA Procs. I wish I would have switched over from Shield Tech sooner than 30. It was much faster with Pyro and Torian. Currently I run AP with Skadge or Blizz depending on who is running missions. I have Blizz at 9800 favoritism so I am about to switch back and forth until I can get them totally favorited.

I just got up to 28, had a bad run in with a level 30 gunslinger while questing on Tatooine that annoyed me quite a lot. He just bunkered up and kicked my *** in seconds. I'm used to being able to kick *** and take name at a few levels up from my sentinel so that was kind of a sobering experience...

Anyhow yeah, pyro is great for levelling once you get PPA, I just need more experience with Powertech in PvP.

I just got up to 28, had a bad run in with a level 30 gunslinger while questing on Tatooine that annoyed me quite a lot. He just bunkered up and kicked my *** in seconds. I'm used to being able to kick *** and take name at a few levels up from my sentinel so that was kind of a sobering experience...

Anyhow yeah, pyro is great for levelling once you get PPA, I just need more experience with Powertech in PvP.

Snipers/Slingers who see you first are always going to give you trouble. LoS, Electro Dart, are your only options at your level. As you get higher you get Carbonize.

I finally got around to remodding my gear with champion surge/power mods and also bought the WH Combat Tech's Blaster. My surge is at 302 and expertise at 1164. I only put surge/power mods in two pieces of BM gear. My DPS is now at a more than acceptable level. I crit over 4000 on immolates (w/ relic buff) and 3000 RPs. FB crits for 2400. PFT still seems pretty lacklster, but on occassion it will crit for 2000 a tick. Most of the time it hits for 1300-1500 on crits which is still great if I manage to get all 4 ticks off. Overall I am liking the non-RS build much better now.

Snipers/Slingers who see you first are always going to give you trouble. LoS, Electro Dart, are your only options at your level. As you get higher you get Carbonize.

I don't know if he resisted it or if he had any CD up to negate CC but he took my dart in the face and kept blasting, as for LoS that's kinda hard to do on tatooine =p

I got him down to 50% health before he killed me but that was it.

Like I said I'm used to being able to pop camo and flank the cover classes, but I guess it will get easier once I get PFT when I switch specs at 40.

Those slingers will be crispy critters in their holes XD

I finally got around to remodding my gear with champion surge/power mods and also bought the WH Combat Tech's Blaster. My surge is at 302 and expertise at 1164. I only put surge/power mods in two pieces of BM gear. My DPS is now at a more than acceptable level. I crit over 4000 on immolates (w/ relic buff) and 3000 RPs. FB crits for 2400. PFT still seems pretty lacklster, but on occassion it will crit for 2000 a tick. Most of the time it hits for 1300-1500 on crits which is still great if I manage to get all 4 ticks off. Overall I am liking the non-RS build much better now.

Trying to figure out where you're getting 150 more surge then me from 2 pieces. I'm at 1121 expertise (add 2 BM relics and I'd be 1223). So you somehow get rid of ~50 expertise, so yeah 2 enhacements and gain 150 surge (sitting at 153 myself). Trying to figure this out. 2 enhancements are like 96, so you have like another 50+.

I don't know if he resisted it or if he had any CD up to negate CC but he took my dart in the face and kept blasting...

That's Hunker Down, 20 second immunity to all CC on a 1 min CD. In your situation, the best thing you could do is run directly away from him until til you are out of his range and Hunker Down is over. You can tell if it's up because it makes the normal cover look bigger (adds "shoulders" to the top of the cover field). After it's burned the playing field evens out a bit, but I would still say the GS has the advantage in an open field where you have nothing to use for LoS.

Good Luck :)

Edited by Cryowolf
clarification

That's Hunker Down, 20 second immunity to all CC on a 1 min CD. In your situation, the best thing you could do is run directly away from him until til you are out of his range and Hunker Down is over. You can tell if it's up because it makes the normal cover look bigger (adds "shoulders" to the top of the cover field). After it's burned the playing field evens out a bit, but I would still say the GS has the advantage in an open field where you have nothing to use for LoS.

Good Luck :)

I had forgotten they got Hunker Down at 30 - Nice Call Cryo.

To everyone else Taugrim did a video of the Norse Build. It does seem that the Vanguard PG is broken currently.

You can view the Video (it's a bit long 3 hours haha) http://www.twitch.tv/taugrim/b/315445462

Updated the Guide to reflect Vanguard Builds.

Edited by TheOpf

I had forgotten they got Hunker Down at 30 - Nice Call Cryo.

To everyone else Taugrim did a video of the Norse Build. It does seem that the Vanguard PG is broken currently.

You can view the Video (it's a bit long 3 hours haha) http://www.twitch.tv/taugrim/b/315445462

Updated the Guide to reflect Vanguard Builds.

I wanna know how he changes his mouse cursor.

Trying to figure out where you're getting 150 more surge then me from 2 pieces. I'm at 1121 expertise (add 2 BM relics and I'd be 1223). So you somehow get rid of ~50 expertise, so yeah 2 enhacements and gain 150 surge (sitting at 153 myself). Trying to figure this out. 2 enhancements are like 96, so you have like another 50+.

I am using all the BM Combat Tech gear and the rest BM Eliminator. I modded the BM Combat Tech Helmet and Gloves with the Champion Operative Glove/Helmet enhancements. I just double checked, and I have 1165 Expertise, 302 Surge, 340 power, and 319 Crit. The WH Combat Tech's Blaster has 53 surge and 61 crit.

I am using all the BM Combat Tech gear and the rest BM Eliminator. I modded the BM Combat Tech Helmet and Gloves with the Champion Operative Glove/Helmet enhancements. I just double checked, and I have 1165 Expertise, 302 Surge, 340 power, and 319 Crit. The WH Combat Tech's Blaster has 53 surge and 61 crit.

Oh there's the extra surge, the gun. OK i missed that. TY.

Yea i pre 1.2 had all modded enh from oper gloves.

Oh there's the extra surge, the gun. OK i missed that. TY.

Yea i pre 1.2 had all modded enh from oper gloves.

Dardack, did you ever get around to Using a full alarcity stat and seeing what it does to pft in terms of shortening the channelling time of PFT?

Also does anyone know if PFT/FB/Immolate require Accuracy or just tech accuracy to hit? If it's tech accuracy than accuracy becomes really really low on the chart for Norse build, but is higher for RS/Gut users.

Dardack, did you ever get around to Using a full alarcity stat and seeing what it does to pft in terms of shortening the channelling time of PFT?

Also does anyone know if PFT/FB/Immolate require Accuracy or just tech accuracy to hit? If it's tech accuracy than accuracy becomes really really low on the chart for Norse build, but is higher for RS/Gut users.

Not since early SWTOR. Alacrity did NOT affect FT back then. I would doubt it does in 1.2. Easiest/cheapest way to check is buy the medic Recruit gear. Get your haste %, times 1-.% by 3sec, and see if FT is that fast. Unless they stealth buffed it, I doubt it. (ie if your alacrity is 5%, 1-.05=.95*3=2.85, so FT should finish in 2.85. To really see it you wanna get it down to 2.5 or even 2, but that's going to be more difficult. Oh wait we have Combat Log, would have to look at the FT line and see if it has a FT start, FT end sequence. At my parents camp, on laptop, helping remove an old fireplace, just had a break to read some forums, can't log in to test.

Ok accuracy is worst stat ever. Only DW/Pyro for RS (although plenty don't use any and do insane numbers)/snipers/against tanks in pvp need it.

Now I guess that's why it's on all the gear is against tanks in pvp but meh. If you open you tech page you alreadyy have 100% to hit for tech, and all BH abilities but RS/Unload/Rapid Shots are tech. So it can be somewhat useful against tanks but again meh. Give me power/surge.

Edited by dardack

Dardack, Mapex, Taugrim, Agooz, and anyone else who can do this take a look at

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Kray-s-Powertech-DPS-Simulator-v1-2-6-FULL-RELEASE

I think something is wrong with his simulator. His estimated dps for max BiS Rakata gear for Norse build is about 50 points below what I am averaging with far less than optimum gear.

Can you guys enter your stats and let me know how far off the numbers are.

Here is what I did:

I used their base stats making no changes except Combat Tech 4 pc off, but we should figure out a better base stat build.

The Norse build estimated without RB is higher than Norse with RB.

Taking RS off the HL limit of 20 and just using RP at 20 HL

Max DPS Rotation:

1 PFT x 5

RP_FREE

IMMO

FB

1464 without RB/RS

1419 with RB

Full AP without their crap rotation, but with a rotation of

PFTx5,

RP free,

IMMO,

RS Crit,

RB,

FB

1533 dps.

RB contributed to 10 percent of total dps and RS did 11 percent.

Please do some testing and let me know what you guys come up with.

Dardack, Mapex, Taugrim, Agooz, and anyone else who can do this take a look at

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Kray-s-Powertech-DPS-Simulator-v1-2-6-FULL-RELEASE

I think something is wrong with his simulator. His estimated dps for max BiS Rakata gear for Norse build is about 50 points below what I am averaging with far less than optimum gear.

Can you guys enter your stats and let me know how far off the numbers are.

Here is what I did:

I used their base stats making no changes except Combat Tech 4 pc off, but we should figure out a better base stat build.

The Norse build estimated without RB is higher than Norse with RB.

Max DPS Rotation:

1 PFT x 5

RP_FREE

IMMO

FB

1464 without RB/RS

1419 with RB

Full AP without their crap rotation, but with a rotation of

PFTx5,

RP free,

IMMO,

RS Crit,

RB,

FB

1533 dps.

RB contributed to 10 percent of total dps and RS did 11 percent.

Please do some testing and let me know what you guys come up with.

Sorry man no excel.

Sorry man no excel.

Can you private message me your stats, and I will put them in. Also if you have a combat log, I would love to get a copy of your combat log from a boss fight in a raid.

Here are the needed stats:

Aim, Cunning, Power, Tech Power, Accuracy, Critical, Surge, base weapon damage

Ranged Stats and Tech stats as well as What set bonuses you have.

Thanks

Can you private message me your stats, and I will put them in. Also if you have a combat log, I would love to get a copy of your combat log from a boss fight in a raid.

Here are the needed stats:

Aim, Cunning, Power, Tech Power, Accuracy, Critical, Surge, base weapon damage

Ranged Stats and Tech stats as well as What set bonuses you have.

Thanks

Aim 2012

Cun 147

Power 435

TP 1217

Acc rating 51

C rating 153

Surge 441

BWD 264-491 (columni)

No set bonuses

Didn't keep a log of that pvp boss area on tatooine for event. And i keep forgetting for other raids. TBH don't care about DPS if boss diies. Since everything is dieing right now, haven't focus'd on the logs.

Edited by dardack

First of all this is a great Guide.

My rotation is a little bit different than yours but that should be hardly noticeable.

I start my rotation with RB - Im - RP

Just for convinience so i don't have to pay attention to the RS proc once FT is done.

Its just easier for me to start my rotation with RB and end it with FT instead of starting with Im and possible ending on FT or RS.

My rotation is a little bit different than yours but that should be hardly noticeable.

Just for convinience so i don't have to pay attention to the RS proc once FT is done.

Its just easier for me to start my rotation with RB and end it with FT instead of starting with Im and possible ending on FT or RS.

Having an opener that forces you to be in melee range all the time, I think is not a good idea.

What Agooz said, plus putting off immolate in your rotation is a dps loss. Immolate is your highest Instant hitter, and putting it off even by 1.5 seconds per rotation will give you one less immolate every 15 seconds this would amount to a significant dps loss.

Aim 2012

Cun 147

Power 435

TP 1217

Acc rating 51

C rating 153

Surge 441

BWD 264-491 (columni)

No set bonuses

Didn't keep a log of that pvp boss area on tatooine for event. And i keep forgetting for other raids. TBH don't care about DPS if boss diies. Since everything is dieing right now, haven't focus'd on the logs.

Actually your dps ends up being higher calculated than the BiS rated set ;p. The spreadsheet calc's your dps as

1522.52 Norse without the use of Retractable Blade

1557.49 Norse with the use of Retractable Blade.

1616.59 Standard AP Rotation/Build

It's odd because at your stat setting you have a net gain by using RB, while at my level RB is a net loss.

According to the stat weight calculator the stat that you would gain the most by adding would be Crit, Aim, Power than tech power for norse, while in a standard Rotation/Build Aim would be your highest per point spent.

Crit would gain you a net dps of 19.06 for every 50.

Aim would gain you a net dps of 19 for every 50

Edited by TheOpf