1.2 assassin damage decrease ?

Solosus

After running a few warfronts, noticed my average damage had dropped by around 40%, anyone notice any strange post patch damage numbers in warfronts ?? i also noticed other classes seem to be doing less damage, but i can understand that as quite a few were balanced, a little surprised as to the decline in damage.

Yeah, likely:

- Newer players in recruit gear are harder to faceroll due to expertise

- Veteran players in full BM have more expertise added to gear

- Anyone with >500 expertise sees better scaling due to the changes in diminishing returns.

I'm a fan.

Yeah, likely:

- Anyone with >500 expertise sees better scaling due to the changes in diminishing returns.

I'm a fan.

Can you provide some info or a link to some info on the DR change on expertise, if yes that would be <3

Yeah, likely:

I'm a fan.

Ah that would explain it, thanks.

Basically if you were in some mix of PvE gear your DPS will go down since Expertise got buffed quite a bit.

As a class Assassins are virtually unchanged in this patch.

In general I find my damage seems to be better because there are a lot of people wearing some mix of PvE gear and you hit those guys much harder. Full BM versus BM you still pretty much cancel out each other's mods via Expertise which is pretty similar to what it was before.

There was a huge increase in expertise with 1.2

Which reduced everyones damage in PvP

Ehm... no. It increased damage. At least on the expertise level I'm sitting at.

1035 expertise provides:

20.36% damage boost in pvp.

16.91% damage reduction in pvp.

11.21% healing boost in pvp.

Now in 1.2, being in full BM is the best setup (at least until people start to get full war hero sets). Forget part rakata/part BM, you will just get facerolled unless you are in anything other than full BM gear due to the reworked expertise.

Im hitting like 24% dmg against other players compared to like 12% pre 1.2. Thats a massive difference lol. Having said that, BM gear is even easier to get now.

I noticed in my warzone runs yesterday, I was just facerolling people in full champion sets like they had zero armor.

Edited by -Alma-

Yep I have a mix of champ and BM with Rak implants and ear plus oranges that had much better stats than the BM stuff. I was getting destroyed yesterday. I am going to lose a lot of Endurance, crit/surge switching out my stuff to straight BM gear.

I hate being pigeon holed into straight pvp gear but you pretty much have no choice now. I had a bunch of comms saved up so I was able to get a couple of pieces yesterday which helped the situation but my dps went way down as a trade off of being slightly less squishy.

I think this is down to the change in mods/enchancements. Ive been punching below my normal damage because of the patch issue, I couldnt login to put all my mods etc back in my old armour to benefit from the changes.

So if you changed your mods/ench around and didnt put the old ones back, then this is probably why you arent dealing the big numbers yet

Ehm... no. It increased damage. At least on the expertise level I'm sitting at.

1035 expertise provides:

20.36% damage boost in pvp.

16.91% damage reduction in pvp.

11.21% healing boost in pvp.

The damage increase and decrease have always scaled at the same rate.

Unless your in the very best gear(Full BM/ War Hero) you will notice a general decrease in damage in the short term because Centurion/Champions gear is now way out dated. Obviously the reverse of that is if your in the higher gear bracket, you get too enjoy crushing people for awhile. :D

Eventually it will level out, and it'll feel much the same in the long run.

However, Deception is thriving right now because of the healer changes/nerfs allowing for much easier kill opportunities on the squishy targets. Enjoy it while you can :cool:

However, Deception is thriving right now because of the healer changes/nerfs allowing for much easier kill opportunities on the squishy targets. Enjoy it while you can :cool:

I disagree, you also die quicker without cds or in cc (which was always more the problem, not getting kills). I personally feel I'm doing about the same overall.

Then again, I try to stick to group play.

Edited by Lina_Inverse

I find my deception damage is way lower than pre 1.2. I know that a lot of that is having to change my mods back to original BM gear. However, People that I could compete against 1v1 now *** own me.

I'm going back to OP tank-assasin.

Problem is no more mods that can easily add crit and especially surge without expertise and if you do change to older mods the lack of expertise hurts far worse. Hitting someone in full 1.2 bm gear is a wash now find someone that has the older set or some pve gear and ur numbers soar easy kill fo sure.

1.2 expertise is king in pvp and surge is harder to gear up that's the biggest change I find I now have crit and accuracy out the butt lol.